Author Topic: Team indicators for kill console  (Read 6766 times)

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
Re: Team indicators for kill console
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 08:51:17 pm »
I think that killed only would be more informative than killer.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »
i would like to see this one. but i think having the dead persons's color up aswell would be usefull, (you spot a team killer easier, in the FF servers)

i think that if you have the colors the way you have your set up, two colors would look ugly and be confusing.

maybe have the person's kills the different color instead. (the (X) part). that way i think it would look kinda cleaner, and be less confusing. something like this

soldier    (23)
   major   (11)
owner!   (12)
   sucker   (0)

someone on blue team kills someone on green. and then someone on red team kills someone on yellow.

edit = with this idea, i think that you would still beable to see the "kill momentum" stated in the first post. since the kills for the killer are slightly further to the left, than the kills for the killed. (in game)
opinions?

(btw if this falls through, i still support the main idea)

Offline Tallacaps

• Soldier
    • History surprises
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 05:20:35 pm »

I sugested this before. And I like the idea.

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 07:08:08 am »
I like it too, but Chameleon's modification. Or maybe just make the name colored by the team color?

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 09:42:44 am »
Or maybe just make the name colored by the team color?
That would probably just do the trick.

Offline Lumberjack

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 12:41:36 pm »
I support this idea

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 02:43:56 pm »
Michal's version of Chameleon's version of Grand_Diablo's version is the best. Now that the great MM himself has posted in this topic, can we almost certainly expect something like this soon?

Also, we really don't need "I support this" posts in the game improvements section, it contirbutes nothing to the topic.

Offline Hans Lemurson

• Major(1)
  • Coined the term "Socomized"
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2006, 07:10:42 am »
If the text itself got colored, wouldn't it be confusing if Red and Yellow were in a big fire-fight, with red killing a lot, and as the nades fly, people get lag-slammed into the ground?

That's an awful lot of dual-purpose text-colorations.  How would this be managed?
May the Lag be with you.

Alt+F1 - F3 are hotkeys for your custom lag settings.
Alt+F4 will disable the lag entirely.

Offline toRch

• Major
  • <3
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 01:18:45 pm »
Great idea, full support.
It would be very usefull for the flaggers, when you add a little crone or something, when the flagger dies.
Something like this:
person    (57)
   someone ¤   (83)

Offline XYZ

• Soldier
  • Banned
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 02:11:09 pm »
Will this be in 1.3.2, Dubba M?

Offline Noz

• Major(1)
  • Barretard
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 09:45:27 pm »
I like the idea, but I don't really like any of the suggestions for going about implementing it. All the suggestions so far sound like they would be very annoying to read.

I think simply changing the player names to the team colour will end up being very hard to read. Currently, the colours showing who killed whom are very contrasted with the killer being a bright flourescent green, and the victim being a very dark red/burgandy. All the team colours are very bright colours, and with (in CTF, for example) a series of flourescent blues and reds, it could end up being hard to read the kill console, as there isn't anything to distinguish between a kill and death.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 03:51:49 am »
I like the concept, but I think you guys should really proceed with great caution. I think this could easely get to look messy.

Otherwise it has my full support.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 11:37:39 am »
i think if the name was colored by the team color, it may be hard to distinguish between kill and death. but if the score is colored, you could beable to tell between the kills and the deaths easier. you would also beable to see the "momentum" as grand diablo mentioned (since the kill score is slightly further to the left than the killed score)

but that is just a guess on how it would turn out

ArmedManiac

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 12:54:03 pm »
Definate full support, its good to see whicht team is killing or dying(?) more.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 03:05:57 pm »
I like it but, it would get ricky to read unless both the names of the person who is killed, and the one who killed him are on the same line. (Currently it shows the killer, the gun he used, <next line> the person who was killed.) With the colors everywhere, it would be kinda hard to read.

but, would the colors change for deathmatch, since everyone is wearing a different color shirt?

Overall I you got my vote. no doubt
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 03:08:28 pm by papercut »
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 03:42:21 pm »
I like the idea, but I don't really like any of the suggestions for going about implementing it. All the suggestions so far sound like they would be very annoying to read.

I think simply changing the player names to the team colour will end up being very hard to read. Currently, the colours showing who killed whom are very contrasted with the killer being a bright flourescent green, and the victim being a very dark red/burgandy. All the team colours are very bright colours, and with (in CTF, for example) a series of flourescent blues and reds, it could end up being hard to read the kill console, as there isn't anything to distinguish between a kill and death.

They're already offset, and if that's not good enough, then how about you just use a darkened version of the color for the killed name? And please, no shirt color = kill colors in deathmatch.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 06:55:09 pm »
I support, and I believe this is called *team indicators*, so it wouldn't make sense to have it in DM. So yeah, support, please implement.