Author Topic: Vig's meconiums come alive! (oh damn)  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: Vig's meconiums come alive! (oh damn)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »
congratulations! that must have been though to do.
blueballs really seems to be a htf map
I'm looking forward to play them, but servers with custom maps are really rare here :(
I'll put some comments on the maps other day...
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:07:37 pm »
Horve has good taste in designs...

Thanks Blue for mapping these out!

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:20:55 pm »
Bravissimo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:38:21 pm by Horve »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:51:39 am »
Gobi: The most potential map here. The entrances in bases got a bit too tight. Seems pretty easy to defend with spas/spray from spawns to entrances. Also in case where both teams have flag, the game gets boring as the flag holding is easy. However the map is worth testing. In addition, fix the left alpha spawn, there's player colliding polygon on that fence scenery and player can't drop down.

Tengo: The first thought when saw this sketch, was just picking m79 and nadeboost myself to enemy flag and escape the bottom route. Nothing has changed after that, except that while I'm boosting, at some point I collide with invisible roof. 1-2 defenders and the rest  boosting attackers, I prefer Equinox.

Blueballs: Agreed with As de Espada, the map matches better for other gamemode than ctf. Would be interesting tdm/dm/htf map.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:38:14 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »
Gobi: There are several entrances into the base. Rather, the upper entrances in the middle are the tighter ones, while the ones on the bottom are easy to jet/drop into. I'll try opening them up a little anyway. Also, I will change those polygons where they are blocking one of the player spawns...guess I unintentionally changed it to ice.

Tengu: This is an unconventional map, but some servers don't even use grenades and M79s. Rather, keep in mind that there will always be certain maps for certain servers.

Blueballs: I agree about the gamemodes that should be suitable for this map's layout.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 02:54:26 pm »
I think you realise that I haven't levelled you with the ground because of the simple reason that you've done the maps ~exactly by my sketches. This is actually the issue with them, I never make sketches of maps turn out the way they are on paper, simply because I use a pen. It is not possible to make enough corrections on a sketch made in pen without creating a clusterfuck. Praiseworthy work on copy-pasting from .sketch into .pms, that's why you're in the safe. 8-)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 04:09:09 pm »
I couldn't find a way to disagree with any of your designs.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 05:31:08 pm »
I like Reach, seems balanced, although you've made the Bravo spawn easy to be camped by alpha, as long as you have a couple of nades, it's also just perfect for a saw'er to go in there and start wrecking havoc.
I suggest you switch the spawn positions, see what that does for overall gameplay.
b&