Author Topic: Ratcave  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Ratcave
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:36:20 am »
Original:

Suggestions for replacement

Remake by Duz & As de Espada
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:23:08 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: Ratcave
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

Almost same, but improved layout.
Nice team balance.
Nice art work, even the offscreen things.
Prolly the FPS drops has been fixed.
Smart anti poly nade bug "system".
Just fit the new Soldat versions.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=36770

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:31:07 pm »
Exchange them already

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 02:21:32 pm »
BG scenery edges bugs for me.

Also since it's having large number of png scenery, that will cause fps drops.

Also those bgs are distracting/useless.

If all png scenery get deleted/changed to bmp, it could be one of the best looking default maps.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 03:00:01 pm »
FPS can drop ONLY cause of alpha-transparency in sceneries, and it's not related anyhow to the file format sceneries have. All those rocky sceneries don't have alpha channel at all, even though they are all png. So converting them to bmp will only increase their size...

Dunno about those edges... maybe some filtering issues...

Also i must mention that map still have some alpha blended polys.

All those nubs who don't like bg sceneries can turn them off using that new Soldat 1.5.1 feature to turn off bg sceneries. So the map will look like this:

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:17:16 pm »

Download

- Waypoints by As de Espada
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:17:50 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Seduct!oN

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 06:30:20 pm »
Cool ratcave bio , i liked .

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 06:46:11 pm »
Cool ratcave bio , i liked .

Not mine, its VTT's.
I never ever opened the polyworks.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 09:54:04 pm »
Remake by Duz and As de Espada is nice, though a large amount of ropes and "lines" can be a bit distracting. But overall it's still better than the original.

However I like VTT's version much more because it has a much fresher look, great shading and use of sceneries and better contrast. Only thing that's missing is additional ledges that provide some cover in bottom-left/right, like in Duz and As de Espada's remake.
About the edges - try adding a green border (one that's used for transparency) around the scenery.

BG sceneries are always useless. But distracting - not at all, and besides - they can be turned off.

It's kind of silly to completely disallow PNG sceneries - a few of them won't affect perfomance that much and again, they can be disabled completely if they're set to background. It would be helpful if someone can confirm if it's is file format or the alpha transparency that affects FPS. If it's like VTT says - then there's no point of converting those sceneries to BMP as the only difference would be increase in file size and possibly memory usage.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:11:02 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 05:24:41 am »
Remake by Duz and As de Espada is nice, though a large amount of ropes and "lines" can be a bit distracting. But overall it's still better than the original.

However I like VTT's version much more because it has a much fresher look, great shading and use of sceneries and better contrast. Only thing that's missing is additional ledges that provide some cover in bottom-left/right, like in Duz and As de Espada's remake.
About the edges - try adding a green border (one that's used for transparency) around the scenery.

BG sceneries are always useless. But distracting - not at all, and besides - they can be turned off.

It's kind of silly to completely disallow PNG sceneries - a few of them won't affect perfomance that much and again, they can be disabled completely if they're set to background. It would be helpful if someone can confirm if it's is file format or the alpha transparency that affects FPS. If it's like VTT says - then there's no point of converting those sceneries to BMP as the only difference would be increase in file size and possibly memory usage.

only bmp allowed just get used to it.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:26:34 am »
Original wins both, but if you insist so much changing it put on VTT's.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 06:27:44 am »

only bmp allowed just get used to it.
There is no logic behind this...
.bmp should be banned...

Actually the proper way is to make soldat support only a single image file type more suitable for games, such as tga or dds.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:29:35 am by VirtualTT »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:09 am »
Its all about the new bugged 1.5.1 client eating fps. Those new maps, even the flooded with shits, works fine on 1.5, but for some reason the 1.5.1 is a fat fps eater...