Author Topic: Agility  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Raf the Ripper

• Major(1)
Agility
« on: July 25, 2006, 04:12:42 pm »
I'm an honest rifle-user. I shoot, dodge, spray and flee when needed. But there's something I've noticed amongst the instant-kill weapon crowds.

They're too slow.

With the Steyr, I've always had to maneuver around to keep untouched, to get a good angle and to close the distance quickly. Those who tote M79's and Barrets seem to lack the same reflexive capabilities as machinegun users. They almost never use cover, they do not roll on the ground and they completely panic if their one and only shot misses when I'm bearing down on them. They're about as agile as flipper-less dolphins.

Why must they be so slow?

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
Re: Agility
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:21:14 pm »
Their legs don't work properly because they spend most of their time lying down.

I guess they're just a bit too confident with their one-hit kill weapons, so they just stand there and shoot rather than moving around a lot, so they just don't get used to the agile movements that become more natural to auto users.

Of course, this isn't true in many cases, but I see it a lot. I agree, they can be lazy.  ::)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 04:46:51 pm »
I would say the majority of Soldat players are auto users.

Now, take into account how many noobs you've seen standing in the middle of a map firing their guns into the air and actually getting kills... Not very agile eh?

Good m79ers are extremely agile - they have to be, or else if they're caught in the reload - screwed.

Barreters aren't necessarily as agile, but some outstanding players are. The good barreters have an eagle eye and will pick you out from nowhere.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 05:34:19 pm »
lol, i dance!

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 05:55:27 pm »
Ahaha, nice Air. I myself am crazy, at least in non R/S I know I am, when it comes to speed. Although I'm not always the most efficient going across maps, when I bear down on someone I zig-zag towards them and go nuts, I learned this like said above, from an auto(HK MP5 1.2.1), and now that it has been nerfed, I have adapted this rushing skill with the Desert Eagles.

I agree with the statement said above, however fully fledged Barreters know how to play passive, use their nades, and back up weapon efficiently.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 07:52:13 pm »
I am agile with any of my weapons. I don't camp with Barrett, I simply crouch really quickly when someone comes along far away, fire, and continue on. Unfortunately, when I'm hopping across the map, I sometimes hit walls, hills, etc. and I get killed because I stop suddenly. >:(

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Noz

• Major(1)
  • Barretard
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:45 pm »
Well, it's pretty much because most new players use either the M79 or barret when they first start playing as it has an illusion of ease when compared to other guns (any lucky or close-range shot garners a kill after all). It takes some time before one learns the nuances of movement in Soldat, at which point most players switch to a weapon that will kill more people than either the M79 or barret can.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 11:35:20 pm »
heheh, its fun to take advantage of this:

A berret shot flys by, nearly hitting me, but missing. At this moment, the berreter should be running back getting out of my AK range while waiting for his gun to work. But no. As I keep charging I see him in a bush, completely not moving, I put 1 round into him, binking him to berret hell, and he fires. It misses, and still he stays still. Thats when I am right on him, and I do a backflip over him so Im behind him, now to get me he has to stand up and turn around, but hes stoopid, he doesnt want to, and he just kinda flops. he stands up turns and flops back to being layed down, I put 2 or 3 more rounds into him, having fun now. And finally he gives up and runs. But now hes easy pikings.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:30:26 am »
Im a sniper and i DO use cover whenever i can, and if my one shot misses, yes i do retreet and try to hide to reload.

Offline Extacide

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 03:42:16 am »
- Majority of the soldat population uses OSK's.

- Majority of the actually decent players use autos.

If you're seeing snipers and m79'ers with inept movement, you're most likely seeing this in public servers. Once you get into scrimming with the, "In-Crowd" of soldat, you'll see that its alot different.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:47:11 am by Extacide »
~Heroes may come and go, but legends will never die~

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 08:47:14 am »
Yeah, I think your perception of weapon users' agility is probably skewed due to one-hits being the weapon of course for new players who really don't bother to move around or even switch to a secondary. Both the M79 and Barret require movement to eat up time during reloads. Good Barret users will prone to correct for its tremendous self-bink, which a new player won't do. Good M79 users will use momentum, speed, and the layout of the environment to boost a shot to the target when needed instead of relying solely on point blank kamikaze kills. It really depends on who you play.

Offline Dunce

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 10:33:10 am »
When i use either the M79 or the HK-MP5, im always moving around.

However i do notice how some M79'ers stand, crouch, even prone in one spot, and move around very little.

Offline Wunderbear

• Major(1)
  • He's Mad!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 02:26:38 pm »
My agility consists of flailing around firing my MP5, then when i've run out of ammo, run up to the enemy with a grenade. If not for the kill, then just for a laugh. :D

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 04:20:30 am »
Yeah you seem to get more frantic and hyper when using a auto..... :P

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 06:17:32 am »
Agility is a very effective friend to the MP5, I find.

Having done a few climbing maps, I consider myself fairly agile, although sometimes annoyingly prone to mistakes.

Offline BooBoo McBad

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 07:47:59 am »
heheh, its fun to take advantage of this:

A berret shot flys by, nearly hitting me, but missing. At this moment, the berreter should be running back getting out of my AK range while waiting for his gun to work. But no. As I keep charging I see him in a bush, completely not moving, I put 1 round into him, binking him to berret hell, and he fires. It misses, and still he stays still. Thats when I am right on him, and I do a backflip over him so Im behind him, now to get me he has to stand up and turn around, but hes stoopid, he doesnt want to, and he just kinda flops. he stands up turns and flops back to being layed down, I put 2 or 3 more rounds into him, having fun now. And finally he gives up and runs. But now hes easy pikings.

It's funny because it's true!

Offline Spectral

• Major(1)
  • hawt azn
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:03:39 am »
when using m79 I usually try to have cover in case I miss and thus and often capable to dodge harm's way when i miss

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 10:38:45 am »
I play by keeping my eyes on the target, I know most maps like the back of my hand so I'm constantly moving while attacking and I can manuever fairly well.

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 11:28:14 am »
I'm really agile. I dodge close range barret shots. I can even survive several autos ATLEAST the time it takes to reload barret.

My first trick is to jump up immediately after I notice that I missed. If the enemy is coming near the ground instead of jetting I'll do a backflip. These both give me a superior position to drop a nade or my knife at him.

When I use the mp5 (One of my favourite autos) I'll move really speedily too.

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 03:50:36 pm »
Being able to move quickly and master the movement of Soldat is helpful in general. I've learned in a lot of games, rushing and surprise work well, as players tend to rely on normal, standard behavior and base their tactics and movements on it. In other words, they aren't ready by the time you are already pumping lead into their brains.
[MpS]P00pSmith