Author Topic: new game mode  (Read 1163 times)

Offline ratboy_12002

• Major(1)
new game mode
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:51:09 am »
I think soldat should have a game mode with the classic capture the flag but have 1 person who isn't on either team with a little more health and a few more weapon options. kinda like a mercenary--can help who he wants or just kill all of them. i think its a neat idea it would be just kinda hard to do in a 2-d sidecrolling shooter.
Darkness hides from the light; until darkness is ready to destroy it.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: new game mode
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:45:22 pm »
/setteam4 <player number>

Done.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:40:45 pm »
mistercharles knows what he's doing. 

What exactly did you mean by the idea can't be done in 2D?  sounds like an insult to soldat...

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:32:46 pm »
... there's hardly any difference from this and RamboMatch to qualify as another gamemode

Offline colby

• Major(1)
  • party time!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 12:45:41 am »
... there's hardly any difference from this and RamboMatch to qualify as another gamemode
yeah really
favorite weapons: Styer, and Ruger

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:29:29 pm »

Done.
Yes, but if you're not admin you can't do this <sorry if I'm wrong>

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:01:54 pm »

Done.
Yes, but if you're not admin you can't do this <sorry if I'm wrong>

Even if there's no admin available, I'm sure it could easily be scripted to run automatically. Sounds like a bit of a messy gamemode though... having different people have different objectives.

Offline papercut

• Camper
  • Soldat ingame name = 40oz Casualtie
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 09:41:11 pm »
Yeah its a cool game mode, but it's so easy to reproduce to the extent that it isn't quite worth adding it as a new game mode. What's also nice is how Team3's (Charlie/Yellow) and Team 4's (Delta/Green) players are spawned at random spawn points, including health, grenades and bonus powerup spawn points, so you kinda do get spawned toward the middle of the map. All teams will try to kill you, and you can carry both team flags simultaneously and make their CTF game a living hell.

It's good fun, but I can tell that doing this to real players would really piss them off. It's like stealing the basketball net from the basketball players. Fun for yourself, but the basketballers would rip your head off.

Fun to give it a shot.
<The SoldatForums Applauder>
"I use the Spreyr AUG. :)"