Author Topic: Barret fire penalty  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Meganutter

• Major(1)
Barret fire penalty
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:46:09 pm »
i like version 1.3 because it is 'click' BOOM dead, but now it has the same thing as the minigun
honestly, the minigun is okay because you have a full auto weapon but wuth the barret it is just... annoying, i tried to get used to it but i cant

Greetz
- Me

Moved from Game Improvements / Suggestions. - Stalky
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 12:03:23 pm by Stalky »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Barret fire penalty
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:02:10 pm »
i thought the barret was not changed since 1.2.1 exept more bink, i found the barret easy to use even in a server full of good players and realistic mode, even though in realistic mode the barret is just a ruger with a scope duct-taped to it
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline YoMammasMamma

• Major(1)
  • I'm also Stanley Decker.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:49:48 pm »
The whole "click--BOOM--dead" thing is exactly why the barret was given a firing delay.

The barret was intended to be used as a sniping weapon, but everyone and their dog was using the darned thing for everything from that to point-blank range in high-speed assaults.  Every Soldat player should praise the sweet baby Jesus that we're pretty much past that now.
"Oh yeah?  Well...  Yo mamma!"

"Oh yeah!?  ...Uh, Yo Mamma's Mamma!"

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:40:54 pm »
If MM wants the delay to stay, then so be it.

Personally, I think the delay is not that troublesome.  You have enough time to kill your opponent with the barrett, even with the delay.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Drakor

• Major
  • ... Do I need to say it?
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:11:58 pm »
The delay to me is a huge dis-advantage, the first time i used it, i clicked too fast to even fire. still happens ocassionally, and more often than not i've lost the enemy by the time the bullet FINALY comes out. I think Choping that delay in half would be a HUGE help to us older style snipers.
100% of the people who see this signature will have visited http://Http://forums.soldat.pl. Put this in your signature if you like pie... or cake! :D

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 11:37:41 am »
The Barret is perfect. The delay helps me concentrate more on the target, and also lets me stop my shot in case my target M79-propels himself or something just at the moment of me firing. Don't remove it.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 12:14:39 pm »
Even though I am not a barett user, (In fact, I almost dislike barett users) I think the delay makes the game balanced. If there was no delay virtually everyone would be using Barett because it would be a killing machine. I agree with Keron.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 10:33:13 pm »
i think delay's not enough. i'm a barrett user, but i'd rather use it as a sniper instead of some kind of rocket gun that can be used in air as a 1 shot kill weapon.

after practicing around with autos, i find it very hard to master those, but i can easily get tons of kills before dying with a barrett.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:23:22 am »
don't mess with MM and his unshaven beard.

the delay on the barret brings more balance and means less barretards.

Doesn't it also make you feel more powerful?

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 09:29:04 am »
If you can't get used to it, you shouldn't be using barret.

Delay owns
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 09:44:10 am »
Barret is a sniping weapon, I think it should be like the LAW, and not be able to fire when in air or standing.  No snipers jump in the air to fire, it's all about sit and wait, hit or miss.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:13:09 pm »
right, but i personnaly feel barrett in the current setting is much easier to use when i'm flying in the air and shooting at the enemy from either some what above them or from their same height.

i donno if it's just because i suck at shooting from ground to air enemies or i suck at camping, but i feel if they forced barrett users to learn how to snipe instead of mid air railguning....it'd be more fun.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 12:25:41 pm »
search for topics, i have seen these same threads everyday.....Click *Boom* Dead, is very unbalanced, and that world is never coming back again. The delay actually gives the gun a little bit of a challange
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 12:32:31 pm »
The delay if used correctly I think can lead to some better shots than the point-click-boom-dead kinda thing.  It gives you time to adjust your shot if you're just a weebit off from a killing blow.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 03:18:40 pm »
I still dont fully see how the delay is realistic, because in real life it doesnt take a whole second between when the trigger is pulled and when the bullet actually exits the barrel... i liked the old point-click-BOOM-dead method, even if it made sniping that much easier. that way you had to actually think about ways to get around the sniper and kill him with whatever gun you happend to  be holding. lol, just my opinion, though.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline [R^M]TomaHawk

• Major
  • Bush to the rescue!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 03:26:25 pm »
The delay to me is a huge dis-advantage, the first time i used it, i clicked too fast to even fire. still happens ocassionally, and more often than not i've lost the enemy by the time the bullet FINALY comes out. I think Choping that delay in half would be a HUGE help to us older style snipers.

What he said

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
I am now slightly more sympathetic towards Barrett users. I have practiced with it several times and the delay makes it feel not too overpowering and it's a challenge to get used to. Mainly because if you miss you will wind up getting killed by an auto user.

EDIT:
I still dont fully see how the delay is realistic, because in real life it doesnt take a whole second between when the trigger is pulled and when the bullet actually exits the barrel...
Um... do soldiers in real life have jet boots or can instantly heal themselves with a medikit? No. :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:00:03 pm by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 08:36:35 pm »
Wildbill, the delay is not supposed to be realistic in any way, shape, or form.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 07:41:25 pm »
i think the delay is perfect, couldnt live without it. the delay helps you adjust your shot in that half-second or so. if you guys cant live with a delay, just go use an auto, geez. if your not patient enough to learn a 1-hit kill weapon, omg dont even try. if your desperate, pull out the m79. but if you do, you will get pwned by me and bone collector. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT BARRET. ITS A ONE-HIT KILL THAT CAN ZOOM TOO. OH BOO HOO IT HAS A DELAY. IF YOU WERE SKILLED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND, YOU'D SEE THAT IT IS BENEFICIAL TO ACCURACY. MORE TIME TO STEADY YOUR HAND AND TAKE THE ENEMY'S HEAD OFF. ah i always love going psycho like that, but some noobs or just normal players need to hear it. dont complain about 1-hit killers "not being 'cheap' enough". i know your not saying that (directly, at least), but you are implying you want a weapon that can go do the all infamous Point-Click-Kill. what do you want next, an M79 with 5 ammo? seriously, grow up.

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 11:41:46 pm »
the bink on the barret is ok, I think though that the delay should be removed from the pre fire, you could add a bit more reload, but the half second before the shot is so unrealistic, and makes the gun worthless compared to a ruger...

The delay on the M97 is ok, because it is more true to form that way