Author Topic: I/O error 103  (Read 2081 times)

Offline sup

• Major(1)
I/O error 103
« on: July 25, 2010, 05:30:22 am »
It was final countdown to opening the server and ... 103 error became. Do not know how to fix it. Any sugestions?

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
Re: I/O error 103
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:13:42 am »
Code of that script would be helpful...

Offline sup

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:44:58 am »
Okey there`s the code.

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:28:32 am »
Works for me :O
OK, my help range doesn't go farther than that.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:09:35 am »
Sometimes reading or writing to a non-existent file path (including missing directories) gives me strange IO errors. It may not necessarily be your Standard script. Check to make sure all the scripts are reading and writing to existing paths (writing to a non-existing file is fine though, as it creates the file). At least that is one cause that I can only think of off hand.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:14:40 am »
this is an interesting one to fix - let's follow through some debugging:
1) comment out your entire code (by putting { at the beginning, and } at the end) and run your server.
2) Disable your script by renaming the Includes.txt file temporarily.  Now, nothing should be compiling.  Run your server again.
3) Open server.ini and set Scripting=0.  See if you still crash running your server.
4) Run soldatserver.exe directly with Admin privilege by right-cliking it and clicking Run as administrator (or whatever it says) - if it opens and disappears immediately it crashed.

Tell us what worked (if anything) of these 4 steps.  Also tell us how you normally start your server.  I personally create a file called "server.bat" and edit it in notepad to contain the line "soldatserver.exe" (without quotes) - how do you start your server normally?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline sup

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 03:44:25 am »
Problem solved. I had to change name of file script in Includes.txt from Standard.pas to STANDARD.PAS.