Author Topic: Click this if you want to see Mangled* pwn demoniac93  (Read 30365 times)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:21:54 am »
Oh, i forgot to add:
inb4 conspiracies
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:10 am »
I've heard reports by credible news sources that he was killed by a bomb, killed in a firefight, and killed by a Pakistani helicopter.  That's reason enough for me to be suspicious of his actual fate, though I do want to believe he's dead.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 10:40:06 am »
Im convinced he died ~20 years ago. Theres more evidence to suggest the Flying Spaghetti Monster is alive and real, than there is evidence of a Muslim terrorist attack that Bin Laden is supposedly responsible for, so its not like the fate of this single scapegoat has any real significance anyway. Mind you, without the Taliban, heroin production in the Middle East has skyrocketed - just like every other time Americans invaded.

I suppose the US had to find some way to top a Royal Wedding ...
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »
there's room for reasonable doubt without any concrete evidence

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:55 pm »
Nothing, nothing is going to change.

I'm uncomfortable with how the US is being all "yay us" about this.  I don't think we should be celebrating his death for a number of reasons - the fact that we're turning him into a symbol/martyr by making this such a big deal, the fact that we spent who knows how many tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to find him, the fact that it took 10 years, the fact that efforts like this are why billions of dollars are being taken away from science, research and other more productive domestic efforts in the US (such as the simple effort of minimizing the massive budget deficit in the US). 

It makes me sick how people are celebrating his death without even thinking about it.  I can just imagine how senseless and ridiculous this makes the US look to other countries and people who already have a low opinion of us.

I, for one, am not proud of this.  I don't feel bad that he's dead, but I am not proud of the huge media ordeal that is being made of this and the disproportionate celebration that has ensued.
seconded. Still, it is a symbolic victory

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:41 pm »
OMG OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD. PRESIDENT OBAMA SAID SO!

Do you really think so? The president's popularity is at an all time low and there has been talk about him being overthrown. Suddenly he produces a dead terrorist and he's the best thing since sliced bread again. Its fundamental to diplomacy that there's only so long you can leave ends untied, no matter how you do the knot...

Can you provide a source for your claims that there has been talk of Obama being "overthrown" ?

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »
it really is a sad day when news like this is celebrated and glorified

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »
2001: America condemns parts of the Middle East for celebrating American deaths

2011: America parties after a Middle Easterner dies

USA USA
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »
Yeah, it sort of does mirror how extremist muslims celebrate when someone American is killed... It's a very similar fanaticism.

Not that I don't think Osama was bad, I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not jumping for joy and screaming "Allahu Akbar" "USA", I just think to myself 'good, he's gone'. I think that sort of display of outward hatred is a little extreme.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 06:45:42 pm »
Yeah, it's true it won't change anything.

And people cheering about it like it is a big deal isn't good either. It's done, but the problem is that the Al-Qaeda wasn't what it was 10 or 15 years ago, it's really segregated yet networked. It's not like there's this big HQ in the middle of the desert that says "Al-Qaeda."
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »

2001: America condemns parts of the Middle East for celebrating American deaths

2011: America parties after a Middle Easterner dies

USA USA

Yeah, it sort of does mirror how extremist muslims celebrate when someone American is killed... It's a very similar fanaticism.

Not that I don't think Osama was bad, I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not jumping for joy and screaming "Allahu Akbar" "USA", I just think to myself 'good, he's gone'. I think that sort of display of outward hatred is a little extreme.

But the thing is, like homerofgods said, it's a symbolic thing.  We're not cheering because a human being was killed.  We're cheering because this is a strong step for us in the fight against terrorism.  It's like celebrating if Korea dismantled some of their nukes.  The difference between the terrorists cheering for our deaths and us cheering for their deaths is exactly that: one is the voice OF terrorism, and one is the voice AGAINST it.  We're not saying "hurr durr got another brown person."  It's nothing like that.  America (and many other parts of the world) is just thrilled because of the blow against terrorism, and that's all there is to it.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:51:14 pm »
If a bad man deserves death then so be it. The thing I really don't like about how all the media outlets are handling this, is that they're glorifying it as if it was a divine revenge killing. In the Calgary Sun, the headline was "In Hell" and on page 2 the title was, "The Bastard is finally Dead!" I mean ok, if he truly was the mastermind of 911, he deserved it. Still, there needs to be some common sense and this world needs to move on to a point where war, killing, weapons, etc are not necessary to settle any dispute or grievance. Having a "killing is good" mentality is NOT a good thing, even if it's a terrorist that gets killed. Othewise, we'll never move forward and I think we're all smart enough to do so.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 07:57:15 pm »
He was actually african, and they're going to clone him

and Hitler too.

