Author Topic: CTF - Crypt's Keepers  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
CTF - Crypt's Keepers
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:25:53 am »
C T F     -     C R Y P T ' S     K E E P E R S     ( v 1 . 7 8 )

I finally worked out some bugs, Fixed a few things I missed and packed the whole deal up. This map now has better
bot support.. (They'll cap as long as you keep em busy!) ..As well as both ANIMATED and NON animated versions of the
map. The bots could admittably be better but this is only my second map so far.. If anyone wants to troubleshoot it, The problem area in question is getting the bots to return from the
flag zones with their prize.

As usual, Details and suggestions are welcome. :D

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

TSMS DL LINK: http://tms.jrgp.org/2010/?download=1507

MY LINK: SKYDRIVE LINK

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:35:10 am by Dr.DR4IG »
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

DarkCrusade

Re: CTF - Crypt's Keepers
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:53:05 am »
Nice graphics! But I need to test the gameplay first before my final judge.

Keep maps like this one coming!

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:46 am »
WOW, this looks so amazing!  :o  I hope it's as good to play as it looks like. You forget to tell, is there waypoints  :P It looks SO lots of better than facing brinstar.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:14:43 am by Monsteri »
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:10 am »
this is soldat ?
no honestly that looks so fantastic
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:31:45 am »
Nice graphics! But I need to test the gameplay first before my final judge.

Keep maps like this one coming!

I pretty much been tinkering with game editors and mappers for years, But game theory is pretty much the same between games, Once you learn the tools and the game mechanics. X3 I welcome any suggestions to the flow or playability of the map.

this is soldat ?
no honestly that looks so fantastic

Believe it or not, I rushed a few of the graphic tiles just to see if the effect would work or not.. But thank you!

WOW, this looks so amazing!  :o  I hope it's as good to play as it looks like. You forget to tell, is there waypoints  :P It looks SO lots of better than facing brinstar.

Yeah, There's waypoints but I'm still having trouble in some places with the bots getting stuck or acting like idiots, But this IS only my second map so far.. X3 This one has em, Basic tho they be.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 01:08:49 pm »
Dude, I'm impressed. It ought to be best that you waypoint your own maps and learn what goes on behind that, but if ever you need help with something you just can't get handled, I'd be glad to patch it up for you. Should I be all domineering and establish my credibility or not...?

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »
Dude, I'm impressed. It ought to be best that you waypoint your own maps and learn what goes on behind that, but if ever you need help with something you just can't get handled, I'd be glad to patch it up for you. Should I be all domineering and establish my credibility or not...?

Thanks. I AM trying to waypoint, But it seems to be a tad more frustrating than it is to do in other games. Just when you think you've got the bots moving flawlessly, One gets themself stuck in a corner or such and you're stuck redoing an entire set of wypnts. XD

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 05:52:11 am »
I just played this, and first it was boring, but then I added ten bots to both sides, and something started to happen. No, this map started to rock! :D  Gif animating looks great, and it didn't make my FPS much lower. There is one polybug in start of the little midlle hill (bottom). In Bravo base, above underground, Sky will be seen through second floors floor, and too from highest floors floor.  It shows to us himself too through the bravo's laserstack. You have copied these buildings to Alpha side, and same things are there wrong too. You see these in polyworks, if you click out wireframe and zoom a way close. Waypoints are OK on earth, but under it bots are getting stuck. Keep a work on it, and this is coming to map of the year ;) .
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:30:43 am »
Leo, come on, add this map :D
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:48:31 pm »
One gets themself stuck in a corner

Yeah that is a bitch.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »
Holy jumping hotdogs from hell O_O
This...This is amazing.

P.S: Played it, and it's really well balanced, just tighten the middle of the lowest catacombs vertically.
b&

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:24 pm »
There is one polybug in start of the little midlle hill (bottom). In Bravo base, above underground, Sky will be seen through second floors floor, and too from highest floors floor.  It shows to us himself too through the bravo's laserstack. You have copied these buildings to Alpha side, and same things are there wrong too. You see these in polyworks, if you click out wireframe and zoom a way close.

If you mean the 'split' lines in some of the building/Tower walls, This is due to a graphics bug more than the game or alignment issues. Basically for some silly reason CS2/CS3 like to blur the edges of something cut via marquee. (Leaving a 1-pixel blur on the edges. :P) Trying to find a way to fix this as you can see, It leaves thin split lines here and there. :P I was having a similar problem with Facing BrinStar as well, As can be seen in some of the brickwork when you move the camera left or right.

As for the bots, They work okay though it seems the alpha team caps more and is more agressive than the beta team. I heard I can make one set of waypoints then copy-flip mirror them in PolyWorks, But not tried this yet.

Played it, and it's really well balanced, just tighten the middle of the lowest catacombs vertically.

I'm assuming you mean the 'x' with the two mounted guns in the catacombs though I'm trying to get what ou mean by tightening.. Do you mean like close the gap between the left & right middle rocks..?

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 03:06:35 am »
If you mean the 'split' lines in some of the building/Tower walls
Yeah, I ment that.
There is one polybug in start of the little midlle hill (bottom)
And this really is polybug, because when I ran towards of it, it BOOMED me far away. I'm speaking about the``X´´ hill in bottom of the map.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 03:21:48 pm »
There is one polybug in start of the little midlle hill (bottom). In Bravo base, above underground, Sky will be seen through second floors floor, and too from highest floors floor.  It shows to us himself too through the bravo's laserstack. You have copied these buildings to Alpha side, and same things are there wrong too. You see these in polyworks, if you click out wireframe and zoom a way close.

If you mean the 'split' lines in some of the building/Tower walls, This is due to a graphics bug more than the game or alignment issues. Basically for some silly reason CS2/CS3 like to blur the edges of something cut via marquee. (Leaving a 1-pixel blur on the edges. :P) Trying to find a way to fix this as you can see, It leaves thin split lines here and there. :P I was having a similar problem with Facing BrinStar as well, As can be seen in some of the brickwork when you move the camera left or right.

As for the bots, They work okay though it seems the alpha team caps more and is more agressive than the beta team. I heard I can make one set of waypoints then copy-flip mirror them in PolyWorks, But not tried this yet.

Played it, and it's really well balanced, just tighten the middle of the lowest catacombs vertically.

I'm assuming you mean the 'x' with the two mounted guns in the catacombs though I'm trying to get what ou mean by tightening.. Do you mean like close the gap between the left & right middle rocks..?

Nah, just decrease it's height.
b&

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 04:36:40 am »
Nah, just decrease it's height.

Already done. Also moved the STAT guns on the base roofs closer to their respective edges to make defending the base main entrance easier and cleaned up the bot routing to the best of my current ability. :P