Author Topic: Ditch karma.  (Read 13030 times)

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
Re: Ditch karma.
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2006, 06:48:55 pm »
Very good idea, I thoroughly support this.

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2006, 06:55:20 pm »
Good idea = give me -1000 karma.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Anarii

• Major(1)
  • I am nub.
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2006, 06:12:26 am »
I agree. This karma system is bull.

I joined today, and already received a 'smite'. WTF?! My posts, IMO, are on-topic and aren't offensive, unless they are somehow offended by 'knife-throws' & stuff.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2006, 06:53:23 am »
ok, lets get back ter somthing besides i agree! wheres that third president guy? get him back in here and see what hes thinkin; HIS are the model posts, cant wait for him to come back. (i know i didnt say much in this, but i couldn't help but check in.)

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2006, 05:31:59 pm »
I have an Idea: We could still have karma, with the applaud and smite buttons still there, But your karma is only visible to yourself.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2006, 05:57:30 pm »
I have an Idea: We could still have karma, with the applaud and smite buttons still there, But your karma is only visible to yourself.
I like that idea. :)
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2006, 06:33:46 pm »

The concept of karma will pretty much be destroyed.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2006, 07:08:46 pm »
yes, i agree. i think that that would raise more annoyances than it would fix,(i agree post). we need to get 3rd president guy back in here so that he can tell us if any of our previous ideas have been taken into account. i dont see very much good activity in this forum until one of the admin or someone with the autority comments on what we have thus far.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2006, 11:21:17 pm »
I PMed him a while ago. Just wait, for now...

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2006, 08:35:28 am »
Personally, I think that the karma system is working perfectly.  Everyone who I think is very valuable to the forums has at least a +2 karma, whereas the spammers, off-topic posters, and many people who generally don't contribute much to the forums have negative karmas.

Guys, don't forget that people are (by nature) going to smite more than they're going to applaud.  People are more likely to seek the smite button when they see something bad than they are going to find the applaud button when someone makes a post that is good and useful.  As such, a  -1 karma is not bad at all, it means that most people approve of your posts and what you do here on the forums, but there are a couple of people who don't, and they're more likely going to use karma than the people who approve of what you're doing.

I think karma is working just fine, and nobody here has given any good reason for why it isn't.  "I don't like it all of the newbs are going to smite people" is not a reason.  "karma sucks" is not a reason.  Give a proper reason, and take the time to explain it... otherwise we're just going to ignore you, you'll look like a moron who doesn't want to take the time to explain his thoughts... and you'll likely begin to see a downward trend in your karma.

I look around and all of the people with +5 or higher karma are the people who take the time to write their posts in proper english, explain their thoughts to everyone, and contribute to the forums.  Perhaps the rest of you should take a hint if the fact that you have a -30 karma is bothering you, try and reform your ways such that they appeal to everyone else.

Also, for the rest of you who believe in the karma system: take the time to applaud the forum members that are posting quality content and are taking the time to contribute to the forums.  Like I said, we have plenty of people who are quick to smite when someone posts off-topic, but it can't hurt for you to applaud the people who you look up to and feel are making our forums better.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2006, 09:37:50 am »
I can understand where you're coming from on that, but my profile kinda disproves.  My karma is negative mainly because people hate me for no apparent reason.

On the other hand, Karma doesn't affect you in a tangible way; it's just a measure of how much people like/hate you in the forums.  Overall, don't let it get to you too much.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2006, 01:46:39 am »
OMG 3RD PRES GUY, IT'S NOT LIKE HE'S BEEN A PART OF THE COMMUNITY FOR A LONG TIME AND EVERYONE KNOWS HIM
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2006, 03:30:21 am »
[...] because people hate me for no apparent reason.

You wish! You just don't want to admit that it's your own damn fault people hate you. The number of people that have smited you can't all hate you 'just because'...

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2006, 08:22:44 am »
*me applauds Milkman Dan*

Maybe you should re-read some of your posts Orion, and read the threads that you posted in again. You'll see that there are more than enough reasons for smiting you, daily.

Offline Axel

• Soldier
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2006, 05:35:33 pm »
WELL THEN WHY THE HELL IS MY KARMA DROPPING?! I REALLY DOUBT THAT ITS BECAUSE I DONT USE PROPER ENGLISH, AND IF IT IS YOUR A BUNCH OF GRAMMER POLICE! also, why are we going on about stinging people posting in this topic? i think that orion isnt exactly the issue, in specific. if you guys are gonna go on about how stupid everyone that has bad karma is, tell me why mine continues to fall. most of my posts are uber huge, and again, i doubt that its just because i dont use proper english. maybe its because everyone here is just an ignorant welp that smites everyone that they disagrees with, even if they are perfectly intelligent and dont waste the forums time. i dont do that, but i havnt seen the evidence that many other people do.
why the hell is my karma at -9?! its near double worse atomic hypes, and that post he made doesnt seem quite as good as it could have been.....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:37:23 pm by Axel »

Offline Jack The Llama

• Major(1)
  • Llama Commando. :D With a PHD.
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2006, 07:23:57 pm »
Well. I think it's mostly a popularity vote.
So whining will probably get it dropped more buddah'.

Spread the love, peace, harmony, and llamas everywhere man!

Oh, and P.S. guys, wheres the smite and applaud buttons? I can't see 'em anywhere.
<_<'
Looking for a clan. : O

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2006, 07:26:30 pm »
Oh, and P.S. guys, wheres the smite and applaud buttons? I can't see 'em anywhere.
<_<'

Above your post count and under your karma.

Offline Jack The Llama

• Major(1)
  • Llama Commando. :D With a PHD.
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2006, 07:27:48 pm »
Ooh, I don't see them, but I think I understand why I can't, I think I need like, a total post count of like, 50 or something along the lines of that.
Dang lounge and it's no post points.
Looking for a clan. : O

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2006, 07:44:29 pm »
25 posts to gain karmaness.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2006, 08:05:34 pm »
Ooh, I don't see them, but I think I understand why I can't, I think I need like, a total post count of like, 50 or something along the lines of that.
Dang lounge and it's no post points.
25 posts to gain karmaness.

Just a warning... if you spam to try and reach 25, it will get you banned.  If it doesn't get you banned, it will at least get you a very, very negative karma.