Author Topic: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread  (Read 775364 times)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
Re: Official Soldat Forums Picture Thread
« Reply #3860 on: March 27, 2009, 03:43:29 pm »
I was like on my first few days its a loud metal clanging its pretty horrible, but man, it doesn't even phase me anymore.

We use a tractor for our ball collecting, not a cart. The tractor is so uncomfortable, the "hydraulics" in the seat went out, so insted of a nice swooshy seat you are left with an angry and bouncy ride (it WILL make you scream "OH GOD MY FUCKING ASSHOLE!").

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3861 on: March 28, 2009, 12:30:29 pm »
It's pretty funny. When you ride in the cart, it makes you feel depressed.

But whe you're the one who's swinging towards the cart, you feel happy and satisfied.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #3862 on: March 28, 2009, 06:24:35 pm »
Someone unbiased who looks for understanding, not just a quick answer.

Those are horribly vague standards.
wrong thread man.

...lol

EDIT:

Rai, how much they pay you per ball?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:28:42 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3863 on: March 29, 2009, 01:04:01 pm »
I get an hourly wage mang.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3864 on: March 29, 2009, 01:58:16 pm »
I get an hourly wage mang.
so why are you working so hard?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3865 on: March 29, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »
Probably because god hates me.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #3866 on: March 29, 2009, 04:50:22 pm »
Probably because god hates me.
That's no way for an Christian to live.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #3867 on: March 29, 2009, 06:08:24 pm »
And yet you have a real deep voice regardless of your looking! :o

According to echo_trail I sound black O.o

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3868 on: March 29, 2009, 06:17:44 pm »

He's danish, he hasn't seen anyone darker than a ginger kid.

Oops.. nevermind :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:06:11 am by echo_trail »
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #3869 on: March 29, 2009, 06:21:49 pm »

You do sound pretty black actually. I'm more interested in hearing stories about your incestuous tractor rides

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3870 on: March 29, 2009, 08:00:00 pm »

Oh, where to begin on this mystical carriage.

First of all, its bright ass fucking orange..

Its also a diesel and a stick shift, though we are not allowed to take it out of first gear because the trans fucked, for this reason we also cannot reverse. Parking this back in its spot is horrible (you have a narrow path to do a full 180 degree turn) and you can't mess up or you are BONED.

To start it we have to turn this little knob backwords and hold it for about 30 secs (it also releases fumes of something) and then we crank it forward and PRAY that it starts. If it does not start we repeat the process, the fumes get pretty strong if it decides to not start.

We put it in cruise control that way we don't have to hold the gas pedal, the gas pedal is right by your foot. If you accidentally tap the gas pedal the tractor will go mach 5 and probably fuck up one of the baskets inside of the giant rollers that collects the balls (in that case you have to put the tractor in neutral and fix the basket, unless you are in the middle of the field).

The driving range is about 275 x 350 yards, its full of little bumps, massive hills, and small holes. The seat is made of PLASTIC, and covered in a trash bag. It is also a bit broken, in an office chair you can use the pressurized gas to go up or down, and ensure a smooth seat. This things gas packet/hydraulics is completely shot, whenever you hit one of those small bumps or anything you bounce up and down. This hurts a ton because there is nothing to slow the fall, at all. So you just slam up then down (for about 40 mins).

Golfers are D-Bags.  Most of them try to hit you in your tractor whenever you get close (most can't hit you to save their life). I've even had some teenage D-Bags THROW golf balls at the Tractor because they were molested as children (I kindly flip them off or start cussing like a madman). Most people don't realize how fast a golf ball travels off a club, well I'll tell you: when that golf ball hits the cage it makes the LOUDEST, WORST noise you ever hear (on busy days its constant), its jarring at first but you get used to it.

Disorientation. You will never get used to it on this big ol' piece of machinery. First of all, the fumes, oh lord the fumes. I'm not sure what the hell they are, but they are white/yellow and smell terrible, they fly straight into every orifice you have. You will be light-headed, dizzy, and want to die.  If the fumes aren't enough you get the cage. I don't know if you have stood pretty close to a chain link fence and tried looking past it, you get this terrible vision feeling (you're eyes try to focus on the background and the fence), I'm sure the fact that the cage is bright red does not help. To finish it off: you have about 8 extra feet of rollers on either side of you. It is the widest thing I've ever driven. I've clipped a few of the distance markers and the fences.

