Author Topic: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread  (Read 776984 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread
« Reply #2220 on: November 10, 2007, 11:46:17 am »
haircut + Big Shades sadist, Big shades

Aye! Otherwise go for rockstarshades.. Like the mirror ones that Johnny Knoxville have. Damn, you'll look awesome!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #2221 on: November 10, 2007, 12:34:50 pm »
I bet you can pull off a Buddy Holly look, Sadist, considering you killed John Lennon once again.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #2222 on: November 10, 2007, 02:11:22 pm »
Just wear contact lenses...

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2223 on: November 10, 2007, 02:39:52 pm »
Nah. With his skinny looks a pair of wide shades or a pair of glasses that's really marked would do wonders.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2224 on: November 10, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »

I tried that. They're so damned annoying, bleh. Plus I don't really need shades considering that I've got those fancy transitions lenses on my glasses.

I bet you can pull off a Buddy Holly look, Sadist, considering you killed John Lennon once again.

hahahaha

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #2225 on: November 10, 2007, 07:38:00 pm »

I tried that. They're so damned annoying, bleh. Plus I don't really need shades considering that I've got those fancy transitions lenses on my glasses.
Just takes a lil' bit getting used to. But looking at your picture, maybe some good looking glasses would suit you better than having no glasses.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2226 on: November 10, 2007, 07:41:29 pm »
yeah.. and that fancy automatic shading thing(I assume that's what you were referring to, SAH) is really only for old people..

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #2227 on: November 10, 2007, 07:55:33 pm »
yeah.. and that fancy automatic shading thing(I assume that's what you were referring to, SAH) is really only for old people..
Heey... I have transition lenses, too. :(

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2228 on: November 10, 2007, 07:56:34 pm »
I'm sorry.. It's just how it is! Unwritten rules..

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2229 on: November 10, 2007, 08:52:47 pm »

The eye doctor didn't give me a choice in the matter >.>

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #2230 on: November 10, 2007, 09:27:45 pm »
Eh. I have glasses, but only wear them when I need'em... which is typically only in school.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2231 on: November 11, 2007, 02:27:58 am »
I've been fecking around with the camera non-stop, which has resulted in these:

My mask collection so far
My friend Beast and Chik-fil-a
Lapis Lazuli
I live in a very old house

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2232 on: November 11, 2007, 03:29:50 am »
I like the Lapis Lazuli one.. The one with you frined's food just loooks disgusting :D

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2233 on: November 11, 2007, 03:37:39 am »
I like the Lapis Lazuli one.. The one with you frined's food just loooks disgusting :D

Yeah :D He gave me the funniest look after I took that picture

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2234 on: November 11, 2007, 03:57:10 am »
Haha.. Great. He reminds me of Silent Bob.

(Not the guy on the back of the bike)

Offline Melbanana

• Major
« Reply #2235 on: November 11, 2007, 05:53:09 am »
The curtain (?) on the left in the stone pic is a bit distracting, and the focus could be a bit sharper on the actual motive (stone).

I have to say that I - although a bit trendwhorish - really like the picture with the old lock. The parallel lines in the picture are very easy on the eye, but I think a larger depth of field could have improved the image alot.

Oh and your friend's expression is priceless. I really like it because it looks dynamic + the poster on the wall provides some nice colours.

By the way, are you shooting in RAW? You really should consider not just shooting straight to JPEG, as in RAW format, the camera wont compress the image at all, and leaves you alot more options to fix up on photos on the computer ;)

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2236 on: November 11, 2007, 06:06:07 am »
although a bit trendwhorish

Trendwhorish? >.> I hope my style of photography isn't becoming a trend nowadays

(I) really like the picture with the old lock. The parallel lines in the picture are very easy on the eye, but I think a larger depth of field could have improved the image alot.

Oh and your friend's expression is priceless. I really like it because it looks dynamic + the poster on the wall provides some nice colours.

Thanks. I was surprised that the picture of my friend turned out to be focused well, considering it was just my reaction to take a photo. And yeah, I didn't realized that the lock was a bit out of focus until the picture was uploaded on my PC- but I'm fairly satisfied with it. I really just wanted the end part of the lock where it's sort of rusted and slightly painted over to be the focal point of the picture. To give it that "damn that house is old" feel.

By the way, are you shooting in RAW? You really should consider not just shooting straight to JPEG, as in RAW format, the camera wont compress the image at all, and leaves you alot more options to fix up on photos on the computer ;)

I usually shoot in RAW, but since today was merely just me messing around with a few friends and my camera, it'd be better to stick to JPEG considering my memory card is only 2 gigs. RAW + 10 megapixels = insane file size :(

Oh, and I appreciate your criticism. Good criticism is hard to come by these days.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #2237 on: November 11, 2007, 11:49:49 am »
Trendwhorish? >.> I hope my style of photography isn't becoming a trend nowadays

The only thing that can't be considered trendy in photography is extreme experimental photography, which is actually turning into a bit of a trend as well. Don't strive too much to be unique, but don't blatantly copy others either.

On another note, I am in need of a new camera. I'm thinking about this, but suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #2238 on: November 11, 2007, 03:41:12 pm »

The only thing that can't be considered trendy in photography is extreme experimental photography, which is actually turning into a bit of a trend as well. Don't strive too much to be unique, but don't blatantly copy others either.

On another note, I am in need of a new camera. I'm thinking about this, but suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I guess all photography is becoming trendy nowadays. Sad.

As for your camera, the 30D is pretty good, but at that price I wouldn't buy it. It seems from my slightly limited knowledge that the XTi has it beat; XTi's 10 megapixels over the 30D's 8mp, and the fact that the kit doesn't seem to come with any memory card like the kit I bought does.

Plus, both kits come with the same 18-55mm lens, so you'll basically be taking the same pictures with both, although at slightly higher res if you choose the XTi.

Hope I helped.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #2239 on: November 11, 2007, 05:04:34 pm »
Got bored enough to take pictures of my room.

From my bathroom door

From my door

From my bed

For some reason my sister turned on the time/date snap on the camera and didn't even set it right... so pay no attention to the dates.
@ii