Author Topic: ctf_Division  (Read 10707 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
ctf_Division
« on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:33 pm »
Original

DarkCrusade

Re: ctf_Division
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:32:20 am »
I suggest my remake for lack of visuals on this map, I could work some more on the background scenery and remove all .PNG I used and it would be fine.

Link

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:16 am »
I suggest dissing your map and stick with the current division, your visual remake is annoying me.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:21:27 am »
I suggest dissing your map and stick with the current division, your visual remake is annoying me.

Agreed. That's completely meh distracting all the way, too much bg crap.

I wonder if someone disagrees with me and biggles in this case.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:23:42 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:51:00 am »
I wonder if someone disagrees with me and biggles in this case.
Me.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:28:30 am »
Dudes, I told you that I´d edit the scenery I used in this map, no need to talk about "background crap" and stuff. Also please mind that my version of Division is not only a visual upgrade but gameplay upgrade. More to see what and how on the overview.

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 11:45:44 am »
What is the problem with itself gameplay? I dont like that much this map, but i dont figure any major insues...

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 12:06:19 pm »
blah blah

The map never needed a gameplay update. Also your remix looks like crap.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:45 pm »
Dudes, I told you that I´d edit the scenery I used in this map, no need to talk about "background crap" and stuff. Also please mind that my version of Division is not only a visual upgrade but gameplay upgrade. More to see what and how on the overview.

Gameplay downgrade. The health on the top route just asks for spawnkilling and nade spamming. Also, from spawn to top is a MUCH more smooth in terms of route shifting in the original than your remake. Another map that is super dark. The original map is fine as it is.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:34 pm »
There IS visuals in the subletly of this map. You just passively notice it.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 09:21:35 pm »
What's your problem, people Dusty and Boots? You should at least have some respect DarkCrusade and his work.
Your comments aren't "critique" - it's bitching.

I have to agree with some things about the sceneries, but overall it's a not a bad remake. I still prefer original Division (it looks and plays nice as it is, there's no need to change much), but remake with some fixes would make a decent custom map too.

I think original Division could use some minor balance improvements - Bravo's positions seem much more vulnerable - the routes on their side are more straight and have much less cover than red side does. Other than that I have nothing against keeping the original map.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 06:30:18 am »
I'm sure alot of soldat players would agree these maps don't need remakes.
Yes, no doubt. I agree too, and this remake isn't the only case.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:50:43 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 09:41:07 am »
I´m sure a lot of soldat players would also like to see a remake. Sharing your opinion is no problem at all, the way you do it makes the deal. Sit down and think about yourself. How do you appeal to others? What do they feel if you say this? You are insensitive in a way that hurts other peoples feeling and you cover it as critique what I dislike about your manner and others will agree with me.
Yes some people like remakes, but I'd bet most public players! but not even the public players like when the map becomes uglier. I'm not being rude, I'm just honest, you have to work a lot on that map before it's in the same level as the current division. Note that I'm not saying you should not remake division but that your version is not enough yet.
So maybe you should continue working on it, but it'll take some time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:55:55 am by Biggles »

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »
wow men some1 call a moderator to clean up this topic? Focus on maps...

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 01:49:20 pm »
wow men some1 call a moderator to clean up this topic? Focus on maps...

Cleaned, make a topic somewhere else to raise your friendship.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 02:11:29 pm »
Cleaned, make a topic somewhere else to raise your friendship.

Thanks for that, I guess there won´t be any further discussion (... I hope so).

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:37 am »
Your maps are crap, DC, get over it. You haven't made a decent map in ever and i'm not whistling dixie. Division is adequate, for now. Boxo never asked me to work on his maps after ctf_steel much, I guess we've both been busy. His choice to use icicles.bmp is terrible and the texture isn't stretched in any possible place, the texture looks inappropriate and it lacks any form of scenery sufficiency. But the current Division is approved by me, lay off it. Not yours, liverlips, boxo's.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:00:10 am by Horve »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:11 pm »
Your maps are crap, DC, get over it. You haven't made a decent map in ever and i'm not whistling dixie.
Yes you are. Take a look at Kampf remake?
A plenty of his other maps aren't bad either.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 05:06:58 pm »
Horve, I agree with you that the current state of my remake of Division is horrible, but this isn´t changing the fact that you are pathetic. Refer to this map or stay out of this topic (talking about spam). As it seems like you think I am spamming up the forums I had a laugh on your post. Thanks Horve, you made my day, for the very first time  ;)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »
Your maps are crap, DC, get over it. You haven't made a decent map in ever and i'm not whistling dixie.
Yes you are. Take a look at Kampf remake?
A plenty of his other maps aren't bad either.
Excuse me, but didn't ctf_kampf already exist before the remake? I understand that it is excruciatingly painful and extremely difficult to remake a map without changing a darndest thing except for the gamma, some shading and colours. Especially when the initial polygon count and the size of the whole thing was small to begin with. Does that mean that it is sufficient to smack some paint on it and call it a day? As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing extraordinary about the Kampf remake at all. Anyone could make that, just look at duz's version of it. Remaking maps isn't even mapping yet, it is nothing.
[ Unnecessary trolling. Don't do it again - Keron ] I've not stated that I am better than you, I've stated that your lack of everything creates an illusion that this is the best the "mappers" can create.

If what this "mapper" has been releasing is sufficient to please the community, mapping is going to have be pronounced dead. Might as well add dominik's awesome projects to the next soldat version just to put the flowers to the grave. Why should I care anyway, right? Of course all of you know better.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:53:39 pm by Keron Cyst »