Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 115139 times)

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]
« Reply #400 on: August 08, 2007, 02:33:16 pm »
I can do some maps for you.  I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I am pretty sure that I made the first Coag map.  Dunno where it is, I can show it to prove it.  I can make some maps, but I have no clue on waypointing, so you're on your own there.   :(  Which maps you want?  I'm working on Valhalla, Snowbound, and High Grounds from the beta, since my old ones look like carp since I was but a nub back then.  I'm reworking all of mine anyways.

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #401 on: August 08, 2007, 05:53:02 pm »
All right, I'm back. Whew, I'm glad to see that after 5 days of stagnation, people are still checking this thread XD

Anyways, the mod is tentatively scheduled to roll out late September/October 2007, depending on how smoothly things go.

As for the flashes, I need to know some things:

o Muzzle flashes for Brute weapons -- they're pretty much same as human MFs, right?
o M90 Shotgun flash -- I've never seen it, so does it exist? If so, what does it look like?
o Plasma Pistol flash -- if anyone can find a screenie, I'd be obliged.
o M41 Rocket Launcher -- same as above, I'm having trouble finding a good picture showing the flash.

Thanks for all the help guys. ^^
the shotgun's muzzle flash's front part is fatter than normal(2 pixels maybe?).

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline henry_12i

• Major(1)
  • {^o^} Soldat Owns You!
« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2007, 01:13:07 am »
Espadon, i've sent you an image of a more 'open' version of the map via PM. I will only start way pointing when I get your OK.
Insult me and I'll slap you!... or maybe not. :D

Offline andrelie

• Camper
  • Im sorry for the spamming...
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2007, 08:41:18 am »
can you give a hint/tip when this mod is finished? ;D
Im sorry for the spamming...

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2007, 01:19:35 pm »
can you give a hint/tip when this mod is finished? ;D

I'm pretty sure he only said around september 5 BILLION TIMES. kthnxbye.
Fast_Ede, i like your Avatar :D (how to you make animation (something like that) picture? (i know i sound stupid now... ;D))

You'd have to ask my friend :D . it has something to do with recording some of soldat , then taking frame by frame and making an animation of it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:39:58 pm by fast_ede »

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline andrelie

• Camper
« Reply #405 on: August 10, 2007, 05:19:25 pm »
hehe oki doki ;D

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2007, 11:22:59 pm »
Hey fast_ede (and andrelie), press f8 to take demos and f8 again to stop them, then when you play it back (manually or with a fanapp) use the extract option turned on. Then go to the soldat/demos/extracted folder and cut out all the bits of the pics you dont want in the clip (make all the frames the same size at the end). Go download something like BMPtoAVI and make a movie of your heroism. :D

Well, I don't know an easy way to make a *.gif from that but this might help ya.

Espadon, check this: In the latest version of soldat most of the original bots seem to have bright blue/red face plates on their helmets. I don't think it was like that before so maybe you'd better see if something's changed.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2007, 02:56:29 pm »
Well, I don't know an easy way to make a *.gif from that but this might help ya.

Espadon, check this: In the latest version of soldat most of the original bots seem to have bright blue/red face plates on their helmets. I don't think it was like that before so maybe you'd better see if something's changed.

Hrm, I just checked my 1.4.2 but its not giving me any problems. Screenie please?

As for giffing...you can either use the GIMP or MS Gif Animator. GIMP's the 'better, more hi-tech' way but I still use GIFanimator since GIMP's startup time just isn't worth it (I use PS so GIMP's rarely open, even tohugh I keep it on my HD).
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2007, 12:16:31 am »
Screenie... sure. This doesn't seem to happen to your specially made bots, and I have no idea why it happens to many of the default bots. It might interest you though.
See his helmet? His visor is solid blue.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2007, 07:48:10 am »
hmmm, Fix! :(

Offline henry_12i

• Major(1)
  • {^o^} Soldat Owns You!
« Reply #410 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:59 am »
maybe its something t do with them being the 'Default' bots... try make some and test them. I'm sure there would be a perfectly logical reason for this.
Insult me and I'll slap you!... or maybe not. :D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2007, 10:09:25 am »
I'll look into it.

Anyways I'm gonna take a tiny break from HLT and focus on my other Soldat pet projects for a bit so I can come back with a renewed perspective.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline andrelie

• Camper
« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2007, 03:17:13 pm »
omg no! let us download the beta then! let us come with comments and such things ;D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2007, 05:04:45 pm »
Fine...I'll pm you a copy later...but you gotta promise to give feedback on weapons balancing and stuff.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2007, 05:09:59 pm »
Why does it take so long for this project to get finished. A nice quality mod can be done in couple of  days. A couple of more days for weapon.ini balancing if it has one... I don't see a point in mods being developed for months. Atleast for soldat.

Anyways, love the graphics alto I haven't played halo 2 or 3. If you need any help with weapons.ini tweaking I can help. I have some ideas for plasma weapons and stuff...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 05:14:46 pm by Will »

Offline andrelie

• Camper
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2007, 05:29:25 pm »
Fine...I'll pm you a copy later...but you gotta promise to give feedback on weapons balancing and stuff.
posting me? o.O omg yeah! ;D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2007, 07:14:37 pm »
Why does it take so long for this project to get finished. A nice quality mod can be done in couple of  days. A couple of more days for weapon.ini balancing if it has one... I don't see a point in mods being developed for months. Atleast for soldat.

Do remember that I'm bogged down with all sorts of other stuff, like my clan, my clan's needs, my real life needs, my...etc. And...I don't think you're much of a perfectionist. What I've found is what looks good one day looks fugly when you look at it again...3 months after. And you are the last person to criticize me for not turning out mods quickly. Look at yourself...geez, I'm not even gonna say anything but anyone doing a search for mods that were done by a 'Will' would be disappointed. I haven't yet found one d/l link by you.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #417 on: August 13, 2007, 11:11:28 pm »
Heh, nice. But no cat-fighting, alright?

Hmm, I might try looking at the .bot files for the default bots and comparing to the new ones.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2007, 10:08:29 am »

Do remember that I'm bogged down with all sorts of other stuff, like my clan, my clan's needs, my real life needs, my...etc. And...I don't think you're much of a perfectionist. What I've found is what looks good one day looks fugly when you look at it again...3 months after. And you are the last person to criticize me for not turning out mods quickly. Look at yourself...geez, I'm not even gonna say anything but anyone doing a search for mods that were done by a 'Will' would be disappointed. I haven't yet found one d/l link by you.

And look at me with my EW, after even little interesting tweaks I make, I want to see how it looks ingame and what do you know... I've suddenly played 2-3 hours when It was supposed to take 2-3 minutes. And also, perfecting takes time. Alot.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #419 on: August 14, 2007, 10:24:06 am »
Espadon, I'm sorry if you thought I was critcizing you. I just spoke in general...

As for my mods, as soon as I start something else pops up, bad grades, a girl, getting sick of soldat. You have to forgive me for getting sick of soldat, because paying it for so many years and see how much online community has degraded. I've done a couple of mods which I shared to my friends. One of my best friends, slayer dz, always does something better then me so I just give up. I'm more of a weapons.ini tweaking obsessed dude, and I'm constantly trying to find new ways of balancing weapons etc. I offer people some help if I really like somebodys work etc.

Good thing is, I have all the work I've done so far for soldat on my computer. Someday, maybe someday I'll use it. I'd say all of my sounds, graphics and various weapons.ini settings could very well be more than Dairy made with his graphics thread. Atleast quantity wise. The quality of my work is really questionable.