Author Topic: Server passwords not working  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Spryte

• Major(1)
Server passwords not working
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:41 am »
I don't know if this is just an isolated problem for me or if anyone else has experienced it..

but essentially I'll try to host a game with some of my friends with a password on and people can still get in. I've also tried just reducing how many people are allowed in it but people can still get in. Its really annoying when we're trying to have a private game and constantly being interrupted--

Is there a fix to this?

Oh this is for 1.6.4.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Re: Server passwords not working
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:44:45 am »
Hmm, for me the limits work without problems. I don't know about passwords though. I'll give it a try in the evening.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:43:43 am »
I have no similar problems with my servers, are you hosting them yourself or..?
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Spryte

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 09:47:53 am »
Yeah like a quick game, not a dedicated server.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »
It might be bug then in the Windows version of the server. It might be also that I'm telling lies.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:43 am »
Which server do you run? Windows/Linux/OSX? soldatserver_legacy or soldatserver?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Spryte

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:09 am »
Windows. I'm only running the server through soldat.exe. To be clear, I setup the game manually by selecting Internet and clicking register in lobby servers then starting game where you can play with bots. My friends will then request server in the Join Game tab with password in place to get in. Thing is, we've tested without the password and they can still get in.