Poll

Do you like the idea?

Yes!
No!

Author Topic: Karma suggestion  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Karma suggestion
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 06:23:04 pm »
... jrgp has -100 karma now. maybe someone with karma that low gets like 10 for each applaud until they are back to like -50, because there isn't much he could do to redeem himself...
Exactly what I'm thinking. Is it possible, FLAB? :) I haven't heard you comment on such a mod as of yet.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 07:15:39 pm »
If it is possible, it'd require muddling around with 'the code'. If its important it'll be in the pipeline... but if I was them, i'd be waiting for a lot of support on an idea that seems plausible to work.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 07:30:42 pm »
It was always my opinion that the karma system was a nice new feature.

But lately I've been looking at peoples negative 4 million Karmas and thinking, "hey, that guy is a douchebag because his karma is low". It's really showing a lot of negativity on the forums.

Instead of a new workaround, I think a decent idea would be to just reset the whole thing. Everybody has had their fun smiting Dascoo and jrgp, but now I think we should start using the system constructively and give them another chance.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 07:37:02 pm »
... jrgp has -100 karma now. maybe someone with karma that low gets like 10 for each applaud until they are back to like -50, because there isn't much he could do to redeem himself...
Exactly what I'm thinking. Is it possible, FLAB? :) I haven't heard you comment on such a mod as of yet.
OR if he gets smited while hes at -100, instead of it turning into -101, it would stay -100. So the smite would be .5 instead of 1. It would take 2 smites for it to be a full smite. And as his smite level got higher, it would take more smites for it to be complete smite.