Author Topic: FreeCam  (Read 1852 times)

Offline jerich

• Camper
FreeCam
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »
I realize that this feature is available through the normal CTF mode when a player dies, then you are able to press a button to freecam or see the enemy.

I'm talking more in part of the clan/competitive scene but this also applies to the public/casual scene as well:

I think freecam or the ability to see the other team when you are dead/respawning should be disabled. As I understand that this is extremely useful in the middle of a match, I never quite unederstood why should a player that has died be granted the location of enemies/flaggers/etc.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: FreeCam
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »
I realize that this feature is available through the normal CTF mode when a player dies, then you are able to press a button to freecam or see the enemy.

I'm talking more in part of the clan/competitive scene but this also applies to the public/casual scene as well:

I think freecam or the ability to see the other team when you are dead/respawning should be disabled. As I understand that this is extremely useful in the middle of a match, I never quite unederstood why should a player that has died be granted the location of enemies/flaggers/etc.
As far as I remember it was kinda fixed for RS in beta...maybe I'm wrong. In normal ctf I see nothing wrong with it but in survival matches you shouldn't be able to use freecam.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »
Why should RS have it why is it fine for normal not to have it? Both game modes implore the same concept except in R/S you have more realistic vision and recoil. When you are dead you shouldn't be rewarded a free look in the map, maybe just your own team but definitely not the other team or freecam.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »
In RS it is a lot more of an advantage to know where your enemies are than in normal mode.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
I suggest to have a switch option for this, just like in cs....
It's fine on publics to view all the map/players/flags but on clanwars/gathers or some tournaments is so wrong...

If disabled, make it available to watch from a demo or so...
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »
In RS it is a lot more of an advantage to know where your enemies are than in normal mode.

Agreed. But that doesn't change the fact that the people that are dead get an advantage in both game modes. Whether your dead for a four second respawn, or if you're dead until one team gets a point; this overlooked area makes a big difference when you play(especially in a match).

A player should understand a player's tendencies and grow a better sense of awareness while they play them, not while overlooking them waiting to respawn.