Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-09-10) Cleanup and Cleanup  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Devlog update (2012-09-10) Cleanup and Cleanup
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »
Hello community!

I noticed that it was Sunday Night and I didn't really committed stuff for Soldat so instead of posting right away I did some code cleanup ;)
Zakath also did some code cleanup and Falcon worked on the scripcore leaving some "accidental" Delphi compile errors for me to fix (yeah happens like each week now :P).

Besides that I tried to replace all special libraries Soldat uses for GUI stuff with default ones in order to compile Soldat with Lazarus. But as our old version of Delphi needs these units for Unicode support it didn't work out. I could compile and run it but got error popups and playing wasn't possible...
I think it's better to separate the GUI from the game, redo the GUI and port the game to Lazarus that way.
But that will take a while and I don't plan to do it for the next release.

I wanted to work on the Updater for Soldat but then I looked into the code formatter in Lazarus. It actually comes close to what I want for Soldat after changing some settings.
I'm not sure if it will work for Soldat though as it crashed last time I tried it.

I also noticed that running Soldat in the Delphi debugger can be problematic. Especially if you trigger the high CPU load bug which seems to happens when you leave and join an offline game with a certain timing. I didn't test it much but it seems like you need to be dead while leave the game. If you know more about this let me know.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline themangokid2

• Major(1)
Re: Devlog update (2012-09-10) Cleanup and Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:52:54 pm »
<33 loove <33 clean up, have nothing to add just that you are doing a good job!!

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:58 am »
Especially if you trigger the high CPU load bug which seems to happens when you leave and join an offline game with a certain timing.
Can you please link to the bug tracker when you refer to specific current bugs? #160 is this the one you're refering to?

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:45:51 am »
It's nice to see that there is some developing. Keep the good work, you are making soldat better :)
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:55 am »
Especially if you trigger the high CPU load bug which seems to happens when you leave and join an offline game with a certain timing.
Can you please link to the bug tracker when you refer to specific current bugs? #160 is this the one you're refering to?
Yes that is the one I was referring to. I totally forgot that I added it to the bugtracker.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod