Author Topic: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.8.8 ~ A comfortable admin client.  (Read 79422 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.7.1 ~ A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »
aaanyway... SolTV shouldn't beable to be run on a linux server (if it's gonna be up and running all the time, then you need a server running it), so the demo saving should be in the baka admin client, since that's supposedly able to run under linux?

putting autodemo on soldat gather servers and soldat ladder servers would be quite interessting.

You're living in a different reality..

Baka nor SolTV can run under Linux because of their dependence on Windows tools, such as the Winapi and DirectX. I've tried both of them under Wine and they don't work well. Baka admin client has never "supposedly been able to run under linux."

If you want some sort of auto record just have baka run nonstop on a windows machine connected to a remote linux soldatserver.
There are other worlds than these

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »
you just said earlier that baka admin should work on a linux server -.-...
there's a big difference between connected to a linux server and running on a linux server.

well, having baka admin running on a home pc is certainly possible... but that's just ugly -.-.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2010, 03:37:52 pm »
you just said earlier that baka admin should work on a linux server -.-...
there's a big difference between connected to a linux server and running on a linux server.

Yes, there is a big difference, but you're not being clear which one you're talking about. It can work on a linux server in that it can connect to one, but not run on a linux machine.

well, having baka admin running on a home pc is certainly possible... but that's just ugly -.-.
Christ, stop being a whiny b***h and deal with it. Or just rent a windows server and run it there.
There are other worlds than these

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Baka Admin + SolTV v0.7.2 released
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2010, 03:26:43 pm »
Ok, new version is released!
Also new release includes several new SolTV features (now it's possible to type commands in SolTV) along with large set of options to customize it (font and all the colours SolTV is using for text hood and polygons are fully customizable now), and several bug fixes as well as minor performance improvements.
Release notes for Baka Admin v0.7.2

See the first post for the download link.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:35:37 pm by VirtualTT »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
Re: Baka Admin + SolTV v0.7.3 ~ A comfortable admin client.
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2010, 12:23:11 pm »
It seems that term "sys menu" is somewhat confusing for most of the ppl so they can't find Always on top option is SolTV. :-\ Sys menu is the default menu that every window has - normally it contains items such as minimize, move, close etc. You can call it be clicking on the small icon in the window caption, right-clicking anywhere on the caption or on the corresponding preview bar (see the image below). BA also has two additional items (to hide/restore local dedicated servers) there.

Small bug with players and bots counters in the captions of the inactive tabs not updated will be fixed in the next release.

Ok, new version is released!
This release contains a set of IP db improvements: now it has new format and much faster search algorithm, complete country name is being displayed as tooltip over flag in players list, db itself was updated (now it's using fresh august info) and also small tool to manually update it with CSV DB also included (see readme). Fixed bug with tab captions not refreshed and various minor things.
Release notes for Baka Admin v0.7.3

See the first post for the download link.

Also this is probably the last major BA update from me. When (and if) new Soldat servers will be released i'm going to maintain compatibility. But the rest of ToDo list i'm leaving on some volunteers. Feel free to download & edit it's source code.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:52:15 am by VirtualTT »

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2010, 10:13:38 am »
Updated ip db (september 2010) attached.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2010, 05:16:10 pm »
Also this is probably the last major BA update from me. When (and if) new Soldat servers will be released i'm going to maintain compatibility. But the rest of ToDo list i'm leaving on some volunteers. Feel free to download & edit it's source code.
Noooo. :(
Pls implement the first two items (thats were ARSSE is better):
# More options to customize server log colours.
# Some means to filter unwanted messages.
(It's really hard to read the server log since it's only in one color).

Together with the possibility to play a soundfile when someone writes something (e.g. when some player writes "hax" or "hacker" it plays the notification sound so I know to check the server) this would be all I need. :)
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2010, 03:14:19 am »
Noooo. :(
Pls implement the first two items (thats were ARSSE is better):
# More options to customize server log colours.
# Some means to filter unwanted messages.
(It's really hard to read the server log since it's only in one color).

