Author Topic: CTF_TheMap (P.S. I'm back !)  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
CTF_TheMap (P.S. I'm back !)
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:11:12 pm »
Yaya, the Raithah is back baby ! I'm sure you didn't miss me, but I sure did miss your incessant complaining on how horrible my maps are so I felt obliged to come off Planetside for a couple hours and feed your bloodlust ;)

On a side note I'm rather saddened at the fact that Mr. Charles has left the building, as he was a spectacular mapper. So I tip my ceremonial plastic cup root-beer glass in your honour. Your leaving has left a hole unfillable by thousands after.

Now on to the depressing stuff :

Overview

That's the only overview, and with it comes a little request. See, I have a little problem concerning time. My second semester at school has suddenly become hell-on-earth so my copious amounts of free time has dwindled to something I can fit in a plastic shot glass. So, unless you are blind, you will probably have noticed that my map has little to no colouring/shading. The only stuff that is there is to discern between water/land (yes there are some of my amazing poly falls), but other than that it's bare map'd.

Here's the request : do whatever you'd like to this (mostly) finished map, including adding sceneries, colouring, de-colouring (etc) and you can win a fabulous prize !

Though I can't guarantee how fabulous it will be, or if it will even exist.

*clears throat*

Hey, whatcha waiting for ! Let's see if you can turn a crappy looking map into a piece of mapping art :)

Edit: On a side note I just realized that my post time is insane localy. It's at exactly 1:11:11 :)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: CTF_TheMap (P.S. I'm back !)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:46:49 pm »
Why don't you just throw all of this into Rambo_6's Map Scrapyard (a sticky under the resources section) if you're never gonna finish any of your work? :P

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 09:13:36 am »
Well one because I don't want to disgrace that section w/ my work, but two because I'll be finishing this. Eventualy. But it'll take a while and I figured I could at least get some comments on it's design in the mean time ;)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »
Well, if that's the purpose, I might as well pitch in then...

I don't like at all how the bottom path is so flat. Not even trench-war maps are like that; add some hills, or something. Just don't let it be Minigun AND Barret heaven, heh. The central vertical structure looks like it could lead to some 'nade-spamming, and somewhat looks generally difficult to maneuver through. The base layout is all right, I think, but overall it doesn't feel straightforward enough IMO...

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:28:54 pm »
Well ... the water and freaky thing in the middle is set to 'only players collide'. And the cavern is pretty large so if there is a camper, you can sneak up on 'em :) The hill is surprisingly easy to maneuver through, it's a simple matter of backflipping left and right a couple times.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:22:54 pm »
Hey I like the design of this map. Of course, as you know, it looks rather plain but I already know the reason. Yeah, school is bearing down on me as well with work :-\. Not the most fun.

Anyway, there isn't much I could say about this map except that I like the layout. I don't have too much experience with cft maps, either playing them nor making them. Well, so far so good ;).

Edit: Yeah, the bottom does look a bit too flat...

-=[very off topic]=- Planetside is awesome although I haven't played it in forever...Have you ever by chance run across someone named Corn?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:27:46 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:01:32 pm »
//offtopic// Nope, no one named Corn. Although I do play on the US East servers, and often on the unpopular side. Hey, was Corn a girl ? Because the name does ring a bell, though I have been in contact with literaly hundreds of people. //offtopic//

And I understand the bottoms a little flat, but it's not like there aren't ways around it. You still can't snipe from one end to the other :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:14:55 pm »
//off topic// Nah Corn is a guy. Plays on the Warner (European) server. Was pretty popular in the wars and is battle rank 16 I think. Well, he doesn't play too often anymore... Have you ever heard of Twinscythe or ChaosSoldier by any chance? Lol. //off topic//

And I understand the bottoms a little flat, but it's not like there aren't ways around it. You still can't snipe from one end to the other :)

Yah, tis true...