Author Topic: The different jumps...  (Read 1472 times)

Offline ieatchocolat

• Major(1)
The different jumps...
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:42:39 pm »
ON Climb Servers, I usually get stuck because I don't know how to do all the jumps.

Can you help me by listing the jumps that you can do?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
Re: The different jumps...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 01:01:39 pm »
I'm not a big pro, but when you jump, press a dorectional key and press the right mouse button for a short time, then you perform a backflip. Needs good timing though.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 02:00:35 pm »
Just jump backward and right click for a backflip.

For a kick jump, gain speed with a few horizontal jumps, let go of the directional button and do a vertical jump while you still have momentum.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 02:27:55 pm »
in the backflip when you jump backwards you need to hold the up key until after you have the flip going.
you can also do miniflips, which is varying the speed of your keys you hit in backflip, I dont know how to tell it. play maps liek tower2 to learn them all.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 07:19:35 pm »
I don't think there are many 'jumps' other than the standard jump and the backflip. The kickjump just sounds like running and moving through the air.

Im climb maps, its more important to focus on timing the jump right and landing it. Some climp maps I think are too hard and are almost imposible. Those maps you shouldn't kill yourself over.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 07:48:20 pm »
I don't think there are many 'jumps' other than the standard jump and the backflip. The kickjump just sounds like running and moving through the air.
lol?
kickjump is not just 'running and moving through the air' it propels you higher than a standard jump.

Some climp maps I think are too hard and are almost imposible. Those maps you shouldn't kill yourself over.
those are the good ones :)

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 09:38:20 pm »
Well pardon me...

Offline Szatic

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:22 am »
How about a running backflip?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 12:40:48 am »
The most efficient aerial techniques I know:
jump (& jet; the sooner you jet right after you jump, the higher you'll eventually go)
leap (& jet; same as above—you want to start jetting as SOON as you leave the ground)
roll (& jet)
backflip—very versatile; depending at what moment in time you jet, you can control what angle your soldat flies to, from nearly vertical to nearly horizontal
Superman (prone & jet; in mid-air, of course)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 12:43:36 am »
On some climb maps, particularly those designed for the expert players, there are obstacles that require you to backflip in mid-air (eg kz_k_____gold).  Like this for example:

All you have to do is jump forward, and while holding the JUMP key, immediately press & hold the directional key opposite of where you were going and click RIGHT MOUSE.  

To clarify, if you jump forward in the eastward direction, press & hold the LEFT key and the RIGHT MOUSE button.
If you jump forward in the westward direction, RIGHT key + RIGHT MOUSE button.

Note that while attempting to backflip in midair, you must keep the JUMP key held for the whole time until you've successfully executed the trick.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:45:59 am by Eagles_Arrows »

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:16:48 am »
(eg kz_k_____gold).
arent there only 3 '_'s?

w/e if you want to learn the jumps then I would finish ctf_k___omg, ctf_k___1st_v2 and ctf_tower2. omg will teach you everything (dont use the little wall cheat to skip the hard part) but the miniflip, which 1st will teach (you have to do 2 :0) once you beat them you will be good for all maps.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 01:32:57 am »
(eg kz_k_____gold).
arent there only 3 '_'s?

You know what map I'm talking about, so it doesn't really matter.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline ieatchocolat

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 02:43:08 am »
Cheers Eagles_Arrows, you've helped alot :D