Author Topic: Missing options from in-game menu  (Read 513 times)

Offline Caphriel

• Major(1)
Missing options from in-game menu
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:52 pm »
I was playing earlier tonight on a duckhunt server [(WM)Iqs Duckhunt is Back (67.106.77.193:30107)].  As I haven't played duckhunt in a while, I got kicked after every game because I didn't have the next map.  I kept rejoining, but one time, instead of getting sorted onto a team, I got stuck in spectator mode.  I went to the menu to change team, but all the menu items except Exit to Menu were missing.  I quit and rejoined, and tried it on a couple of other servers, with the same results.  However, on a server with a script to change teams with text entry, I was able to switch freely, and admins could move me around.  This does not occur if I play a a non-multiplayer game.

I 'fixed' this problem (I think).  I started by uninstalling and reinstalling Soldat.  This worked fine, except my name was Major.  Changed it back to my normal name, missing menu options again.  Changed it back to Major, joined a couple of random servers, everything was peachy.  Changed back to my normal name, joined my normal servers, still good.  But I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, or what I did that fixed it, or if it really is fixed or just working for the moment.

Attached file is a screencap of the menu, sans most options.

Cheers,
Caphriel

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
Re: Missing options from in-game menu
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:57:23 pm »
Oh, what a simple problem. Just thank God you aren't alone.

The reason why you were stuck in Spectator mode was because you had the "Join as spectator" box ticked on the main menu. When you reinstalled Soldat, the box was unticked again, as that was the default. Be sure you do not accidentally click it again the next time you play online. :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Caphriel

• Major(1)
Re: Missing options from in-game menu
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 09:02:24 am »
 :o  That was it?  I feel sorta dumb now  ::)  I've been playing for years and never done that before (I didn't even know there was such a check box  :-[).  That at least explains why changing names was fixing it, maybe (I realized this morning I was switching profiles, not names, so maybe...?  I blame the problem on being brain dead last night.  Honest.)

If only all bugs were this easy to fix  ;D