Author Topic: My avatar  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
My avatar
« on: April 25, 2007, 12:31:03 pm »
well, i changed my avatar from to I also have lighter one or batter quality one which is 23.9 kb (which is 3.9 over the size limit).

What do ya ppl think??
Text goes here...

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: My avatar
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:37:49 pm »
Save that as PNG - you'll not lose quality bou it'll be "thiner'

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:44:04 pm »
ok I did it and it is "thinner" and almost non of the quality was gone (look really close to see the difference), that's cool, thx! But how come!?!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:46:07 pm by Laser Guy »
Text goes here...

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:46:12 pm »
i like more the last but all for me are bad :P put about your likes

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:45 pm »
I like sniper guns, lots of gore and blood, and Counter Strike
Text goes here...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 02:26:52 pm »
MS paint sucks when it comes to jpg, besides jpg is designed for cameras that take huge resolution pictures with millions of colors to be low file size, while .png is: "PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a bitmapped image format that employs lossless data compression" wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png

you can look at how it compresses, but it basically keeps each pixel the same (or close) to the same color.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41:22 pm »
That mod isn't very good. This one is way better, though it's nothing compared to this mod. Oh sure, it has the sound effects, but so does every other counter-strike mod.
It would look better with transparency.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 02:43:20 pm »
ya, if I had photoshop or something :(
Text goes here...

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 02:44:52 pm »
That mod isn't very good. This one is way better, though it's nothing compared to this mod. Oh sure, it has the sound effects, but so does every other counter-strike mod.
It would look better with transparency.

the mod he has in his signatuer was the first csmod and made for version 1.2.1 if i'm correct...if he likes it, thats his point.
to me thats also the best CSmod (the one by SerialKiller) and this http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=489

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 03:09:16 pm »
You don't need photoshop. If you've paid any attention whatsoever to FLAB's signature, you'll see he plugs the photoshop-like image editor The GIMP. That's what I used to make my smexy avatar and signature. And I even feel l33t for using it.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50:57 am »
i have gimp 2 but I DON"T KNOW HOW TO USE IT TO MAKE GIFS AND ONE OF THE SIDE PANNELS DISAPPEARED...
Text goes here...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 02:26:14 pm »
i have gimp 2 but I DON"T KNOW HOW TO USE IT TO MAKE GIFS AND ONE OF THE SIDE PANNELS DISAPPEARED...
Use the gimp normally, open your image and go to Dialogs and select "Layers" this makes it easy to manage your frames, what you want to do is make each layer a frame in your animation then save it as a .gif and select the "save as animation" option.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 02:29:57 pm »
ok, and what about the side pannel that disppeared (the right one)
Text goes here...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 02:44:05 pm »
ok, and what about the side pannel that disppeared (the right one)
at first I wasn't quite sure what exactly you are talking about, but in the main Gimp thingy, when you select a tool below it gives you options for that tool (for example, selecting the brush will give you brush options below that dock.) if this is what you are talking about here is how to solve it:

What I am sure you did was click the little |X| that's fine, all you need to do is open a new image (doesn't matter what) and go to Dialogs and select "tool options" now you have another window open that you might not want, move your mouse over the top portion (of the options not the windows bar)  you will get a finger pointing, click and drag over to your main gimp screen and there is a little bar separating the tools at the top and the empty space, scroll over that and you can drop the tool options back in their default place.