Author Topic: Lucid dreams / semi-nightmares ?  (Read 4827 times)

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
Re: Lucid dreams / semi-nightmares ?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 07:23:13 am »
Lucid dreams are natural, yes the dreamer can control his mind & and feel the body while dreaming.
That's why it's called a Lucid dream, ffs...

Everyone had(or will have) this dreaming state, including me D:

For some, it scares the hell out of them,
To others, it consumes more.

The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:47:04 am »
Today I had a strange dream. First, I knew I was dreaming, I could control myself and said "wake up", but did not work. I was a street, in the style of Latin America. There were some people going, so I went into a house and all I seemed to have a "mission". The house had three rooms, each with a connected computer. The front of the door had a cell phone under the bed. I played the damn phone and gave a high tone. It was the moment I got more scared, because I thought the homeowner would come. The bathroom was quite large, and there was a man bathing in the back, silently I left unconscious with a blow to the neck. Then he suddenly appeared lying. My "bosses" were explaining things to him, and although I was next, I felt as if he were myself.

IN FACT I could control myself in the dream, but it's like a game where you must do a mission given to it. Maybe it was the sense of control ...

So I thought I had woken up, and suddenly it seemed I was leaving for college, then I remembered that I owed 20 cents. So fast I realized that I left 50 cents on the table at home.

Then I thought, I'm awake. But I was in another dream. It was like "Soldat 3D" ... The ground felt like the texture of Arena. The guns had recoil absurd ...

When I woke, my foot touched the sheet and got a fright thinking it was a bug ...  >:(
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 10:29:54 am »
Lucid dreams are how you communicate with the devil.  :|

... :)

Not everyone will have lucid dreams, you certainly won't if you don't train yourself to realise you're dreaming. People who say they're not really lucid dreams or aren't 'real' are people who have never had them, I used to be very cynical of them until I tried and had one. Most people don't even know what lucid dreaming is.

You can fall out of lucidity or you can wake up. Waking directly up from a lucid dream is very strange indeed, because you are consciously awake you can feel yourself going from standing up in your dream to physically lying down on your bed, it feels like you're doing a barrel roll. When this happened to me everything went white, which was really my eyes opening and light overwhelming my retinas before I am even in an awake state and able to process electrical impulses from my eyes.

Most likely you began to wake from a lucid dream but fell back to sleep after which you had another dream. People who dream of monsters are usually people who believe in them.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Foxconn

• Major
  • Common sense abandoned me.
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 11:39:23 am »
My dream is very interesting.

I woke up in a slightly different house than the one where i live in real life...i looked at the walls and saw some wallpapers that contain guns, computers, women and game characters. I was wearing a darkgrey hat with that symbol, dirty dark blue jacket and gray-brown pants. I leaved my room and took a look at my "house". It was very well maintained and looked good as hell. I went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror. First impression: I was completely surprised. That hair? Those scars on my face? That hat? It means only one thing,

I AM FOXCONN.

In that "world" i had memories from my real life combined with memories from that world and believe me - I was intelligent as hell, i perfectly knew few languages (Polish, German, English, Finnish, Arabic) and was a member of a finnish organization called "HR" - Hakaristi - Iron Cross. Maybe the name could say something different than it did in my dream, but you have to believe me. I looked at the history of the gang and was shocked. Just look at this:

"We were the only hope of german people. Our chopper "RAH-66E Super Commanche" striked at the heart of "Das Vierte Reich". We destroyed s**tloads of nazi tanks and took down few choppers. When we cleared out the way for our members and remains of soldiers from democratic germany and United States, we entered the building and assassinated the guy that killed Angela Merkel, the former chancellor of germany. After doing so, "Das Vierte Reich" ceased to exist and its remains have been sentenced to annuity and death. We officialy have won World War 3.

Yrjo Rauvola."

