Author Topic: This has been bugging me  (Read 744 times)

Offline Seize

• Major
  • pizownage
    • iNevitable
This has been bugging me
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:35:42 pm »
since 1.3, i didn't want to report last time because i thought 1.4 was going to fix it but it didnd't...

this is what is bugging me:

when me and an opponent are in a firefight, if i throw a grenade, sometimes they just bounce and don't die...

who the fuck survives a grenade to the face?

i think they should make the grenade damage to like 2130232372839123 hit points. it's really annoying when i throw 2-3 grenades and hit them but they don't die...also, sometimes i throw one, it hits them, they bounce and then the grenade still lands in front. sometimes they step on it and they commit suicide........

Offline darkmasta187

• Major(1)
Re: This has been bugging me
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:37:48 pm »
i know, we need a solution :(

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 02:29:37 pm »
Nah, with the fact that you can throw them relatively rapidly, making them 1-hit-kills would be overpowered and turn them into spawnkilling spam machines. They already are 2 hit kills, (1 if at 65 or lower % life) so you throwing 3 and them not dying is a lag/hack problem, not a damage one.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 02:52:26 pm »
Does this happen in offline too? Because it might just be laag. Choose a server that has low ping and where ppl close to your country join.

OBEY!!!

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 03:03:32 pm »
Alright, that's a problem with a system called 'hit recognition'. It means that Soldat has to synchronize the exact position of everything on the map (including grenades and bullets) through a potentialy slow connection. When you step on a grenade, the computer needs to determine where you hit it, how far away you were, then send that to the server, that then repeats it to each person, who then needs to interpret it, and report back to the server again ;D. You can see that this is an insanely complicated way of doing things, but it's really a great generalisation. In essence, there really isn't a solution to your problem other than locking yourself up in a room and playing bots :). If that doesn't apply to you, try finding a clan and playing some private games; often they'll have a better 'latency' (basicaly the length of time it takes for information to go from you, to the server and back) and your nades will kill better because of it.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Seize

• Major
  • pizownage
    • iNevitable
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 05:52:25 pm »
Alright, that's a problem with a system called 'hit recognition'. It means that Soldat has to synchronize the exact position of everything on the map (including grenades and bullets) through a potentialy slow connection. When you step on a grenade, the computer needs to determine where you hit it, how far away you were, then send that to the server, that then repeats it to each person, who then needs to interpret it, and report back to the server again ;D. You can see that this is an insanely complicated way of doing things, but it's really a great generalisation. In essence, there really isn't a solution to your problem other than locking yourself up in a room and playing bots :). If that doesn't apply to you, try finding a clan and playing some private games; often they'll have a better 'latency' (basicaly the length of time it takes for information to go from you, to the server and back) and your nades will kill better because of it.

i know this already.