Author Topic: Hmm...WTF is wrong with...  (Read 1672 times)

Offline GTAWH_MIGRAEVADER

• Major
Hmm...WTF is wrong with...
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:13:09 pm »
Ok this really made me go wTF?!?! Is wrong here...I put up a dedicated server right...
I was testing my 3 custom maps, and everything is ok, until i get to the last map, it sais map cant be downloaded! Then I'm all OK WTF?!?! I have the map!!! And the wierd thing is, I CAN use the map when Im playing offline with bots, everything works perfectly unless im online, then everyone gets disconeected from the game becasue the last map doesnt work online. So do any of you know what the problem can be? Is it the map? Or the server? My firewall allowas full acces to Soldat, and why cant they dowloand this map, and all others they can. I compiled the map, but that just makes the polygons solid, so I know thats not the problem, and they are all in the right folders...so I dont know what to do...

Oh Sometimes i will get the cant download a certain scenery...but I have it, and it works off line just not online.

Phew thats a lot of whining huh? But I really need the help here, so thanks for taking your time to rad this.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Hmm...WTF is wrong with...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:53:58 pm »
Usually happens if the map name is too long.  Shorten it?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:13:29 pm »
it also happens when the map has too few sceneries, I forget the exact number.

This is a client-side bug, so it can't be fixed until Soldat gets a new version.

Offline GTAWH_MIGRAEVADER

• Major
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 06:23:44 pm »
yeah but why cant it be played online, only offline?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 06:38:06 pm »
it can be played online if everyone downloads the map separately from a website or something, not from the soldat server itself.

The problem is in the soldat client's code to download maps, not in the game itself.