Author Topic: FN Mini  (Read 7312 times)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: FN Mini
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 12:26:20 pm »
Twistkill, if you stop moving for 3 seconds whenever you spot an enemy the problem is on your end. =)
Okay, maybe I exaggerated the amount of time you need to stop moving... Either way, the point remains that the Minimi is the second most inaccurate gun in the game as of right now - Barrett with 7, Minimi with 4, Ruger with 3.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

6th_account

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 02:45:48 pm »
For me it's instantaneous. Let go of the movement keys and all following bullets should be a lot more accurate. If you have anything different I'd ask you to report it as a bug.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 02:52:40 pm »
For me it's instantaneous. Let go of the movement keys and all following bullets should be a lot more accurate. If you have anything different I'd ask you to report it as a bug.
Well, that's actually the same for me too, but one instance of moving also affects your aim just as quickly as stopping does. The point is that it's more difficult to use than it was before... wouldn't 3 have sufficed? Besides, it was hardly used by anyone back in 1.3.1 and it's just as underused now.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

6th_account

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 04:09:17 pm »
"but one instance of moving also affects your aim just as quickly as stopping does." Master minimizing unnecessary movements and try to move inbetween shots and while taking your selfbink cooldown. Now that would be pro.

"The point is that it's more difficult to use than it was before... wouldn't 3 have sufficed?" Good! It was a overpowered as hell in 1.3.1 for anyone who wasn't suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. We intentionally made it inaccurate to balance it. Three units of moveacc wasn't enough of a leap from two, especially considering the reduced selfbink.

"Besides, it was hardly used by anyone back in 1.3.1 and it's just as underused now." In 1.3.1 it was underused in the clan scene cause it was immorally to use it. You took it as a last resort in those games where you were pissed the last minutes and wanted to be a jackass yourself. Now it's more equally balanced to the other weapons so it hasn't got a big pole-stamp on it anymore. Though it is underused mainly due to the long reload which just makes it unpractical.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 05:06:44 pm »
"Besides, it was hardly used by anyone back in 1.3.1 and it's just as underused now." In 1.3.1 it was underused in the clan scene cause it was immorally to use it. You took it as a last resort in those games where you were pissed the last minutes and wanted to be a jackass yourself. Now it's more equally balanced to the other weapons so it hasn't got a big pole-stamp on it anymore. Though it is underused mainly due to the long reload which just makes it unpractical.
I don't know why you seriously thought that the Minimi was some sort of 1337 death raining weapon considering it already had 2 compared to the rest of the autos plus the longest reload besides the Minigun. The nerf was just unnecessary is all I'm saying. In 1.2.1, all of the autos had no self bink and high damage... now it's 1.4.2 and the weapons have very little self-bink but are much less powerful.

6th_account

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 05:44:30 pm »
Yeah when minimi had a moveacc of 2 it couldn't have been overpowered. It's not like the steyr is overpowered today in the clan scene with it's 2 in moveacc. >_< Its damage output was 95% of steyrs, but it could keep fireing 115% longer, to top if off it beat AK in both categories, which made it an awsome spraygun. The long reload didn't matter, that was a calculated risk when using it.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 02:05:55 pm »
The Minimi is, undoubtably, a powerful weapon. With the best range of the autos, as well as good stopping power, it's the weapon of choice for mid-range combat, right up there with the Ruger, both of which are favorites of mine. As for the reload, combine it with the knife or SOCOM, or with a MP5 if you can get one, and you've got a winning combo. Annoyance all around!
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.