Author Topic: CTF Coldfeet  (Read 1736 times)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
CTF Coldfeet
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:36:39 am »
New map I am working on uses bouncy polys and and only flagger colliders

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: CTF Coldfeet
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:21:18 pm »
Weird. I cannot open picture in Mozilla. Anyway, I downloaded.

Okay,  the map looks fine, but (dunno why) it reminds me ctf_Campache (sorry, don't remember the name). But those bouncies and no bridges in contrast to Campache should make there more fun! :D I'm going to enjoy this map a lot! Mostly that lower hall. Thousands of bullets will be sprayed right there :P

Good job, zakath!

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:03:45 pm »
seems good. the nadeboost of the spawns are really neat! the "floating" flags are nice, but I got stuck there some times, annoying. If you make those islands wider, player will get a little boost if coming from below.

some icicles could be OBC :P

the lower icicles in the middle are blocking the path, make them a little higher or the angle of the central lower jump smaller.
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:53:21 am »
That mirrored texture...it looks like there's a face in the middle of the low route

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:59:15 am »
seems good. the nadeboost of the spawns are really neat! the "floating" flags are nice, but I got stuck there some times, annoying. If you make those islands wider, player will get a little boost if coming from below.

some icicles could be OBC :P

the lower icicles in the middle are blocking the path, make them a little higher or the angle of the central lower jump smaller.

Yeah its an unfortunate side effect getting stuck in the flagger collide island. I imagine most of the time the players will just shoot down the flag though.

That mirrored texture...it looks like there's a face in the middle of the low route
hehe maybe its mainly because I put it together so fast so that I didnt bother to unmirror the texture.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic