Author Topic: Nuubia remake - multitextured  (Read 8302 times)

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: Nuubia remake - multitextured
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59:44 pm »
now you have a bravo spawn before the blue flag, and an alpha spawn after the red flag, that's unbalanced. Maybe you could update you first post.

I think you can easily lower your polycount. I'll try someday...
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »
I came across a rather nice texture, which I attached to this post.
I also hope you'll add some lianas or something - remake still looks a bit empty comparing to the original (but that's just me being picky <_<). It has a plenty of bigger sceneries (like those tree BGs on left/mid/right, which IMHO look too dark and not as good as original ones), but not many smaller sceneries like bushes or lianas, so map feels a bit empty.
Not that it needs to be overloaded with sceneries, but you can even just copy/paste the ones in original nuubia and it should look fine.

As for layout changes - I don't like the tunnel much (it makes blue base much less safe for blue flagger), and those pillars bug me - they're distracting and not really suitable for camping since nuubia's a fast-paced map.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 04:15:29 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:46 pm »
I came across a rather nice texture, which I attached to this post.
I also hope you'll add some lianas or something - remake still looks a bit empty comparing to the original (but that's just me being picky <_<). It has a plenty of bigger sceneries (like those tree BGs on left/mid/right, which IMHO look too dark and not as good as original ones), but not many smaller sceneries like bushes or lianas, so map feels a bit empty.
Not that it needs to be overloaded with sceneries, but you can even just copy/paste the ones in original nuubia and it should look fine.

As for layout changes - I don't like the tunnel much (it makes blue base much less safe for blue flagger), and those pillars bug me - they're distracting and not really suitable for camping since nuubia's a fast-paced map.

ahh kamikaze duck texture, my favourites however when doing textures for multitexturing and you dont wanna mess around in photoshop or similar there is this nifty tool you can use that you can find here

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 07:43:49 pm »
I was thinking you can actually merge different textures together using Polyworks' polygon transparency feature and then taking a screenshot of it to save as texture

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »
paint FTW xD

DarkCrusade

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 02:45:17 am »
@Loner: I don´t recommend camping on Nuubia even if those pillars are there. Also the pillars are imo too small to camp there and furthermore their opacity has been set to ~90% what´d make it hard to camp there. I´ll mess around with your attached texture and see what difference it has. I am still working on the scenery but I´ll take your suggestions about those big trees into account.

@BJ: That´s possible? Didn´t think about it but it sounds nice, but I guess Rains program is doing the job better and nicer.

@As de Espada: Well, if you want to look whether you are able to reduce the amount of polygons in this map you´ve got my accreditation ;) On a side note: I think it´s hard to merge textures with paint like Rainraiders tool does it if you don´t want to get a phased texture.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 01:52:07 am »
is that story of giving the fish an teaching fishing: How to reduce polycount