Poll

Should these things be offered? (if someone convincingly says some features are impossible, answer for those that remain)

Yes, just a light sprinkling of these options, even less than option 2.
6 (17.6%)
Yes, a moderate amount of these, a few dropdown boxes on settings pages is plenty.
4 (11.8%)
Yes, there should be a abundance of this, a little more than option 2.
2 (5.9%)
Power to the modders!  these features should be plentiful and fully in control of modding community.  It'd be great for themed-full mods. I'm appluading popsofctown.
14 (41.2%)
I would take no benefit from this, and i oppose time being spent to make features like this.
2 (5.9%)
Not my thing, but it sounds cool.  
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Dramatic effects-modded  (Read 5316 times)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
Dramatic effects-modded
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:57:58 pm »
I think it would be neat if you could map music and gun mods to happen after certain events.  Examples..

If someone captures the flag, one of the mp3 files you put in the "distress" list starts playing, cueing you to urgently run down the dude with the flag. (or counter-capture)
You could put your own songs in for berserker and predator mode.  And of course, your favorite song comes on when your winning at deathmatch.

If you generate several kills with a certain gun, it can change to other mods you have marked for that, ex:  If you have the most kills with the ruger and are in first place in DM, it will change to one of your modded skins for it, like maybe a WWII rifle.

If the seperate explosions goes through, you can have more dramatic explosions as you get more kills with a gun.  Theres a mod i saw that makes the whole map blue, and looks somewhat sad, that could come happen when your team is losing by 2 many points at ctf.  And your character itself can turn to a robot mod or something when you get a bulletproof vest.  Jets can turn from green for last place and go through the shades in between until you reach blue in first place.

You can take a light dose of this stuff, maybe just having an mp3 list for when you are in first place at DM, or you can take it all on and allow people put in different mods  AND the conditions that trigger them.

I apologize greatly for making any impossible-to-code suggestions.  I don't know any better :-[.  I think the music, at least is probably acheivable.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:03:39 pm by popsofctown »
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Dramatic effects-modded
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:16:10 pm »
And it should be for registered users only ;) Full support, although I myself would rather have a .WAV for a captured flag than music; I don't need sound continuing on for whole minutes to know that the flag needs to be returned. But I love the idea for an automatically changing skin for a weapon, if it can be implemented.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:33:39 pm »
Full support. This would add a lot of interesting stuff.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:09:10 pm »
yeah, i forgot to mention, this is definitely a reg. user kind of option

yeah ur right, u dont want the music playin too long, maybe it could fade after a few secs.  of course, you can always leave boxes for annoying things unchecked.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:49:56 pm »
I support fully.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:14:31 pm »
wow 100% approval out of 8 votes... 7 if u don't count me.    btw, i count: not my thing but sounds cool: as approval.  that poll option is meant to express that since you think the idea sounds worthwhile, though you yourself don't think you would get into it, you feel it is worth MM's time to add it.

Date Posted: December 07, 2006, 05:01:50 PM
plz post if you answer negatively

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 12:47:52 pm »
This almost adds a aura of quake, but with visuals instead.

I agree %100.

In all honesty, this is one of the best CONCEPTS I've heard in a long time. Though it does need to be refined and all abiguity taken away.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:53:40 pm by Zamorak »
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Thrax

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 01:46:01 pm »
I support 100%, this will rock Soldat even more.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:17:03 pm »
Dynamic music would rock. Non-rhythm games I've played with dynamic music haven't annoyed me. Specifically, the SSX series and Plasma Pong.
The SSX series has music cued depending on where you are in the level, if you're on a shortcut, if you just wiped out, things like that.
Plasma Pong speeds up the music as you gain levels.

Subtle effects like that would just flat-out rule.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:50:02 pm »
I always thought if you have like 25% or less health and you get hit the screen should slightly blur, and also other things, the music would be great. I think if mm added more eyecandy for registered people more people would register.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 05:18:08 pm »
Dynamic music would rock. Non-rhythm games I've played with dynamic music haven't annoyed me. Specifically, the SSX series and Plasma Pong.
The SSX series has music cued depending on where you are in the level, if you're on a shortcut, if you just wiped out, things like that.

Yeah SSX was badass in that whenever you wiped out the music would get all calm and stuff. Makes you feel even worse for wiping out >.<

This is a good idea, i support it.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 12:03:27 am »
Let us assume that the person takes your flag, (So the Death Metal starts playing to pump you up.) however he gets blasted with m79 as soon as he grabs it.

<music on> DUH NA NA NAA-- <music off>
(less than one second span.)

Let us assume its a one on one Deathmatch. Scores are tied. You both shoot each other with mp5s over long distance. You kill him and get the high score, but one of his stray bullets kills you, tying the scores

<music on> DUH NA-- <music off>
(Less than half second span.)

This would annoy me.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 07:52:39 am »

full support.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 09:30:35 am »
/support and [applaud]
;)

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 12:05:57 pm »
to papercut:

for me, i think those annoying on-offs would be an acceptable loss for this idea.  Still this can be avoided.  If the music fades in and out, there would just be an unusual few moments of quiet during rapid turn-arounds like that. 

Even you uncheck the boxes for things like your flag being captured, there are still places to put in music where quick turn arounds happen less frequently.  ex: First place in deathmatch (which could start when you come out ahead but stop when you are no longer tied for first)

Plus, pretty much all optical cues, many of which the community would come up with in the future, can switch on and off without being very annoying at all.

For those reasons, I think this feature's addition would still benefit you.

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 05:45:06 pm »
I always thought if you have like 25% or less health and you get hit the screen should slightly blur, and also other things, the music would be great. I think if mm added more eyecandy for registered people more people would register.

You mean like in a lot of other games, like a red flash? If so, I support that, too.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 02:31:42 pm »
I don't care for the music part, just the different GFX images when you get so and so kills.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
well then u can check the boxes for that and not for the music :)

\\\**I love DM**///