Author Topic: CTF - The Facility  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
  • Polybugger off, I'm mapping! D:
CTF - The Facility
« on: October 17, 2010, 07:29:57 am »
C T F     T H E     F A C I L I T Y

I tend to release maps close to eachother, And in pairs. (Two 'versions' of each map style :P) And this one is the 'pair' to Asteroid, But widened out a bit with some balance changes taken into account. Bots now capture flawlessly, Though if a STAT gun is encountered, As usual the bot will sometimes forget
he's carrying the flag and decide to defend a bit. A grenade nearby usually fixes that..  ;D

I'm noticing now that animated .GIF ALWAYS seems to default to BLACK being the 'transparency' color, So the effect didn't come out how I wanted it, But it's still freaky-neat nontheless. Sort of a 'storm' effect in the back 'windows' now. :}

D O W N L O A D     L I N K S :

-TMS LINK-

-SKYDRIVE LINK-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
WARNING: This thread may contain nuts!

- LIST OF MY MAPS ON TMS -

DarkCrusade

Re: CTF - The Facility
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:34:26 am »
Great visuals, as always. Layout looks alright as well ;)

Keep them coming, mappers are what Soldat needs the most right now, next to a hard-working dev.

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:02 am »
Great visuals, as always. Layout looks alright as well ;)

Keep them coming, mappers are what Soldat needs the most right now, next to a hard-working dev.

I'd help with Dev if I could code worth crap, But most of my skills are in the mapping/Texture/Sound fields of gamedev for the most part. :P

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:06:38 pm »
So, you've fixed polybugs and waypointing problems?

...mappers are what Soldat needs the most right now

Eh? You sir haven't looked far enough back into history. I've gone and downloaded maps from Boxo, Kamakazi Duck, Wraithlike etc. recently... We've got lots of good and neglected maps sitting around. 'Course very few have cool scenery like this.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:08:30 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »
So, you've fixed polybugs and waypointing problems?

As far as I've encountered on the playthroughs, Yus, Although there was one I hit a couple times that was helpful as all heck. XD On the way back from Blue with the red flag, A couple times during my usual land-roll-run thing I went flying along the contours right into our flag, Just outside red base. I think I'll keep that one, TYVM.

We've got lots of good and neglected maps sitting around. 'Course very few have cool scenery like this.

I'd try my hand at reskinning an older map if I had the patience, Mind I really love Maya2 and am very, VERY tempted to mess with that one a bit..

Offline yomama 2

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:16:56 pm »
DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW I CAN DOWNLOAD MAPS
I GET 2 WINRAR AND ALL OF THEM R SELECTED MAPS TEXTURE AND SCENERY
I PICK THEM ALL AND I GO 2 MAPS FOLDER THEN DOUBLE CLICK IT AND PUT
THEM IN THAT MAPS FOLDER IS THAT RIGHT PLZ GIVE ME A TUTORIAL :o  :o

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:49 pm »
  • Download the file.
  • Now extract it with some file archiver like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
  • Now you should see these three folders:
    - Maps
    - Scenery-gfx
    - Textures
  • Now copy all the files in the "Maps"-folder and paste them to the "Maps"-folder in your Soldat-installation folder (usually something like "C:\Program Files\Soldat\Maps\").
  • Now copy all the files in the "Scenery-gfx"-folder and paste them to the "Scenery-gfx"-folder in your Soldat-installation folder (usually something like "C:\Program Files\Soldat\Scenery-gfx\").
  • Now copy all the files in the "Textures"-folder and paste them to the "Textures"-folder in your Soldat-installation folder (usually something like "C:\Program Files\Soldat\Textures\").
  • Now start the game and choose the map you want to play.
  • Now quit the game, come back to this forum-thread and apologize (not in capital letters) for not having searched on the forums.
  • Now shut down your computer, go outside into the park and shame on you.
  • Now remember to stay away from this forum for at least one week so I don't need to bang my head to the wall again because of your stupidity.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:25:39 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:05 pm »
Or you can just drag the Maps, Textures, and Scenery-gfx folders into your C:\Soldat (or wherever you installed it) and they'll merge.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dr.DR4IG

• Major
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »
Or you can just drag the Maps, Textures, and Scenery-gfx folders into your C:\Soldat (or wherever you installed it) and they'll merge.

That's why I set the archive up thusly. It's pretty much the standard for most moddable shooters. I could take the extra time and make a self-executable, Except most people don't seem to even know where their SOLDAT folder is to begin with.. <g>