Author Topic: The Humble "Neu Mod" 1.1  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
The Humble "Neu Mod" 1.1
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:23 pm »

Videos
Sniper and Gameplay
Gameplay 2
Ingition Flare example

Weapon Designs

Explosive Spewers:
Dual single-cluster-explosive shooters; 2 clips (in each gun) per round.

Mine Launcher:
Fires 2 grenade-mines per round; they act as sitting timed explosives or explode on gostek contact (which includes enemies walking on the mine).

Soup Cooker:
Using compression, this piece of equipment both boils and sprays soup. Serves the enemy 30 bursts.

Watermelon:
Sprays a lot of watermelon seeds. Make a watermelon-seed mountain if you like, preferably to bury your enemies in.

Molten Pew-Pew:
Uses the same mechanics as the coat hanger gun albeit with the cooling device detached (so that the molten coat hangers fall apart when fired).

Coat Hanger Gun:
This device melts down coat hangers, then uses two wheels to straighten the hanger out and send it through a cooling device [attached on the front] so that the molten hanger doesn’t fall apart when ejected. Loads up to 3 metal coat hangers.

Electromagnetic Thruster (E.M.T.):
Load up one grenade and then send it on its way using magnetism. It’s the way of the future!

Black Hole Sniper:
Do you know about the atom smasher that Europe has developed [that might possibly create a black hole that will engulf Earth]? This device is a miniaturized version of the same idea. You drop a grenade down the barrel, activate the hand-held atom smasher and it creates [and then dissolves] a black hole whiiiiich in turn generates a ton of force that you get to see when the grenade you loaded is sent blazing back out of the sniper barrel.

Bowling Ball Gun:
Do you see that small box beside the gun graphics? That box is a factory that creates [20] special clips [per round] that, when sent through the main gun, are constructing into bowling balls.

Big Nail Gun:
Pull the trigger and let ’em rip; 50 nails per round.

Ignition Flare:
Fires a single explosive flare [and only has one clip]. Made for the express purpose of strategically setting off mines; can also be used for shooting directly at enemies.

Bowling Ball Cannon:
Fires a single rocket-propelling bowling ball (that explodes on contact).

Neu Mod
-------
Version 1.0

Story:      No story.

Contents:   Modded weapons and sounds.

Comments:   New capture and bonus sounds;

Enjoy this crazy mod. I sure do.

Sincerely,
Blacksheepboy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:40:28 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
Re: The Humble "Neu Mod"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:44:33 am »
Looks like a fun mod...I'll have to try it out.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:20:39 am »
*Downloaded*  Minigun looks good.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Neu Mod, Version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:35:21 am »
Necro post.

PS. Updated from 0.7 to 1.0. This revision includes four new guns as well as about 4 new sounds. I can finally say that this mod is... well rounded. All of the weapons have their place.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:58:42 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:41:54 am »
It's almost odd how well this fits with soldat  :D  definitely a nice break from all the "gun mods" that people have been putting out these days.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 04:39:22 pm »
Defiantly one of the more creative mods out there! and of course it's underrated... Balance is great and this mod is truly fun, watching players fly across the map when they get shot with the Mine Launcher (two explosives?? awesome!). one of the mods I'll be going back to play again and again (watch out halo 3.5). Good work.

The only bad is that with all this creativity, nothing was changed for the knife and chainsaw. Something to look into.

-Vehicle Destroyer-

*Added to beta list*

I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:06:14 pm »
The knife could be a hot spoon and the chainsaw a defective coffee maker that spreads sparks, don't you think? This is a great mod and I'd love to see it completed.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
"Neu Mod" 1.1
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
How 'bout balancing out the happy gun colors with dark and scary ambient background sounds?

PS.
@Vehicle Destroyer: Your comment is sincerely appreciated.

a defective coffee maker that spreads sparks

An idea that smells good.

Version 1.1

Made bonus and flag capture sound effects. Also uploaded a 1 minute "nue mod theme" to the top post.

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
Re: The Humble "Neu Mod" 1.1
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 11:10:31 am »
Amazing! However the ussocom (flare) could be improved. Do you ever played TF2 ? Make a flare that burns the enemy like a flamethrower but with low impact damage. Or reduce the flare's stopping power AND add more bullets!

And the watermellon is... funny :P LOL'd a lot!
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 03:49:41 pm »
I have played TF2, but I never knew it had a flare weapon o.o . I'll look into reducing the flare speed within the next couple months... ): Neu mod is not a priority anymore

Yeah, this mod definitely needs maor bullets :<
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:51:41 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 08:52:48 am »
I have played TF2, but I never knew it had a flare weapon o.o . I'll look into reducing the flare speed within the next couple months... ): Neu mod is not a priority anymore

Yeah, this mod definitely needs maor bullets :<
On the Pyro upgrade you can switch your shotgun to a flare. Combine with the new axe and... touché!  ;D
If you could do the same with that uss, however...  ::)
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)