Author Topic: Family tag-teams  (Read 1716 times)

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Family tag-teams
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:57:26 pm »
Is it just me or have family tag-teams been getting more common in pub servers? Just in this week alone I've had 3 pairs of brothers/cousins ganging up on me.

I'll be in a DM server and then I'll notice that I'm the only one firing at them. Only to see those two walking around trying to kill me- only me. I ask why they aren't killing eachother and they reply "because we're brothers", as if this is a real-life fight rather than just a game. On the few occasions that my twin bro has played Soldat with me, I've actually focused on targeting him; because that's what you do in DM- shoot each other.

And just now I was on a Team Deathmatch server, fighting as usual and then again noticing that I'm the only one firing at them- even though the two cousins were on different teams!. Then one of them joins my team, only to quite literally stab me in the back and have his cousin say "owned", as if it took skill to do that.

Bringing family relations into a Deathmatch game of Soldat brings a more personal side to it, as if they don't want to shoot their bro but its ok to shoot me because I'm now the enemy. The point of a Deathmatch game is that you shoot people to get points, not because you like/hate them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:03:17 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: Family tag-teams
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:43:49 am »
This is not funny!

brothers are supposed to kill eachother!

Player since late 2007

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:29:06 am »
Heh, brothers. It's great to have one.

I have a brother too (he's older than me and he's usually a better player than I am). We usually play cooperatively in team games. However, when it comes to being in different teams or in a DM, we would just play as normal - We'd fight each other just as how we'd fight any other random person, basically we don't really target or favour each other.

It's fun.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:31:07 am by STM1993 »

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 04:54:52 pm »
This is not funny!

brothers are supposed to kill eachother!

thats true