Author Topic: The Onslaught mode  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
The Onslaught mode
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »
Script Name: Onslaught
Script Description: A new 2 teams based gamemode
Original Author(s):Me
Core Version: 2.6.5
Download link

Link will redirect you to soldatcentral page, where you can find not only script, but files that include guides for players and map makers.

Script is at beta stage, it works, but there can be some non-fixed bug. I will continue developing it if script will gather some fans.
Here you can find some maps to it (2, for now):
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=37610.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=37611.0

guide.txt
Code: [Select]
Welcome to onslaught mode guide!

Some people says, that it's an "extended ttw", and they are somehow right. I will try to explain it here.

In onslaught, your mine target is to destroy enemy core, which is probably located at the other side of map. To do this, you must kiln your core, with enemy core with nodes. It's like connecting nodes. Core is connected to some node (or nodes!), they're connected to another, etc, etc, and finally last nodes are connected to enemy core. Then you're able to attacked it.

You can be convinced, with node names, cause they're like Node 1, Node 2 etc, so you can think that you need to conquer Node 1 first, then Node 2 etc. It's NOT like that (ok, it can be, but don't have to). Connections are set by map maker, and if you need to determinate what nodes you can attack, just do  /list (commands are descibed at the end of guide). Remember,  here's a difference between this and ttw. You don't have to conquer one after another. And you also can't  go trough enemy deffenieve and conquer not linked nodes.
Just in confusing situations remember: /list is your friend.

You can heal add nodes, by standing on them, and changeing weapons. Cores can't be healed, so defend them at all costs!

Ok, you're conquering, playing, haveing fun and one time you realize that enemy team cheats. Your nodes have started to loose their health, and you can't attack enemy node but it's linked! wtf? And what mean this "Node <ID> isolated!"?

Here's an answer: as name says (not here, but in game :P), these are power nodes. They need an energy to live. And this is taken from your Power Core. So if there are nodes that are yours,  but they're not linked with your Power Core, which can happend if there are 2 ways on map (and there propably usually are more than 2) and enemy team have 2nd path, and just destroyed your node that is nearer your base than another, then those not linked are become isolated.
You can  spawn near isolated power node, but it will loose it's health (but you can heal it), and you can't attack enemy nodes linked to it.

Huh, i think that's all
Enjoy onslaught!

Commands:
- /spawn <nodeid> - will choose near which node you want to spawn. Node must be set up (can be isolated) an of must belong tou your team.
- /go <nodeid> - will move you to choosen node. It must be:
    *Set up (or isolated)
    *Not under attack
    *Belong to your team
You need to stand on one of your nodes, or near core in order to move.
Do /go 0 to back to your core
- /list - will show you full list of nodes on map, with addons
     *Shows if node is build, isolated or under construcion (or not build).
     *Shows if node can be attacked (by you for neutral and enemy nodes and by enemy for your nodes)
- /help - game overview, but in much shorter way.

Admin commands:
-/ago (Admin Go) - /go, but forced. do /ago 0 to go to your core, and /ago -1 to go to enemy core
bah, that's all for now

Script can be easily integrated with any ctf server, because it works only if:
- map name begins with ons_
- there is a ini file mapname.ini (for example /server/maps/ons_Tunnels.ini)
- there are no errors in ini file

Ah, and if someone of you will decide to host it, please post link to your server here.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:24:13 am by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: The Onslaught mode
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:24:17 am »
Could you post a description of how this game mode works?

Ty

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:10:38 am »
Link will redirect you to soldatcentral page, where you can find not only script, but files that include guides for players and map makers.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:49:22 am »
Could you post a description of how this game mode works?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:18:18 pm »
No, since it's not needed
- Andrew Lewis

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:09:43 pm »
I think it is needed. I don't feel like going to some other site and downloading files just to know some basic info about the script. :/
Even a very brief description would be helpful.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:24:24 pm »
No, since nobody gives a damn

fixed

But seriously, just posting some 'new gamemode' and not explaining what it actually is 'new' seems ridiculous, rude and arrogant. Makes me wonder why you're posting it here. Anyway have fun with your 'gamemode'.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:12:44 am »
I'll never  understand ppl. Yay, don't shout, just say that i'm not right.
Rules added to first post.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 05:52:11 am »
UT2k4 Onslaught?
Sweet.

Read the script, looks nice, but i couldnt understand how do you mark the nodes exactly.

Adding dummy bots in the team of the owned node or something else?
Also, nodes should be harder to kill, so i would recommend vesting them.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:33 am »
Yes, look@maps. Nodes are added inside this "buildings", in builder's team.

And not need to vest em. Node have health x10, Core x20. There are some problems with laws and m79 (only on windows servers i guess), so it's highly recommend to turn this 2 weapons off.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:20:47 am by FalconPL »
- Andrew Lewis

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 08:20:27 am »
Why not making them "if get killed by m79/law then respawn with -x% of their health"?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:20 am »
i will try to fix it in next version.
Or maybe it'll be fixed in 1.5.1?
- Andrew Lewis

Offline Acheron

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 02:17:45 am »
Or maybe you don't really know what you're going to do. You obviously didn't even want people to play your "Gamemode" in the first place, otherwise you would have attempted to make it sound appealing.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:30 am »
Or maybe you don't really know what you're going to do. You obviously didn't even want people to play your "Gamemode" in the first place, otherwise you would have attempted to make it sound appealing.

You donĀ“t know people.

Mod sounds interesting, I will join your server today to test it.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 08:25:54 am »
Acheron: What i know is that i've made a gamemode. Dunno if ppl will like it or not, and that's why i've posted it here, to check community opinion.
I didn't host it cause i don't have resources for this, but i'm still whining about adding it to BombSki's multimode server.

otherwise you would have attempted to make it sound appealing.
enlighten me how.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:33:14 am by FalconPL »
- Andrew Lewis