Author Topic: Sub forum for new/old suggestions  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Sub forum for new/old suggestions
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:59:36 am »
I believe most of you will find this suggestion rather useless but I'll post it anyway.

Some might see the changes in the development as a new beginning of Soldat. This in mind I thought now is a great time to clean the suggestions up a bit.

There are currently 105 pages of old suggestions. Would anybody bother to read through all the outdated or otherwise useless suggestions? I wouldn't.

Archive the old suggestions, update (or even redo by asking the opinions of the new devs) the don't-suggest-list, add a topic rating system - make it fresh again!

(not the correct place to post this but I think it's relevant enough)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:01:32 am by Dusty »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Re: Sub forum for new/old suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:08:04 am »
Nah, i bet ppl will suggest exactly the same things as before.
The real problem is that nobody on this forums cares to delete useless topics. So there are dozens of duplicated / dumb topics in every board.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:55:08 pm »
Yep, thats it. And I think the developers-team knows what we actually want the most: fixing the bugs.
And also don't forget: v1.5.1 already has some nice new improvements/features (EnEsCe did a great job there) and I don't think that the dev-team will get rid of all of them.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:15 pm »
Since this deals with the forum itself and not the game it belongs in the Forum News and Support board, which is why I moved it here.

As for locking the current suggestions board and opening a new/fresh one, I don't really agree with it: I really hate seeing big forums where there's a giant forum locked with thousands of posts.

I definitely do agree with updating the Do Not Suggest List though.

As for a topic rating system, we had that for a little while years ago. I don't remember why it was removed or how well it did, so I'm rather indifferent on that matter.
There are other worlds than these