Author Topic: Rambomatch: Notify of Rambo's Death  (Read 27756 times)

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
Rambomatch: Notify of Rambo's Death
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:25:30 pm »
Simply, when whoever has the Rambo Bow is killed, there is some kind of notification that he was killed (example, in the death console, the Rambo's name could have some kind of thing next to it, like a star or something).

I say this as every now-and-then the Rambo server from GameArena has a decent amount of people in it, and I love Rambomatch, but hate it when you don't know that the Rambo Bow has actually been dropped.

And yes, I know this may not be liked by some, but I may as well get your opinions.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Re: Rambomatch: Notify of Rambo's Death
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 11:45:50 pm »
yeah i like rambo but rarely play it because i only go to populated servers. seems like great idea though

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:29:46 am »
yes, the idea is def. good, you just need to get people together who actually play rambo ( i'm not baggin on it) to lobby this idea.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:38 am »
This is a good suggestion. But I'm not sure it is really needed.
Now wether MM is for it or not...
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline jap_man

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 07:33:48 am »
It's a good idea, but there should be more infomation about who has the rambo bow during a rambo match.

For example when you press F1, it would be awesome if there was a yellow flag next to the player who has the rambo bow. And this feature shouldn't limit itself to just rambomatches, it should go into CTF, so you know who the flag bearer is if there has been a long lapse of time since the last "capture" of the flag.

Also the notification of the death of the rambo should be bigger, like maybe a bow  in the corner of the screen, next to your scores that appears when the rambo bow is loose. A similar sort of system should be added into CTF aswell.

I love hardcore boys its too good to be true
One on one or the whole damn crew

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 08:06:44 am »
Why don't  we just make his death more noticible in the kill console? You know, when he dies, have his usual name in red, but make it flash or something.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 08:36:33 am »
I play rambo alot and really agree on having a notification on rambo's death.
There are other worlds than these

Offline RabidTreeFrog

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:30:38 am »
Great idea. Even though I don't play Rambomatch much...
not around

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 11:35:57 am »
But that's part of the skillz ye know...  Figuring out when rambo died really isn't that hard...  You see a lot of kills by a dude with a bow in the console so you look for when that same person's name is in red...  Adding this is just for them lazy people and takes some skill away...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 12:10:40 pm »
I'm leaning more towards zyxstand here. Rather, I think a Rambo Bow graphic should appear next to Rambo in the F1 Kill List when appropriate.

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 12:14:51 pm »
This is a good idea, however I must agree with zyx and Keron, its part of the skill to know who is rambo and know when he is dead.. So if implanted atleast make it an option, just a little Set_unf=1 in the soldat.ini :)
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 01:34:34 pm »
maybe it should be combined with the team kill notify :)

and add a pointflag carrier kill :)

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 02:41:17 pm »
What about having some sort of icon for who has the bow or yellow flag in the scores screen (F1) where the death dot would be? That way people can tell who's got what without bringing up the chat history.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Field Marshal

• Soldier
  • Generalfeldmarschall
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:02 pm »
Some kind of notification would be nice yes, I support it

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:46:38 pm »
Yeah, this is a good idea. It is quite annoying when you don't know what's going on.

I also think that you should automatically get the bow when you kill the rambo, or at least not have to drop your weapon first. This would allow for more people to play in a rambomatch, because currently with too many people you just hold the bow for two seconds then you die. Yeah.

Btw, does any admin actually care about all these great ideas?

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 03:07:00 am »
Btw, does any admin actually care about all these great ideas?

Yes. If an idea is popular, it will almost definitely be considered for the game - even if Michal doesn't read the topic, a forum member will usually draw his attention to the important ideas during beta testing.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 04:26:01 pm »
It's a good idea, but there should be more infomation about who has the rambo bow during a rambo match.

For example when you press F1, it would be awesome if there was a yellow flag next to the player who has the rambo bow. And this feature shouldn't limit itself to just rambomatches, it should go into CTF, so you know who the flag bearer is if there has been a long lapse of time since the last "capture" of the flag.

Also the notification of the death of the rambo should be bigger, like maybe a bow  in the corner of the screen, next to your scores that appears when the rambo bow is loose. A similar sort of system should be added into CTF aswell.

Now this idea sounds mad!! F12 to the topic and his idea!!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Rreaper

• Major(1)
  • In-game ID: Reaper
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 11:46:29 pm »
Simply, when whoever has the Rambo Bow is killed, there is some kind of notification that he was killed (example, in the death console, the Rambo's name could have some kind of thing next to it, like a star or something).

I say this as every now-and-then the Rambo server from GameArena has a decent amount of people in it, and I love Rambomatch, but hate it when you don't know that the Rambo Bow has actually been dropped.

And yes, I know this may not be liked by some, but I may as well get your opinions.
signed
only a noob would do this [socom] [retard]

http://m00.enesce.com/ go to it and support m00`or M79 rounds fall on your house >:D

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 03:39:18 am »
I have played rambomatch for over 2 years. I think it might work out...but the fast pace of RM is an issue here. Sometimes it happens that in few seconds rambo changes multiple times and adding additional spam wouldn't be welcome. :D
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 08:32:13 am »
I bet this is scriptable. I'll give it a try later.