Author Topic: HH  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
HH
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:29:49 am »
Original:

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: HH
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:56:25 pm »
I fixed duz remake, coming with this
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:31:27 am »
Are you kidding me? That "hole" was an easteregg. And as eastereggs seem to be supposed the way they are and as they are all awesome I´d like you to add it again ...

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:33:29 am »
yeah... I'll ask duz about it, but I'll just ask if you consider going outside of a map (bigfalls) is an easteregg
and if you does, if you think it should be preserved

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:03:33 am »
I think that going outside of any map is an easteregg if it´s not accessable just by jetting on a visable polygon like on many maps, not like on htf_Dusk´s invisible roof. On a sidenote: You can - after getting onto the roof of Bigfalls - jet down and get M79 boosted into a little room under the map, noone will ever get you there :)

Eastereggs need to be preserved. And I want the walkable roof on Bunker back.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:23:40 pm »
Duz said that he didn't want a stucked* gameplay, and there's a create with a colider there to make things a little more like the original. He suggested making the hole again, but not so deep as before, removing the create.

*the actual portuguese word is something like "locked"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:29:13 pm by As de Espada »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 09:48:18 pm »
Easter Egg is something intentional. If not - it's simply a polybug. Such "easter eggs" can be fun in DM/TDM, but can be a problem in RM, PM and HTF. Even though some polybugs are fun - they can disturb normal gameplay. I remember playing on some zombie servers and that hole was probably the most abused polybug I've ever seen. If you want easter eggs - just make new ones. Ones that don't give you any advantages. Ones that you can find not by bugging through polys, but rather by using your eyes and maybe brains.

As de Espada
Your remake seems to have some improvements, but the main problem is still there - right side of the map is barely useful. All the best spots are on left side. Also visuals are very plain and boring.

To be honest, I don't think this map should even be in the defaults. There are maps with layouts that are much better balanced and more fun than HH.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:04:42 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 01:13:46 pm »
To be honest, I don't think this map should even be in the defaults. There are maps with layouts that are much better balanced and more fun than HH.
Agreed!
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 09:28:14 am »

Disagreed. I like HH. And it shouldn´t be taken out of the default maplist. Better remove maps like the new jungle Laos. Really. HH has some nice flow and many different locations to fight in what makes this map very addicting for me, mostly because it works great both for zombie matches and normal DM / TM.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:45 am »
if its me, i could remove ALL maps.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 03:02:57 pm »
HH is THE BEST DM MAP EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE R. Seriously. As de Espada, I dont like your remake, completely. Its craptastic. You have taken from the map and given nothing back. The right hand side is now, smaller, and bland, the cave is lower? and the far left is bad, just the three little mushroom things though, up is fine on the left. I just seem to hate your style.

Poly bug easter egg, on HH? What? Tell.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:06:19 pm by Shard »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 10:03:48 am »
You were able to get into the wall at alpha spawn on left side by crouching and throwing grenades and stuff. I once managed to get nearly outside of the map.

And yes, HH is an awesome map, why can´t you see it? Because it doesn´t look like those usual maps? You gotta be kidding me. And yes, a remake shouldn´t look like crap.