Poll

Which map version into default maplist?

Original
9 (69.2%)
Rework
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 26, 2012, 04:08:02 am

Author Topic: inf_Abel  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
inf_Abel
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:52:06 am »
Original:

Rework:

Download
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:56:19 am by Suowarrior »

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
Re: inf_Abel
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:36:29 am »
this map needs a cool vietnam theme...

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:18:13 am »
Whats with the hills at the top, left of the red spawns? And why did you disconnect that camp spot from blue spawn. That was like the only spot in the map that give's blue an opportunity to kill efc with a lucky shot after being killed. But in this version, if red caps and you're dead you're pretty much sol...idk maybe you were trying to balance the map? Well that's easy. Add more red spawns to the top, but not too many. That hill is a bigger problem for red. Enough said..

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »
The parachute spawns are better than the top route spawns. This makes a very interesting first rush because the alpha players that respawned in parachute will be reaching the black flag RIGHT at the time when blue players are reaching their flag. This aspect of the map makes the first rush very interesting and important. The new spawns completely take that off because its way slower. Leave the location of the up spawns (PArachute), but add another spawn like the rework and it would be better.

I have no real opinion on those cahnges to the camping spots though. As far as im concerned, it was useless before and will continue to be pretty useless (Unless the angles were changed a bit to look down easier).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:44:03 pm by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 06:56:26 pm »
The parachute spawns are better than the top route spawns. This makes a very interesting first rush because the alpha players that respawned in parachute will be reaching the black flag RIGHT at the time when blue players are reaching their flag. This aspect of the map makes the first rush very interesting and important. The new spawns completely take that off because its way slower. Leave the location of the up spawns (PArachute), but add another spawn like the rework and it would be better.

I have no real opinion on those cahnges to the camping spots though. As far as im concerned, it was useless before and will continue to be pretty useless (Unless the angles were changed a bit to look down easier).
Well, I checked the timing and to me it seems like first rush should still be same as in the original. Maybe it's just me :/
I find it less annoying if you spawn right on the ground because this way you have more control over your soldier. In mid-air you have much less control.

I agree that the top-right part was useless and even if you do miraculously manage to kill the flagger - the chances that no one else grabs the flag are still very low.
However I did change the polygon angles there a bit, so it should be a bit easier to shoot from that spot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:42:58 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 09:44:20 pm »

----------- Changes:
v1.3
- Repositioned Red roof spawns
- Changed the appearance of "WTF are those mountains?" to make them look less random.
- Other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:20:23 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:23 am »
Still, I think those mountains look distracting, but they look nice and distracting now. I´d be quit happy if the angle of the bravo camp spot was better so that you´d actually be able to shoot down instead of shooting at the spawn.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:46:13 pm »
Mountains are there simply to show players which part of the roof is playable and which one is deadly.
I'm not quite sure which Bravo camp spot you're talking about (there are tons of them :D). Could you please post a screenshot?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 03:48:40 pm »
I am talking about the camp spot that bravo was once able to go to right after spawning (where the alpha parachuters come down).

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »
Sorry, I'm still not sure what you mean. :S
But if it might answer your question: there's actually an invisible wall that prevents blue players and flaggers from getting to top red spawn, but it's only in 1.5.1 version of the map.

*oh crap, I forgot to remove that wall from 1.5 version..*
If you already downloaded the remake - please redownload, or you'll be stuck on roof. D: