Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-08-13) Cleanup, Betaversions in next few weeks  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Hello everyone!

I guess we forgot to post a Devlog last week. The main reason for this is that there is not really much to write about.
We are mostly idle.

So what happened the last two weeks?

As you might remember Falcon did some scriptcore changes two weeks ago which worked on Lazarus but not on Delphi. So we had a broken server build for some time. As most of us still only use Delphi it wasn't really optimal.

Falcon did some fixes for Delphi and I tried them on Delphi and made everything work again, cleaned up some code and that was it basically.

I have to do other stuff in the meantime so I'm not sure how much stuff will happen. But I guess I'll just have to push myself a little bit and do more.

There are plans to make a beta version so that server owners can try the Lazarus build server as Falcon thinks there are a few bugs to find.
So the beta team can expect some test versions soon. Not sure if next week already it really depends now active we will be.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Devlog update (2012-08-13) Cleanup, Betaversions in next few weeks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »
As I said earlier - I'm ready to host some servers.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »
Oh, PlaySound got added at last, nice. Do you think you guys can add Weapon:byte to OnPlayerDamage and DrawText IDs before the next release?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:38:14 am »
I'll see what can be done about that

EDIT:

What comes to OnPlayerDamage: I just forgot to mention it, it's already there as last parameter, Weapon: byte.
Added DrawTextEx function that takes additional layer number parameter. full declaration:
procedure DrawTextEx(ID, Num: Byte; Text: string; Delay: Integer; Colour: LongInt; Scale: Single; X, Y: Integer);
Layer number should be from 1 to 3. If it's too less for you then let me know, I don't mind rising the limit unless Shoozza does.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:22:28 pm by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:55:19 am »
Glad to know they're in there. Sounds like next script core will have the aesthetic functionality that I wanted. Between DrawTextEx, PlaySound and even all that other stuff you can colour me satisfied for now. If you can get the TextID thing(different kinds of text) back in it would be handy but it's not something I need urgently.
If it's too less for you then let me know, I don't mind rising the limit unless Shoozza does.
5 at least, 15-20 would be good though(for colouring specific elements). In one topic I believe Shoozza said he wouldn't mind if there was 50, but I think that's a bit over the top.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:02:39 am by Tehbugerz0r »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:47:55 am »
255 should be sufficient i guess
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »
Anything is fine as long as it doesn't kuf with the stability, but nobody needs more than 50.