Author Topic: New hack going around?  (Read 7181 times)

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
Re: New hack going around?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 05:50:10 pm »
If it's true, then it means Soldat has a security hole.  After all, the client can auto-download maps anyway.

Offline ChiefBlackFoot

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 07:35:24 pm »
yes.  it is (was, haven't tested in 1.4) a security hole in 1.3.1 client.

this exploit has been around since february since i discovered it.  i discovered it about the same time i discovered the vulnerability that let people remotely download the soldat.ini file from a server to get the administrator password, or any other file on the system for that matter.

i am not the first to exploit it.  people have been uploading dangerous things for the last few months and nobody has seen it,
and,
like usual,
nobody pays any attention to the vulnerabilities coyote finds...  except the dangerous people, that is.

so yes, i hosted a server that auto-downloaded a file called d3d8.dll which was the public release of my hack, which i will not mention the features or where to get it out of respect for FliesLikeABrick and the rules he has here.  there are no trojans or nasty stealing things in it, i wouldn't send something dangerous to everyone on soldat.  but seriously, this vulnerability has been there forever and nobody wants to fix it.

anyway to fix it, go into your soldat folder and delete d3d8.dll
there you go, fixed your problems.

Date Posted: May 02, 2007, 08:30:53 pm
I know this because someone I know apparently knows the person who designed it, and he told me all about it. Also, one of my friends got it accidentally when joining an infected server and looked at it for a bit.

by the way, who are you?  i don't know you.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 09:32:26 pm »
btw, Rowley, i like ur ava!
Same.

Is this happening in 1.4 or 1.3.1? The topic poster said something about 1.4, but brick is saying it only works in 1.3.1.
Well, technically, Soldat 1.4 is the same as 1.3.1, with supposedly fewer bugs and differing fonts and colors. It's possible that they have already found a exploit, since the hackers kinda make it their career. Looks like FLAB's work is not done yet...

I am still a little confused about this, how is it possible that the server is installing a hack for you? I didn't think the servs had that much access to our pc.
Oh, it's possible. You know that little window that asks you where to save the file you are about to download? That's just one of the many openings that servers have access to. Be sure that the websites you check out is certifiable. If it's blocking you from viewing it's source, it's obviously hiding something...

Offline Monkeyspank

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:38 pm »
isnt chief blakcfoot getting a ban now? admitting to hosting auto installing hacks and all.
but atleast fix the security hole he talks about

Offline Sparrow, Jack

• Major
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:08 am »
what about 1.4 isn't that supposed to be hack free?
I got banned! Look at me go!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 11:20:06 am »
btw, Rowley, i like ur ava!

I was just gonna saythe same thing...

what about 1.4 isn't that supposed to be hack free?

No program is perfect. Again, I must say, these hackers are adapting pretty fast....I saw 2 yesterday
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Sparrow, Jack

• Major
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 11:33:03 am »
heey nive avatar rowly!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 11:35:46 am »
Haven't got that (or any) hack yet, and hopefully I won't. Sounds scary, thay can do just anything to ur computer! Luckily my Northon is protectiong me well... tho whenever i make a server he is blocking any pp,who wanna join in :( and i don't wanna turn firewall off, too risky...
Text goes here...

Offline Sparrow, Jack

• Major
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 01:15:55 pm »
trust me hackers are normal people just like you and me they have a heart and they wont take yr personal information, I know all iof the good hackers and they are really nice if you get to know them, even though I dont hack, i hang around them and stuff, I do hack on my server to make movies though, but that's all. Dont ban me please.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 01:22:30 pm »
admitting to hacking on your own server, which still belongs to Soldat is pretty much a one-shot thing...

Offline TigaHawk

• Major
  • AKA The Best
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 01:38:51 pm »
I saw one guy on a server who had a hack that would teleport him to places on the map (and yes this is 1.4) soldat is just like diablo 2, there is NO way to stop hacking. Just like in d2, its only a matter of weeks before the new maphack comes out!
¤ ´¨)
¸.·´¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨) ¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨) ¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` (¸. TigaHawk

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:49 pm »
trust me hackers are normal people just like you and me they have a heart and they wont take yr personal information, I know all iof the good hackers and they are really nice if you get to know them, even though I dont hack, i hang around them and stuff, I do hack on my server to make movies though, but that's all. Dont ban me please.

We'll see what Flies thinks.

And you would be surprised at the amount of information they have on people. Virtually every hack labelled "Public" has either logging to a centralized server of everything you do, has hidden text triggers to activate the hacks in it, or both. Not to mention the odd one that steals registration keys, or has other functionality.

I'm going to lock this, as it is a bit old, and I don't believe anything useful will be contributed. Also, the forums generally have a  policy of not talking about hacks.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 06:59:28 pm »
Mr. Jack Sparrow has been banned.  <inserts witty quote from the movie about how he's been caught>