Author Topic: Barrett Discussion.  (Read 26798 times)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
Re: Barrett Discussion.
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »
You want to revive all of these!?
Anyways, barrett is a camp weapon, and what there could be changed, is less startuptime. Nothing else.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »
my idea is like your but changet a bit -shorter Recoil- and -Longer Delay- i think it would be better  ;D
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »
Shorter recoil? You mean less bink?
And by delay do you mean start up time? If yes, then you're out of your mind.
And if by delay you mean reload, then that's just mad as well...
b&

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:06 am »
Barrett was just fine without the delay too, it wasn't really as bad as some seem to think. Try out 1.1.x :D
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011, 12:38:21 pm »
maybe yeah i dont now its to hard to hawe:
startup 1 sec,
recoill+aim 4.5sec,
and movement acc so high you cant shoot eaven someone at 20 meters vhen walking
(barrett should be changed and that a preaty big in next version!)
I'm drunk right now. I feel compelled to go to battle. This lamp in front of me has no chance. Die lamp die. Your light is gone. I have won.

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »
Not that much movementacc.. rly, don't try to make it too realistic. If something could be changed, then the startuptime
Sorry if I'm insolent.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »
I use the Barret in public CTF servers and still manage to be first with ~50-70 kills a round. How's that possible if I neither hack nor camp like a whore? It's called experience. Get some before you rant about a gun you dislike.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 01:48:17 pm »
I use the Barret in public CTF servers and still manage to be first with ~50-70 kills a round. How's that possible if I neither hack nor camp like a wh***? It's called experience. Get some before you rant about a gun you dislike.

I'd love to see you handle a pair of good auto-rushers on Ctf_Steel.
b&

DarkCrusade

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2011, 03:18:17 pm »
Don't act like any gun needs to work the same way on any map.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:52 pm »

Isn't that what balance is all about?
They don't have to work the same in situation, but they do need to be just as good as any other on all maps.
b&

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

They don't have to work the same in situation, but they do need to be just as good as any other on all maps.

This can't be achieved in any way. Consider ctf_B2b vs. ctf_Ash.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2011, 05:38:48 pm »

This can't be achieved in any way. Consider ctf_B2b vs. ctf_Ash.

I won't say a pro, so, even a decent player will be good with any weapon on any map.
I've never been below the middle of the score list of a ctf match yet, and I play with all weapons.
But then again, we do have to consider newbies and less skilled regulars.

Edit: If by that you were referring to me, then you're prejudiced again, I even lead the score boards on gathers when I'm in the right shape.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:54:24 pm by demoniac93 »
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:31 pm »
publics everywhere

DarkCrusade

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
the underclass sucks

Blog about it, will you?

I won't say a pro, so, even a decent player will be good with any weapon on any map.
I've never been below the middle of the score list of a ctf match yet, and I play with all weapons.

Different maps have different advantages and disadvantages for certain weapons.

Take CTF_B2B as an example for a map which brings great advantage to M79-users. The overall curvy map is perfect to take enemies out without direct sight. Since the middle route is very straight, a camper in the right-hand sided base can blindsnipe about everything moving on that route (60-120 metres). 

Or take CTF_Ash as another example. The tunnels are really narrow, so MP5- and Spas-users have a great advantage, because enemies always are close enough to deal devastating damage within seconds. On the other hand, Ruger-users are facing problems, because they cannot take advantage of  the Ruger's range which is no problem for Barret-users since one shot means one kill.

Long story short: arguing that a good player will play with the same success with the same gun on any map is plain stupid. Or did I get you wrong?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »
the underclass sucks

Blog about it, will you?

Different maps have different advantages and disadvantages for certain weapons.

Take CTF_B2B as an example for a map which brings great advantage to M79-users. The overall curvy map is perfect to take enemies out without direct sight. Since the middle route is very straight, a camper in the right-hand sided base can blindsnipe about everything moving on that route (60-120 metres). 

Or take CTF_Ash as another example. The tunnels are really narrow, so MP5- and Spas-users have a great advantage, because enemies always are close enough to deal devastating damage within seconds. On the other hand, Ruger-users are facing problems, because they cannot take advantage of  the Ruger's range which is no problem for Barret-users since one shot means one kill.

Long story short: arguing that a good player will play with the same success with the same gun on any map is plain stupid. Or did I get you wrong?

No you didn't, but players adapt to certain maps, and then narrow down their activity to those specific places where they have the advantage.
It's called habit, DC :p
b&

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 02:26:19 pm »
I use the Barret in public CTF servers and still manage to be first with ~50-70 kills a round. How's that possible if I neither hack nor camp like a wh***? It's called experience. Get some before you rant about a gun you dislike.

And?... not evryone got time to be a pro i play when i got time and im not the best if you are a newbie or someone who dont play good or long enough evry weapon is better then the barrett i play with it since i version 1.3.2 i think but evry time i get a ak mp5 aug i get a better score cause its easier to frag just run and ''spray''(and im a barret user)

maybe you cant feel the barrett is underpowered cause you are to good with it ? or simply dont now what you are talking
and yeah should remove te startup
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:56:43 pm by SoldatFire »

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »
I would say that fire interval should be lessened a bit, and the same with the startup time.

e.g.
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=180
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=12
Bink=70
MovementAcc=9
Recoil=0

(I've made my own alterations to all the weapons... steyr back to 30, ak slower but more powerful, same with spas, m79 more movementacc, mp5 quicker but less strong and more movementacc etc)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:23:58 pm by thegrandmaster »
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline SoldatFire

• Soldier
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 08:26:48 am »
not bad but i hate 1 ting on barrett
you cant shoot trough 2 guys if they have both 100 hp. its making me crazy!!!
The first dies and the second get -40hp :/ and he kill's you then :(