Together with the possibility to play a soundfile when someone writes something (e.g. when some player writes "hax" or "hacker" it plays the notification sound so I know to check the server) this would be all I need. :)
I would add some simple scripting aswell and ARSSE's times would be gone.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2010, 06:13:09 am »
Illuminatus these are already in TO DO list, however i really don't have any time to work on it now.
Silnikos scripting is not going to be implemented. This have been already discussed several times.

Offline Silnikos

• Soldier
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2010, 07:44:57 am »

Silnikos scripting is not going to be implemented. This have been already discussed several times.
Yes I know that, but I still don't get why. You said few pages before that you don't like the way ARSSE's scripting is used. But imo some simple onData event with possibility to send /command back would be enough - just to make the admin client able to respond to anything. Now you cannot even answer for !admin calls, which makes Baka Admin pretty much useless (so many hackers nowadays, you know ;-)), which is just waste of a great looking so far piece of code.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:35 am »
Scripting system ARSSE has was made before servers received proper scripting support and is mostly aimed at server enchantment. So today it's kinda worthless since everything can be coded to run on the server (which is way better since there is no need for the admin client to be connected all the time and no problems when several connected admin clients execute same or opposite commands; also server scripting uses normal syntax and offers greater capabilities). The only feature in ARSSE scripting aimed on client application itself is customizable logging. But this can also be implemented as server script. Btw i had an idea to add feature to browse server logs by downloading them from server.
BA already has highlight if someone types !admin. Adding customizable list of highlight messages shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:08 am »
Btw, where is the default highlight sound file ("baka") located? Is it hardcoded?
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:04 pm »
It's in resourses.dll You can find original wav in the source code rar.
It's from  4th ep of Baka to test.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2010, 05:07:12 am »
Updated ip db (november 2010) attached.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2010, 08:26:17 am »
Updated ip db (december 2010) attached.

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2011, 03:19:29 pm »
Im useing your program all the time. Its nice, but I have a few suggestions. I hope its okay if Im posting them here:

1. Make a checkbox or something to disable the auto-scrolling too the bottom of the console. Its really annoying if you like to copy a ip or something and it keeps scrolling down. (If theres already a button to do this, Im sorry for my stupidness.)
2. The possible to rename tabs and add them as a bookmark via right-clicking on them.
3. Make different colors for the console like in arsse, sometimes its hard to see whats going on.
4. If theres a large amout of text being sended by the server, baka seems to crash. (f.e. if some stupid hacker is brute-force-crashing the server.)
5. Also, a auto-/say-checkbox would be nice. I know you can do it with ctrl+enter, but it would be a nice to have.
6. The error-messages of SolTv are annoying, because they minimize every other application if they pop-up, which happens quite often because of unknown textures or something. Maybe you could make them less dominant or remove them completely.

Thats all right now. Maybe I'll add more later.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:31:43 am by Stuffy »
The truth is out there? Does anyone know the URL?
The URL is here

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2011, 04:33:37 am »
1,3 log window enchantments are already in TODO list
2 If server link is in the bookmarks list tab will get custom title automatically. Adding "Add to bookmarks" item to the tab context menu is a nice idea, added in TODO list.
5 I was thinking about changing Enter key functionality to prefix "/say" automatically if typed text doesn't start with "/" and Ctrl+Enter to send text as it is. This probably would be more comfortable as server admins usually tend to chat with players more than with other admins. Adding checkbox to alternate this behavior wouldn't be a problem.
4,6 What kind of error messages are you getting and when?

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2011, 07:31:05 am »
4: Different type of messages, Admin failed to connect (IP), or just some spam from a script.
6: If a new map loads, sometimes it says me "Could not load texture" or something like that, I'll check it exactly if Im at home. And, if the server disconnects, its says "Connection Lost" in its dominant way (Error noise and minimize every other application-window).

Also, I little response to the player if he enters !admin would be nice, something like in arsse.
The URL is here

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:50 am »
4: But what exact message leads to crash?

HL on !admin is already implemented.

Offline Stuffy

• Soldier
  • Very stuffy.
    • Climb-Zone Forum
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2011, 10:58:03 am »
Not one message, I think its the amout of them.

HL on !admin is already implemented.

Uhm, okay.
The URL is here