Author Topic: Flag-Rush : Slaughter your team for the Prize  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Flag-Rush : Slaughter your team for the Prize
« on: January 18, 2007, 11:46:43 pm »
All this new game-type makn' (see below or above Avarax post for details) has got me all upity. So, without further ado, my concept for a Flag-Rush mode.

Every mode ever made will pit you against your enemies. This way, you can count on your allies and your enemies; both will play their parts.

Not in this mode. Every person is 'on' your team; they have your colour and share your chat channel. But when the only thing that differs each one from the other is a dull game things start to get interesting.

The main idea for this mode is to grab the flag from the Pedestal and drop down to the floor, where you search around for the red flag. Because there are platforms between the flag and the floor, I'm hoping much backstabbing and intercepting will occur. But hey, give the game a shot in ctf and gimme some critique :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:37:28 am by Raithah »

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
Re: Flag-Rush : Slaughter your team for the Prize
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:21:08 am »
It looks fun ;D Why do you always insist on having the grid on your OVs :P And putting spaces in between your "?"'s and "!"'s :P
Post a d/l link to the map?

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:46:23 am »
I am not sure if i get it.  you are all on one team, you go for the flag and you cap it?

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:07 am »
Yeah, and you teamkill your teammates in the process, thus the whole point of the game.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:36:52 am »
Thank you Ultraman (btw, cool name); that's exactly what I was thinking. You slaughter your buddies, backstabbing and that stuff, to cap the flag and be the best in the server. If I had the ability to do so, it'd also have a script that announces the person with the most caps at the end of each round as an official count of who won and who lost.

Yes I insist on a grid in my OV's and spacing my exclaimation marks and question marks. That's just what makes my annoying posts special, y'know ;)

Updating post w/map.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:29:48 pm »
Yay, now I can have fun tk'ing the bots ;D

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:54:02 pm »
.. that raises two related questions.

One, is that I'm wondering if someone could waypoint this map. I can't waypoint at all so this would be much appreciated. Secondly, is how to get teammate bots to shoot each other :~?