The Environment: I'm not even sure where the hell to start on it but lets start with the weather. In the good ol' state of Michigan our weather varies constantly. You can be riding in the worst dampest heat, or the frigid cold. Now for mosquitoes, good God they're everywhere. I don't know if I've been cursed with them but they are everywhere. After a nice long tractor ride I will have about 15+ bites all over my legs (I wear shorts because of the heat). The tractor at night is terrible, add in all of the disorientation, the mosquitoes, and multiple that by 8, add in the dark and the crazy dim lights this thing has and you're in for one hell of a ride.

The baskets: we have to fill the rollers with 18 metal-frame baskets. The baskets aren't to bad at first, but they are stacked (3 stacks of 6) which make them heavy, large, and very easy to break your finger. Sometimes the baskets do not want to separate, in that case you must beat the shit out of them until they come undone. When you are finally done with your ride, you have to pick up each basket (now weighing 40-50 pounds) and carry them to our little golf cart and load it up. We then drive that to a backroom, unload them, and then wash and stack the golf balls.   

Little bit of extra info:

1. Animals are the devil (I have had a woodchuck chase me on the tractor), and I've come close to running over rabbits and birds.
2. The engine of this actually died about 2 years ago, so my boss got another from a tractor that got RUINED IN A FIRE.
3. This tractor is over 30 years old.
4. When you teach another employee how to do the tractor, you have to stand on the space behind the tractor and in front of the metal cage (its like standing on an = sign).
5. I have been hit by a golf ball while on this, it hit the tire and bounced into my leg. It left one hell of a bruise.

That's all for now, I hope you all enjoy my story of my hellish rides on the devil. I might do a couple more stories of my other job's FUN ACTIVITIES.

I hope I did a half decent job in writing, I tried!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:04:15 pm by Rai-Dei »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3871 on: March 29, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »
Nice story. Worst thing that's ever happened to me on my job (soccer referee) is that I made some little girl cry by telling her that she couldn't play because she just got earrings in.

The $30/hr is awesome though, and the test isn't too hard if you spend a few hours studying before.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #3872 on: March 29, 2009, 08:31:58 pm »
Nice story. Worst thing that's ever happened to me on my job (soccer referee) is that I made some little girl cry by telling her that she couldn't play because she just got earrings in.

The $30/hr is awesome though, and the test isn't too hard if you spend a few hours studying before.
The downside is that you probably don't work that often.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3873 on: March 30, 2009, 05:06:30 am »

He's danish, he hasn't seen anyone darker than a ginger kid.

Oops.. nevermind :P

That's pretty funny. SD is the very definiteion of Ginger :D

You do sound pretty black actually. I'm more interested in hearing stories about your incestuous tractor rides

haha, those were the days ;)
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #3874 on: March 30, 2009, 06:23:02 am »

epic tractor experiance

That's a nice detailed write-up there. I'd have to ask my dad (who plays golf every week) if they have tractor-shaped targets on the driving range. :)

You mean the ones which involve tractor riding and incest at the same time?

That's pretty funny. SD is the very definiteion of Ginger :D

Slander and lies!!

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #3875 on: March 30, 2009, 10:34:32 am »
Is this a picture thread, of a golf ball/tractor thread? 

Why not make a new thread for Balls on Tractors.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Everybodys Homefry

• Major(1)
  • Righteous.
« Reply #3876 on: April 02, 2009, 12:57:43 am »

Balls on Tractors.

Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like really bad gay pr0n?

You're right. I'll leave. 

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #3877 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:10 am »

Balls on Tractors.

Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like really bad gay pr0n?

You're right. I'll leave. 
You should, because I did that on purpose. ;)
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3878 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »
This is an inside joke for s4r, but you guys still may find it funny.

(I did spell around wrong, I was too focused on the letter thickness)

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #3879 on: April 03, 2009, 04:28:11 pm »
How big that paper is?
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?