I had a flashback. I was a sniper armed with a Barrett 98B. I took down few guards and soldiers, and Yrjo with his men were moving forward. I was just supporting them when they started a siege. I heard a bell and opened the door. Few HR guys told me to "JUKOSE POIS!! LÖYTÄÄ ASE JA TAISTELLA NÄMÄ IDIOOTIT!!" (Run away! Get a weapon and fight with these idiots!) - I did exactly that what they said. Looks like "Das Vierte Reich" didnt ceased to exist after our siege. What? ITS NOT DAS VIERTE REICH! Whatever, i picked Colt 1911 and took few terrorists down before they striked at my...well, let's say - "Fortress". I just went outside and discovered that the place where i live is a one huge fortress that is placed somewhere in Munich. We fought bravely, but enemy was not giving up and brought tanks. I missed a nice party. I heard that Al-Qaeda started to invade Europa. They already raped the new democratic Germany and Russia. US Troops went to help us, but the biggest help just arrived. THERE HE IS - Sonsukka. Yellowhead + Hard russian bulletproof vest and a buttf**ker - MUSTA KUOLEMA with huge anti-tank rounds = Rampage. The minigun was extremely loud and was spinning like Bugatti Veyron's tire at full load. You dont know that feeling. I felt like i am a close friend of a pure muthaf**ka. Many of us died, but it was just a beginning. - EI!!! ENEMMÄN HELIKOPTERIEN LENTÄÄ!! TULOSSA ENEMMÄN PANSSARIVAUNUJA!! - It means very, i say very, VERY bad news for us. I think that the whole Al-Qaeda tries to strike at us with full force. But where is Bin Laden that throws planes at us? Complete lack of style.

We used everything to defend the tower, but unfortunately Al-Qaeda entered it. Our only hope was an underground metro. Some remains of our soldiers entered it, when the situation was REALLY, REALLY insane. The metro was leaving the fortress and the only thing that we heared later was a huge bang. I remember that the guys who entered the metro are:

- Antero Rajamäki (FIN)
- Urho Yli-Hannuksela (FIN)
- Zoey Artyom (GBR) - It's probably our finest female soldier.
- SonSukka (FIN)
- Anssi Pekkarinen (FIN)
- Scott Calvin (USA)
- Martin Schmidt (GER)
- Johannes Madetoja (FIN)
- Bo Lahtela (FIN)
- Pablo Cucciao Rosa de Medeiros (BRA) - Yes, he is from Brasil.
- Grzegorz Michniewicz (PL)
- Oskari Niva (FIN)

We felt asleep after 30 minutes. We have been awakened by few US soldiers and Barack Obama. He definitely needed us.

Later i don't remember, but here is the end - Al-Qaeda is dead.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:22:49 am by Foxconn »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 02:05:20 pm »
Dreams suck. It should be a goal of everyone's in life to stop dreaming.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 02:58:34 pm »
Dreams suck. It should be a goal of everyone's in life to stop dreaming.

Not dreaming that's easy drink cola and go late 2 sleep and you cant dream there is no way i knew it   :-\
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »
Dreams do suck.
Whenever I dream of having achieved my hopes of learning every single language ever spoken on earth, I realize that my life's goal was actually an offside.
b&

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 04:40:25 am »
I just woke up from a lucid dream. I don't know what triggered it, but I was awake for 36 hours souped up on caffeine the entire day before heading to bed.

It's the second time in my life I've had one, and I think the'yre awesome. I just suddenly was in my grandma's house, and I could spawn object and do whatever I wanted. Then inside the dream, I remembered it's not good to stay lucid for very long so I tried to wake up. I thought I had managed that, but I had just slipped out of lucidity into normal dream state :)

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 05:10:02 am »
<story>

You sure that wasn't real-life? (lol)
You should make a movie with that story  ;D

And for guys who say that dreams suck, they don't really; especially those lucid ones. Imagine you're a painter or a car designer or even a game designer, and you enter a lucid dream and you just sit there and say "I want in this next room that I enter to see a new paint (or car, or game idea etc etc.)". I've heard cases in which people were being helped pretty much by ideas produced by their brains unconsciously.