So let's find those ashes before Russia does!!

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »
We're not saying "hurr durr got another brown person."  It's nothing like that. 

I lol'd. It's not the celebration of the event that is the problem is the way some people, and particularly the media are glorifying his death.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 08:24:29 pm »
It's not the celebration of the event that is the problem is the way some people, and particularly the media are glorifying his death.

I could agree with this.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 09:15:36 pm »
If a bad man deserves death then so be it. The thing I really don't like about how all the media outlets are handling this, is that they're glorifying it as if it was a divine revenge killing. In the Calgary Sun, the headline was "In Hell" and on page 2 the title was, "The b*****d is finally Dead!" I mean ok, if he truly was the mastermind of 911, he deserved it. Still, there needs to be some common sense and this world needs to move on to a point where war, killing, weapons, etc are not necessary to settle any dispute or grievance. Having a "killing is good" mentality is NOT a good thing, even if it's a terrorist that gets killed. Othewise, we'll never move forward and I think we're all smart enough to do so.

yeeeeeep, I agree with both of you

Not quite, we don't hate him because he's muslim or not our religion.  He specifically did things which made people despise him, not people of his nationality or faith.  Well, there are stupid people who hate people of his nationality and faith (or people who look like it !) but those people are misguided, and those are not the reasons that so many US citizens are so happy that this particular person is dead.

tl;dr: your attempt at making some deep connection is wrong

It's not the celebration of the event that is the problem is the way some people, and particularly the media are glorifying his death.

I could agree with this.

those are mostly the same thing - it's peoples' belief that this should be celebrated which is what made it into a media event to start with.  Then the media exacerbated it and the two continued to encourage each other.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
The death of an enemy is something to be glad about, the world has several fewer men who want the US to burn, Al Qaeda lost an irreplaceable asset and the moral of US troops is about as high as it's ever been in this operation.  By every measure this is a very good military victory.
See also:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0YZjvlQulOU/TGaIphMRXFI/AAAAAAAAA2o/3S9neS1Dqek/s640/AE_VJ_Day.jpg
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:35 pm »
The death of an enemy is something to be glad about, the world has several fewer men who want the US to burn, Al Qaeda lost an irreplaceable asset and the moral of US troops is about as high as it's ever been in this operation.  By every measure this is a very good military victory.
See also:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0YZjvlQulOU/TGaIphMRXFI/AAAAAAAAA2o/3S9neS1Dqek/s640/AE_VJ_Day.jpg

I don't see how his death makes it less fewer men. If anything this will increase Al Qaeda's violence. The moral part I agree, but all I'm saying is everything country should be on some type of alert. I'm not saying full blast security, but the international security heightened a bit because countries realize who they are dealing with.

The Al Qaeda isn't some weak organization. They a segregated and networked, and the people running this organization are smart. If dumbshits were running the Al Qaeda it would have dissolved years ago.

But ofcourse... you know all this.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 01:19:25 am »
I laughed so hard when an American woman said "Now we finally have freedom" in an interview. Like the Al-Qaeda wouldn't take revenge..

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:26 am »
Like the Al-Qaeda wouldn't take revenge..

Fixed it: Like the Federal Reserve and Obama's minions wouldn't take advantage.
The whole thing is a joke, luckily some people are waking up to that. But it wont matter because someone else will come along and spew some shit and everyone will disregard all of history yet again for some ridiculous utopian premise in the present. Vote the fucking fascists fascists out of office and throw them in prison and then we will have some real hope to believe in.