• Sotija
Re: Autos.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 01:30:36 pm »
It depents like what Avarax sayed.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 01:33:22 pm »
Oh by the way, my favourite is Minigun, but tards like you stereotype it, making it now a "noob" weapon, and that only newbs and bewbs may use it. YOU DIDNT EVEN PUT IT UP >:(

The minigun has no accuracy at all, does little damage, and has hilariously long reload. With skill, you could be somewhat good with that weapon. But it will limit you from becoming a very good opponent. It has too many drawbacks. And the reason I didn't mention it is because a lot of servers don't even allow it.

I have been using the AK for a while and I liked it. Then I somehow switched to the HK MP5 and I found it better. Ofcourse it all depends on the situation. It just made a good first impression on me, and I stuck with it, completly ignoring its disadvantages. The HK kills very fast, it takes less then a second to kill. Has very fast reload. But then I noticed that I was being completly owned by other players at long ranges. Smart players stayed away from me and shot from afar, even on small maps they managed to keep a fair distance. I could do very little. So I thought maybe its time to change my weapon of choice. I picked up the Minimi. From what I've seen, it seems to be just as powerful as the AK, maybe an extra bullet to kill. But it does shoot faster. It seems to me like the Minimi is better than the Ak in all aspects. The long reload doesn't even matter. It has a gigantic clip. If you get good with it, you can kill about 4-5 opponents without having to reload. You can just hide behind a box or stay close to one of your teamates while you reload.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 01:47:55 pm »
This is just my personal preference, I don't think there's necessarily the best auto: they are supposed to be balanced.

Anyway, Steyr is my choice. It has been my most used weapon for 1½ year or so. I like the curve of the bullets, it has a nice range and is fairly fast. 30 bullets is enough to take out opponent(s) and the reload isn't too slow or anything.

AE/DragonSlayer

iTakeYourHamsters

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 01:59:00 pm »
I definitely choose the Steyr AUG out of all of them. It has a fast reload, moderate damage, and pretty good range. The spraying off all those bullets really throws the victim off and headshots with it aren't too hard.

Offline soldatrev

• Major(1)
  • Get rich, Or die getting more rich.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 02:41:34 pm »
I like minigun, Even though most of the time I don't use it I still think it can be a very good gun if you use it properly. So after I read people saying how it does barley any damage, I decided to check. And found out that you have to shoot it a certain way so that the person you are shooting at is in the middle of all your bullets, So like don't try to make direct contact with the miniguns bullets, More like spray and it is alot more effective and drains peoples life's quick. Here is an example:

http://www.esnips.com/webfolder/86a7c730-3f3e-48b4-bbd2-324fd9d5f53a/?refresh=1

It is minigun against FN Minimi. Also the 100 bullets make up for the long reload (Even  though the reload is only a tad bit longer than the FN minimi..

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 02:44:23 pm »
Much easier to pop 6 headshots with the AK.
o/

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 02:55:47 pm »
Oh by the way, my favourite is Minigun, but tards like you stereotype it, making it now a "noob" weapon, and that only newbs and bewbs may use it. YOU DIDNT EVEN PUT IT UP >:(

How can you stereotype a gun??

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:45 pm »
Apparently, like that. :P
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Darth

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 05:30:19 am »
lol. If I had to choose a weapon apart from the MP5 I would go with either the Steyr AUG or the AK. I usually pick one of those depending on my mood (Whe I'm not using the Barret ofcourse!)

Offline Storm Soldieras

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 05:40:02 am »
Yeah, the AUG is pretty good, contradicting my previous statement

iTakeYourHamsters

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2006, 07:00:28 am »
The best gun to use during playing pretty much depends on the situation. Seriously.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2006, 07:03:30 am »
Like Avarax said, it depends on the situation. BUT if i have to choose one, it'd be the MP5. Insanely fast reload, good power.

Offline The_Teacher

• Major
  • Only the saw is unstained from filthy blood!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2006, 11:51:40 am »
Seem to be pretty even poll, good auto balance?

Anyway, I kinda like minimi, high ammo, good damge, good accuracy.
I'd hate to use it.

of course, the number one will always be minigyn. That gun is ALWAYS useful.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:02:48 pm by The_Teacher »
My aim sucks.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2006, 06:13:07 pm »
Dudes, look what I've found. http://yms.vertigogaming.net/soldat/weapons.htm. Has anyone else seen this? Is this guide for 1.3.1? It tells you the exact amount of time each weapon takes to kill, etc. According to it, the Minimi is the fastest killing weapon.

5th_account

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2006, 06:43:14 pm »
The guide is assuming all shots fired hit the head at zero range, which is stupid.

Offline Major Lee Stupid

• Major(1)
  • eJit - A new kind of idiot
Minigun
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 09:30:57 pm »
Minimi but only if you bada-bada-bada on the mouse button to stop it spraying.   I do agree that just holding the button down on the whole 50 mag is kinda lame as the shots could go anywhere if you don't fire them separately.   I nearly always use it that way and when some guy still accused me of being a "sprayer noob".   I told him straight.  "It's not the spraying you don't like bud ....It's the aiming".   Many rofl's all round.   Really if someone keeps hitting you over and over with a minimi there is a dab-dab-dab technique going on there and the only noob is the player who can't recognise that signature because they haven't worked out how to use the gun properly themselves.

Even the downside of the minimi is amusing.   Part of the "fun" is that it reloads so slow you have to run like hell when it runs out.  Viva la extra excitement!   At least its balanced.

Heh one last thing - A chainsaw freak came at me and I let rip with the whole lot at him from close range.   He was only like 4 mm away on the screen but the gun's fire rate physically pushed him back so he couldn't get the chain blade on me even tho he was real close.   It was like watching a mime walking against a blizzard!   He saw the funny side tho and we both gave it a big lol when he eventually crapped out about 1 mm short.

Date Posted: August 19, 2006, 10:22:43 PM
Just thought I would say the minigun is an OK jetpack for crossing maps fast or defying gravity.   I think its a bit lame beyond that as you have little to shoot with when you reach the destination.  ...Nades, knives and the "pea shooter" before the gun itself.

Can allow you to raid against impossible odds if the timing is right.   But hey - I guess I'm discussing it more as a toolkit than an auto weapon - which was the question.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 09:31:04 pm »
I would choose the minigun, but instead i chose the minimi....

I a spray tard.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2006, 09:31:42 pm »
What Avarax said, it depends on the situation.

MP5 for small maps like Nuubia, RatCave, Arena, etc.

Ak is an all-rounder. I use it on HH, that map has both close quarters and a large area in the middle-top section. I always seem to do better with Ak there than anywhere else. :-\

Minimi for large maps Run, Shau, Rok, etc. It's a great weapon but it is so underappreciated. :(

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline jee

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2006, 08:23:13 pm »
Why is the minigun not a choice? Are you saying it isn't an auto?

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006, 08:29:25 pm »
The Minigun is an auto, but its the auto's crazy uncle that they keep in the basement..

Burning scarfs since 1988