Author Topic: Large Game-play adjustments  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
Large Game-play adjustments
« on: July 23, 2008, 04:59:18 am »
Just some ideas I thought of.

-Weapon Pickup mode. (Start off with secondary weapon, and pick up weapons from around the map, weapons placed on the map by map-creator)
-New game-mode: King of the hill, an area defined by the map creator (Placed in Polyworks) is fought over, one point per second spent in the area (Team Game).
-Headshot weapons. If a weapon hs more than 300 speed it has the ability to have the killing bullet as a headshot. A headshot symbol then appears on the death console (Instead of a picture of the weapon)
-Destructable Polygons. If you shoot it with LAW, M79 or Two Grenades, than it dissappears (Completely) or a crater appears in it. The polygon is chosen as a "Destructable" type in Polywork (With the other types: Normal, Deadly, Lava etc.)
-Boats/Rafts. These would be good for a lot of maps, it's basically a polygon that moves. When you hop on it, it moves in a predetermined route, determined by the map maker. This would make some interesting maps for races, and some cool D-day maps.

Any of these F11 or F12?

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
Re: Large Game-play adjustments
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:01:32 am »
-Weapon Pickup mode. (Start off with secondary weapon, and pick up weapons from around the map, weapons placed on the map by map-creator)
-New game-mode: King of the hill, an area defined by the map creator (Placed in Polyworks) is fought over, one point per second spent in the area (Team Game).
Scripts

-Destructable Polygons. If you shoot it with LAW, M79 or Two Grenades, than it dissappears (Completely) or a crater appears in it. The polygon is chosen as a "Destructable" type in Polywork (With the other types: Normal, Deadly, Lava etc.)
-Boats/Rafts. These would be good for a lot of maps, it's basically a polygon that moves. When you hop on it, it moves in a predetermined route, determined by the map maker. This would make some interesting maps for races, and some cool D-day maps.
Don't suggest list?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:26:21 am »
For headshots, I prefer it if the option was made as Headshot=0/1 instead of having the headshot kill effect automatically when speed is 300 or greater.

Weapon pickup mode is scriptable.

The rest, F11.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:30:47 am »
I was hoping you would post here STM1993. I don't know much about scripts. One day I will learn and write one. About the polygons, You just reminded me of them in the don't suggest list.

*Slaps Self. Silly Gnoblar

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 05:37:01 am »
These are the kind of thing you should probably think about before suggesting

For all, F11

Player since late 2007

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 09:02:57 am »
Either scriptable or on the don't suggest list.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:31:01 pm »
King of the hill allready exsist as a script.
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 03:05:04 pm »
I belive the weapon pickup already exists as a script.
King of the hill as been made (I am remaking it (whenever I have time, usually never))

Do not suggest list on the other 2.

F11 on built in on first 2.

Offline Lumen-Shroom

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »
I very much like the idea of movable polygons. More realistic paratrooping/real airstrike oppertunities.