Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-06-10) Bugs, sparks, flooding, and refactoring  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Hello everyone! Time for me to write the logs again, so I can at least say I did something this week...

Here's some stuff that has been done by others, that might spark some interest:
  • skoskav fixed some of the effects/sparks to spread out more evenly (random?) instead of just going in a boring line. This might make stuff look cooler!
  • He also fixed that annoying bug where the crosshair would be a bit out of position when you are binked.
  • He even fixed a bug causing you to get self bink after reloading your weapon.
  • Other stuff he did was fixing some of the idle animation stuff as well as a server flooding bug.
  • Falcon fixed bug #227, which was making the console parameter for which port to use not work in some cases.
  • He also did some stuff to the script core; he added flame god to GiveBonus, and also added the FormatFloat function.

There was also the usual refactoring. Shoozza fixed loads of overflow and range check errors and Falcon fixed some uninitialized variables. We can now also compile Soldat server on Lazarus/FPC. :)

I might also fix some annoying bugs next week...

EDIT: Apparently the effects/sparks being spread should actually be the bullets. So that would mean no more 33% hit chance for Barrett when binked. This will obviously be compensated with an adjustment to the weapon mod.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:15:49 am by Fryer »
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Devlog update (2012-06-10) Bugs, sparks, flooding, and refactoring
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »
Now that's what I'm talking about guys! Great work on the bugfixes and still remembering the important thing which is optimization of the code. Looking forward for the next devlog:)

He also did some stuff to the script core; he added flame god to GiveBonus, and also added the FormatFloat function.
Great news the scriptcore is becoming something better and I hope this trend will keep going in that direction. Adding few things wont harm anyone now, would it?:P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:01:26 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »
Nice one guys!

This makes me waiting for Soldat 2.0 even so much more painful and looking forward ;)

Keep it up!

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »
Good job, I hope you are as happy as I am :D
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 09:59:45 pm »
EDIT: Apparently the effects/sparks being spread should actually be the bullets. So that would mean no more 33% hit chance for Barrett when binked. This will obviously be compensated with an adjustment to the weapon mod.
Dear god, I can't believe this has finally happened! I'd almost lost hope that it would be fixed anytime soon. D: Great job y'all. Can't wait for the next version.

By the way, you said Soldat can be compiled on Lazarus/FPC - do you mean the actual game, or just some part of it?

13th_account

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:19 am »
By the way, you said Soldat can be compiled on Lazarus/FPC - do you mean the actual game, or just some part of it?

Just the server for now. Not sure when the other components (config, mod starter, interface maker, soldat client, installer(?)) will be able to build with it. So I'm sticking with my 10 year old IDE until Falcon and Shoozza fix them too. =)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:32:29 am by 13th_account »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 07:16:28 am »
Just the server for now. Not sure when the other components (config, mod starter, interface maker, soldat client, installer(?)) will be able to build with it. So I'm sticking with my 10 year old IDE until Falcon and Shoozza fix them too. =)

What IDE is that? I don't think the version of Delphi we use is that old.
There are other worlds than these

13th_account

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:35:49 am »
Borland Delphi 7, from 2002. So it's about as old as SARS.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 05:05:32 pm »
Borland Delphi 7, from 2002. So it's about as old as SARS.

Oh wow, I thought it was from 2006 or something. Ah, yeah, 10 years old is a pretty good way to describe it then.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:43 am »
Nice to see some good rush ihn Soldat's creation. Good job, devs!

Btw. Was inactive for a while (school, WoW). When did 13th_account became a Soldat developer?

13th_account

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:18 am »
In February.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »
In February.
Missed that quite... Maybe cause winter break. Anyway, welcome in squad and be active :)

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:59:22 pm »
[...] and be active :)

whatever...

Nice fixes Fryer, me gusta'd! :)