Author Topic: The FINAL solution against tkers...  (Read 2275 times)

Offline staskesi

• Major(1)
The FINAL solution against tkers...
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:45:05 am »
Ok, im saying this because in a game, when you tk someone, the respawn time is higer for the next round. here is an example.

normal respawn time: 10 sec

if u tk someone, Your respawn time is 55 sec, and the next respawn goes again to 10 sec.

and if u tk 2 ppl, your respawn time is 10 + 45 + 45. 45 each team kill

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
Re: The FINAL solution against tkers...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:45:46 am »
Or..We could just use the lastest dedicated server..
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:05:06 am »
45 seconds is simply too much. What if someone jumps in between of your knife throw?

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline staskesi

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:11:39 am »
the lastest dedicated server is not enough, there are a lot of tkers. and you dont use to commit a tk without purpose so i think 45" is good

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:24 am »
I don't see why its good good enough if you want make 1 tk a kick

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:53:05 am »
you dont use to commit a tk without purpose so i think 45" is good
What good will 45 inches do us? I'm sorry, but this is just a terrible idea.

My idea:
Maybe we should just have a court session in soldat whenever there's a TK, given that the victim calls it. The game temporarily freezes, and thee players are teleported into a courtroom, where they have no weapons, and the names are hidden (except for victim and offender). Victim says what he has to, and so does the offender. Both may call witnesses. If offender is proven guilty, his weapons' bullet speed is third'd for $round_time_limit. If victim looses trial, hisbullets get 75% speed for $round_time_limit.  This means the penalty will go into the next round.

Server will log court cases with the following formula:
On $DATE_WORDS at $TIME, $VICTIM_NAME, social security number $VICTIM_IP, filed a lawsuit against $OFFENDER_NAME ($OFFENDER_IP) for aggresive teamkill of the first degree. The jury ruled in favour of $WINNAR_NAME by {script if $WINNAR == $VICTIM {($VICTIM_VOTES/$JURY_COUNT)*100} if $WINNAR == $OFFENDER {($OFFENDER_VOTES/$JURY_COUNT)*100}}%. $LOOZAR_NAME is yet to recieve further charges, but for now has been added to the warning list. He currently has {script $MAX_LOOZAR_TIMES-check($LOOZAR_IP,lost_lawsuits)} lost lawsuit(s) left. {script if $MAX_LOOZAR_TIMES-check($LOOZAR_IP,lost_lawsuits) == 0 say "$LOOZAR_NAME, $LOOZAR_IP has reached the max lawbreak limits for this set period of time and was banned for $LAWSUIT_BAN_AMOUNT days."}

An example of the formula in action:
On August 25 of 2006, at 16:48, Paramud, social security number 123.456.789.666, filed a lawsuit against Mistercharles (1.337.357.3V4) for aggresive teamkill of the first degree. The jury ruled in favour of Paramud by 92.67%. Mistercharles is yet to recieve further charges, but for now has been added to the warning list. He currently has 0 lawsuit(s) left. Mistercharles, 1.337.357.3V4 has reached the max lawbreak limits for this set period of time and was banned for 14 days.

DO U LIEK IT?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!/////
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 12:16:36 pm »
I l00vveee it

Offline Blah

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 12:21:02 pm »
Mistercharles:  That was a totally useless post.  And the " can mean "seconds" as well as "inches" and obviously he is talking about seconds.

Back on topic, this idea seems fine to me, but the penalty could probably be a little less, maybe 10-20 seconds on top of normal respawn would probably disuade anyone from  teamkilling while at the same time allowing for mistakes.  However, it seems that the current system in some servers, where such and such many tks and you are auto-kicked is probably a better idea.  However, I would suggest, that like some other games, add the ability for the one who has been tked to forgive the tker.  (If they know that it's their fault for running in front and getting smacked with a knife, for example.)  So that that tk would not count towards the total. I know that I've been in servers where you get auto-kicked before and had like 2 out of the 4 tks required for kicking  just  from people running in front of me and other accidental killings.

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 04:49:48 pm »
Ok, im saying this because in a game, when you tk someone, the respawn time is higer for the next round. here is an example.

normal respawn time: 10 sec

if u tk someone, Your respawn time is 55 sec, and the next respawn goes again to 10 sec.

and if u tk 2 ppl, your respawn time is 10 + 45 + 45. 45 each team kill

What about about survival servers?!?!?!

I think the new dedicated server is really a good solution to tkers.

This should be moved to that soldat improvement area >.>
I'm away.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 07:33:15 pm »
Uhh..Poeple have said this before but you will have to deal with it unless the admin purposly puts tk on TK is put in the game to see if you can be a GOOD team member and not kill your team mates it builds up trust.If you go blasting everyone and i meen your team mates sky high they wont trust you.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:27 pm »
Thats a good idea Mistercharles, bring it on up!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:58 pm »
turn ff off. no more teamkillings
@ii

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 12:57:50 am »
Here's an idea. Give a player who was teamkilled a little votish box.
F11 - Forgive teamkill
F12 - (punishments go here)

I suggest perhaps adding a few seconds to the players respawn time, force spectator mode, or /kill them.

Offline staskesi

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 01:57:04 pm »
Maybe we should just have a court session in soldat whenever there's a TK, given that the victim calls it. The game temporarily freezes, and thee players are teleported into a courtroom, where they have no weapons,
yes and then they go with helicopter  to miami, the police comes and checks if its a real tker of if it wasnt on purpose, if it's on purpose... BAH! DONT SAY STUPID THINGS!!!

in a lot of games the way to stop tkers is the respawn time: AND IT WORKS

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 02:27:26 pm »
Did you ever stop to think about the accidental TKs? I've had one to many people step in front of my LAW shots to support any type of built-in TK punishment.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:06:26 pm by SadistAtHeart »

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 06:29:24 pm »
45 seconds is simply too much. What if someone jumps in between of your knife throw?

thats a good point, but the TKer should be given an option, like F11 to forgive, or F12 to make em wait 45 seconds.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006, 11:25:17 am »
Here's an idea. Give a player who was teamkilled a little votish box.
F11 - Forgive teamkill
F12 - (punishments go here)

I suggest perhaps adding a few seconds to the players respawn time, force spectator mode, or /kill them.

That's the most practical and logical solution.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 01:00:18 pm »
Either that or just take one or two points from their score, like they do on Red Orchestra. Although that won't really work for people who don't care about their score, and will piss-off people who done accidental TKs and do care about their score. Just an idea though..

Date Posted: August 27, 2006, 06:50:59 PM
I prefer the punishments idea more, although it might get abused by those people that just can't accept that they just should not have stepped on your nade etc

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:07 am »
Turning off FF is the best solution.

Reasoning follows:

1) Accidental teamkills. People back all the way to your face, stand in way, jump in nades... and the list goes on

2) Abusing. As SDFilm said punishment would be abused a lot. Even on Leos realistic where FF is on people STILL want you to tk them to simply ban you for the 15 mins.

3) It will not solve the teamkillls on realistic. People can still nade you, force you to enemy shots, make you unable to shoot and so on.

4) I liked the courtroom idea. Perhaps a comedic extra?