Author Topic: Flares (for R/S)  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Flares (for R/S)
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:20:52 pm »
A gun that shoots a high-velocity, low impact bullet (it goes fast but does not damage) that makes players that you wouldn't normaly be able to see (e.g. in realistic when they're out of your LOS) visible. Plus if it hits them dead on, it sticks to them for a limited time (15 seconds maybe) and reveals 'em on the map no matter where they are.

And before you shoot this down, it's for R/S, not for normal play :P

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Flares (for R/S)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:23:49 pm »
Um...no.  Why would a flare make seeing someone who's out of your LOS suddenly visible?  Besides, too much coding issues.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:49:23 pm »
I love talking about all these weird new weapons even though they have no chance of coming in the game.  and it would be fun to have another way to light people on fire.   ;)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:33:25 pm »
Try a flaming chainsaw and enjoy.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:21:13 pm »
i would prefer a flashlite, maybe just hold 'g', so it isnt a gun
There are other worlds than these

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:00:06 am »
yeah flashlight would be good, then you could have new kind of maps that you NEED a flashlight to get around efficiently

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 12:08:52 am »
i dont think flashlight would work because it would need to change the rgb values for vertices on the polygons, and i thought that the way its programmed that it is in 50X50 grid squares, so you could only light up your square and would take you till you were in another one before it was re rendered, or maybe you cant do it at all...

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 04:32:00 am »
i dont think flashlight would work because it would need to change the rgb values for vertices on the polygons, and i thought that the way its programmed that it is in 50X50 grid squares, so you could only light up your square and would take you till you were in another one before it was re rendered, or maybe you cant do it at all...

who siad it changed the poly colours? it would be for dark screens i would imagine, that you need a flashlight to lift the darkness.

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 05:30:09 pm »
The flashlight is a good idea! It would give a whole new turn to soldat gameplay and mapping. thumbs up

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 03:34:51 am »
I see no need for a flashlight or flares.
Serouisly.
I vote no.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 06:01:57 pm »
I see no need for a flashlight or flares.
Serouisly.
I vote no.

Agreed...why complicate soldat?

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 08:32:41 pm »
Flashlights would be useless, seeing the maps are bright enough.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 08:35:07 pm »
something that is only for realistic is not ever going to be implemented because half or more of the community would ever use it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Lucky

• Major(1)
  • Lucky
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:53 pm »
Im game, it would be useful, just modifying off of your idea though, maybe you should just be able to drop the flare, and anyone that went in that area could be seen, i think that would be more useful.

the flare would run out as u said, except like 30 seconds.

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 11:25:03 pm »
We don't need this, and I don't think that it would bring anything particularly better to R/S mode.

Offline NecroBacon

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 07:40:19 am »
I think flares are pointless, flares are for helping you see when its dark, not for helping you see when theres a rock between you and the target. Since soldat is very bright, hell soldat doesn't even have facilities to add lighting (why add more code for stuff soldat doesnt really need?). Flashlights and flares, like alot of people have already said, are pointless.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 11:30:48 am »
Screw it. Call it whatever the hell you want to, it lets you see what's on the other side of things, because Soldat doesn't have a 'lean out' function. If you want to be completely realistic, just make the character able to view things further out (e.g. make him stand up taller or do a little jump to see over rocks and such).

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »
HAHAHAHHAHA no. sry. just not.

Try a flaming chainsaw and enjoy.

dual flaming chainsaws, you mean?
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 09:08:54 pm »
Nah, just set the chainsaw bullet style to flame.  Pretty interesting.

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 12:38:30 pm »
Flaming chainsaw-cool
Flares/Flashlights-lame