Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 2184 times)

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
Advertising
« on: October 01, 2011, 01:58:45 pm »
Hello, Soldat World.

It's great to have an active developer team. In my opinion, though, we need a second team taking care of advertising soldat. New soldat versions won't bring new players, if they aren't made public. Not necessarily financial advertising (magazines, etc.) - also advertises in other forums, news pages,...
Soldat players themselves can try getting their friends to this game. People played this game 9 years ago, why wouldn't they do now? Games with better graphics have always been there. Tell them about soldat.

What I've been thinking about as well is our number of empty servers. That look will rather dissappoint a potential player. Why not shut totally unpopular servers down? (as long as a gamemode doesn't die through it). Or would this lead to declining player numbers?

Maybe some guys in the dev team less active in scripting could take care of this. At least post your opinion, please.

And - come on, don't tell me the stuff about soldat dieing anyway again. If the effort is made developing it, then this is the next step in the line.

Offline |*|`BONES

• Major(1)
Re: Advertising
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
i agree with you buddy we at elitectf.com where thinking of this as well... we are facing a really big problem here guys soldat needs new players but in order to get this we need some advertizing for the game in other game forums orclickable link banners towards soldat

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:32 pm »
We must not forget about those who are still playing on 1.5 and waiting for the hotfix to be released so they can play 1.6

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:13:30 pm »
It's an important topic cause Soldat needs some better promo campaign... At this moment hotfix have to be realesed, than some video editor will have to make some amaizing trailer... Then, people have to see that video... And that's all! One good video will make anyone interested...

But yes... After unbugging Soldat, dev team should care about game graphics those are really old...

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:24:01 pm »
yeah just make some badass video that makes soldat look better than it actually is, represent it as if its newer and not 20 years old, and that will attract people.

post is on some gaming forums and put it on a couple gaming sites... advertise kinda just like they did for MMs new game.

Shoozza, you could advertise 50% off registrations or something for a month inside the video, put the video on Soldat.pl, use the money from registrations to finance putting the game on more popular gaming sites. I'd buy one for 50% off.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:52:46 pm »
The one of most "scary" things for new players in soldat is that you have to actually pay to play this game in a high resolution. That's just wrong. It's high-res that should be unlocked for non-registered palyers, not a minimap or all the other crap. Imho even if we manage to advertise the game somehow, 64...639x480 will scare half of newcomers
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 12:39:26 am »
pretty sure you can use 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 for free...

Just change the default settings to windowed with 100% resize and maybe some auto detect for aspect ratio.

Offline tk

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:03:01 am »
But still, the resolution is very low, which makes it look horrible on bigger screens. And it may scare away some new potential player, when he sees a big, stretched shit on his 26" screen (talking about console, interface elements, etc).
Let starts, colored flames, music in game, minimaps and other stuff be for registered players. But not such basic and important thing as resolution! Maybe sound in game should be for registered only too?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:12:03 am by tk »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 06:48:23 am »
OP/TheOne is correct; Soldat does need real IRL advertising.

The problem is the same one he's stating, where's the advertising team? MM can't afford it and probably neither can the new devteam.

We must not forget about those who are still playing on 1.5 and waiting for the hotfix to be released so they can play 1.6

I didn't know anyone really used the hotfixes because they always felt buggy as hell.
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:22 am »
1.6 was released with minor bugs, the hotfix will make it 'complete'

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 08:33:06 am »
About video... It doesn't have to be so long like SV's video... 30-45 seconds will be fine if it's fast and full of epic kills and sprees...

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
OP/TheOne is correct; Soldat does need real IRL advertising.

The problem is the same one he's stating, where's the advertising team? MM can't afford it and probably neither can the new devteam.

I'll do it for free Soldat regs. I like the idea of posting Soldat in gaming forums. Could start there...
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 02:27:33 pm »
I'll do it for free Soldat regs. I like the idea of posting Soldat in gaming forums. Could start there...
Emm, spamming of forums isn't so needed like some good editor that would make for us some video trailer...

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 04:43:23 pm »
Emm, spamming of forums isn't so needed like some good editor that would make for us some video trailer...

It wouldn't spam. And there are a few good (yet old) Soldat videos already out there. Besides, the videos need to be posted somewhere for people to see them.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:41 pm »
http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=34073.0

theres a nice idea.. might want to check it up