...and even normal dreams can open gates to new ideas. I once had a brilliant game idea from a dream, but I forgot it ._.

Oh, and if you say that you can't dream during your sleep, you're very wrong. We dream every time we sleep, but making you think you didn't dream anything after you wake up is just related by the fact that you forget all about it. There was a technique that involved keeping yourself laying in bed right after you're wake and for some seconds try to think about what you have dreamed, so you won't forget anything.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 08:56:56 am »
What? Why isn't good to stay lucid for very long? It's cool! :P
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 11:07:11 am »
I have one or two LDs every month, though I haven't done any "excercise" to make them happen. Maybe I'm blessed or something like that. They're fun, especially the very moment you realize you can do whatever you want. Sometimes my "power" is limited, and I can't spawn objects at will, but can do other things, like fly around and use telekinesis.

By the way, have you ever tried to run in your dream? It used to be hard for me (it felt like running underwater), but a few months ago I started to run by making a few steps to gain speed, jumping and then flying one feet above the ground (legs still in position to run, but not moving). Feels weird, but somehow people around me don't notice it.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 11:34:50 am »
By the way, have you ever tried to run in your dream? It used to be hard for me (it felt like running underwater), but a few months ago I started to run by making a few steps to gain speed, jumping and then flying one feet above the ground (legs still in position to run, but not moving). Feels weird, but somehow people around me don't notice it.

Haha, I did try to run in a dream and it did feel like running underwater. Maybe it's because when we try to run in the dream our legs actually move in RL in our beds so our bed sheets stopping them is maybe the thing that gives us that watery sensation in the dream.

If you did run in your dream , maybe you were uncovered or something :D
jk.
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 02:13:04 pm »
When i fought my doppelganger one dream, i felt like i was fighting underwater :P good to know it's not only me
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream have fun.

Last dream I had, I was on a steam powered traind with Lady Gaga, eating white chocolate coated Oreos. Then I was at a convention, everyone had left, and some dude and Lady Gaga come over and give me 4 tickets to her next concert.

I dont really listen to Lady Gaga, have never been to a conver, but I have been on a Steam train and eaten those oreos.....What the hell does that mean.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:01 pm »
I dont really listen to Lady Gaga, have never been to a conver, but I have been on a Steam train and eaten those oreos.....What the hell does that mean.

It means that you now have become lady gaga's no.1 fan.

btw you want me to send you a nice pic of an oreos biscuit that will make you stop eating them? :D

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »

It means that you now have become lady gaga's no.1 fan.

btw you want me to send you a nice pic of an oreos biscuit that will make you stop eating them? :D
No, never ever ever ever EVER! I love Oreos.

Might start listening to more of her. Its a sign :O

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 02:58:02 pm »
oreos xD maybe its somthing deeper like....
oreos+lady gaga=oreos make dumb  ;D
just kidding dreams must not mean anything... like in 99% of them
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:34 pm »
just kidding dreams must not mean anything... like in 99% of them

I bet you my knife his dream was in that 1% bit

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »
I can control my dreams, I can make all the others to do as I say, and I usually plan the dream inside the dream, and while I'm dreaming, I can hear and understand the other world, I hear big bro going to school, and such. Is that a lucid-dream or what is it?
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 04:36:43 pm »
I can control my dreams, I can make all the others to do as I say, and I usually plan the dream inside the dream, and while I'm dreaming, I can hear and understand the other world, I hear big bro going to school, and such. Is that a lucid-dream or what is it?

I don't know what to say really...As long as you realize that you're in a dream while you're dreaming I guess it's alright. And the noises from outside thing is common to me as well. I always hear, before I wake up, my parents screaming at me to wake up in the morning to go to school though I don't hear anything anymore when I do wake up..and then they tell me that they yelled at me 12039 times before I got up and I'm like yah sure... ::)

btw is this the official thread of "dreams you've dreamed last night?"  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:39:06 pm by Mexer »