Author Topic: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread  (Read 772223 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread
« Reply #6000 on: May 06, 2011, 10:38:58 am »
Your actions in the Soldat community don't have female recipients to compare or contrast with.

Exactly, that's my point. It's me occasionally being a tool to numerous guys with next to nothing in return, aside from the satisfaction that I get out of helping people.

Yeah, you're totally right, that must be exactly the same thing.  Well, except for all of the following:
1) The things that you do for the Soldat people are things that they are not obligated to do.  You're writing new server code (or whatever) because if you don't, no one will.  Contrast with your current situation, where if you don't do the girls' homework, someone still will have to (ideally them).
2) The things you do for the Soldat people will be appreciated by them.  They're getting a service above and beyond what they could've expected in normal circumstances.  Contrast with the girls, who are totally using you, and, if you refused, would get someone else to do it without a second thought.  You're an expendable resource to them.
3) Soldat is free software, and free software thrives only because of contributions like yours.  That's the dynamic; that's how things work.  The girls want you to do their work, which is counter-productive for them (and you), and it's NOT how school works.  Collaboration is fine; outsourcing is not.
4) Helping Soldat helps you.  You're putting programming skills to good use, you're developing your talents, and you're quite possibly getting resume material out of it.  Helping the girls does nothing for you, and does less for them.
5) The Soldat community DOESN'T MAKE YOU CRY when people ask you about them.

Dude, you know you're being used.  Stop it, and stop trying to justify it.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6001 on: May 06, 2011, 11:35:19 am »
jrgp, all kidding aside, take it from someone who's been there: If you really want to help people, teach them, and if they refuse, teach them, forcibly, how to help themselves before asking others for "help".
If they still refuse, walk away. Be kind, but not naive.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
b&

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #6002 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »
jrgp, all kidding aside

For what it's worth, I was never kidding.  My roommate is exactly like jrgp in this regard, and it really does bother me.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6003 on: May 06, 2011, 02:00:45 pm »
jrgp, all kidding aside

For what it's worth, I was never kidding.  My roommate is exactly like jrgp in this regard, and it really does bother me.

I meant my kidding :/
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6004 on: May 06, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »
Your actions in the Soldat community don't have female recipients to compare or contrast with.

Exactly, that's my point. It's me occasionally being a tool to numerous guys with next to nothing in return, aside from the satisfaction that I get out of helping people.

Yeah, you're totally right, that must be exactly the same thing.  Well, except for all of the following:
1) The things that you do for the Soldat people are things that they are not obligated to do.  You're writing new server code (or whatever) because if you don't, no one will.  Contrast with your current situation, where if you don't do the girls' homework, someone still will have to (ideally them).
2) The things you do for the Soldat people will be appreciated by them.  They're getting a service above and beyond what they could've expected in normal circumstances.  Contrast with the girls, who are totally using you, and, if you refused, would get someone else to do it without a second thought.  You're an expendable resource to them.
3) Soldat is free software, and free software thrives only because of contributions like yours.  That's the dynamic; that's how things work.  The girls want you to do their work, which is counter-productive for them (and you), and it's NOT how school works.  Collaboration is fine; outsourcing is not.
4) Helping Soldat helps you.  You're putting programming skills to good use, you're developing your talents, and you're quite possibly getting resume material out of it.  Helping the girls does nothing for you, and does less for them.
5) The Soldat community DOESN'T MAKE YOU CRY when people ask you about them.

Dude, you know you're being used.  Stop it, and stop trying to justify it.

Thanks, man. All that stuff really means a lot.

Anyways, I totally told that b***h off via txts earlier. (I have an android app that syncs my text messages with gmail, which is where I'm pasting this from) And trav is her bf.

Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM
To: elena

I don't really feel like doing any more work for you, btw. I'm sure trav would be more than willing if you.. make his day.
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:09 AM
To: jrgpmaster@gmail.com

Why :(
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Lets just say im tired of feeling like a tool. And there's stuff I'd rather be doing anyway.
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Dang man....
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM

..ask Travis?
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Can you at least finish what you started?
----------
Date: Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:30 AM

No.
There are other worlds than these

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6005 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:24 pm »
No offense, jrgp, but what kind of a sloppy geek are you?
You don't tell bitches off via texts! You tell them in their face!
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6006 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6007 on: May 06, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »
No offense, jrgp, but what kind of a sloppy geek are you?
You don't tell b***hes off via texts! You tell them in their face!

I considered doing it, but all her friends were around her and she was completely ignoring me as it was. I didn't feel like walking up to her and pissing everyone off.

and thanks dc

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6008 on: May 06, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »
Oh, in that case, sorry mate, I owe you an apology.
Anyways, couldn't you wait until she was alone? Or she the type that's under the spotlight 24/7?
b&

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6009 on: May 06, 2011, 02:41:24 pm »
Anyways, couldn't you wait until she was alone? Or she the type that's under the spotlight 24/7?

np.

yeah, pretty much. if it isn't her girl friends it's her bf who claims to be jealous of me as it is

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #6010 on: May 06, 2011, 02:41:32 pm »
There you go, jrgp.  Nailed it.
Gamer_2k4

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6011 on: May 06, 2011, 02:43:47 pm »

np.

yeah, pretty much. if it isn't her girl friends it's her bf who claims to be jealous of me as it is

Seeing as empty jars like herself usually attract her own likes, I assume he has every reason to be jealous.
b&

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #6012 on: May 07, 2011, 03:36:06 am »
Grand job telling her off. Good for you, kiddo.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #6013 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:12 am »
oh boy. she sure got put in her place. shes not going to be able to recover from that from maybe even a few minutes before she remembers you arent the only nerdy kid who would be more than happy to do all her work in exchange for pretending to be their friend

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #6014 on: May 07, 2011, 10:32:30 am »
oh boy. she sure got put in her place. shes not going to be able to recover from that from maybe even a few minutes before she remembers you arent the only nerdy kid who would be more than happy to do all her work in exchange for pretending to be their friend

It's not about jrgp sticking it to the woman; it's about him sticking up for himself.  I'd say he succeeded in the regard.
Gamer_2k4

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #6015 on: May 07, 2011, 11:43:04 am »

It's not about jrgp sticking it to the woman; it's about him sticking up for himself.  I'd say he succeeded in the regard.

Succeeded minus one quarter.
b&

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #6016 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:50 pm »

to be fair i was being slightly more critical than i think he deserves seeing as hes actually doing something constructive for once

however all i was trying to say was that rather than 'sticking it to the man' or whatever accurately describes his comeback messages he should instead just have dropped the problem all together and moved on. she isnt going to care that he is giving her the finger so why bother. thats all i was trying to say

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6017 on: May 07, 2011, 10:35:21 pm »

Right, thanks.

she isnt going to care that he is giving her the finger so why bother. thats all i was trying to say

Yeah, that's why I didn't press it further.

{LAW} Gamer_2k4, I'd just like to say that beneath your love of anime and Microsoft activism, you really are a nice guy and good friend, and I'm an asshole for criticizing you for such things.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #6018 on: May 08, 2011, 02:24:36 am »
Persistent girl is persistent?

(03:12:16 AM) You feel a disturbance in the force...
(03:12:22 AM) Elena: you start something and leave it half way done.
(03:12:34 AM) Joe: it was less than half way done
(03:12:47 AM) Joe: what are you doing still up? lol
(03:13:02 AM) Elena: oh cause that makes it even better...
(03:13:15 AM) Joe: why can't travis do it?
(03:13:23 AM) Joe: did he ask you to ask me?
(03:13:35 AM) Elena: he doesnt know anything about american gvt
(03:13:36 AM) Elena: nope
(03:14:04 AM) Joe: he can't read the stuff (like you're supposed to) and do it based off that?
(03:14:17 AM) Elena: guess not
(03:14:38 AM) Joe: what a nice bf
(03:15:51 AM) Joe: and I don't know that much about american govt
(03:15:58 AM) Joe: if you were watching what I was doing I was researching it as I was writing it
(03:17:02 AM) Joe: I'm just tired of people using me for things. is that not understandable?
(03:17:09 AM) Joe: :P
(03:17:45 AM) Elena: i understand but i wasnt even using you. i was asking for some help and offered someting in reward for you.
(03:18:03 AM) Elena: and you said yes and then you just start something and leave it unfinished
(03:18:24 AM) Joe: my friends changed my mind. and comon, you're a pretty girl, you could very very easily find some other guy to do it
(03:19:04 AM) Elena: but i asked you
(03:19:23 AM) Joe: because you know I've given you work before
(03:20:31 AM) Joe: the bottom line is that I'm not going to do it for you and if you were a good student you'd do it yourself
(03:20:56 AM) Elena: k

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6019 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:35 am »
One word: Heartbreaker