Author Topic: Getting to touchy...  (Read 3497 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: Getting to touchy...
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 11:01:40 am »
I am just tired of people always making these because they want their post count up and they want a thread that makes it to 10 pages...
Its stupid, a waste of space, starts bad arguments and flame wars, and could lead to getting banned.

No one makes a thread with the belief that it will grow to 14 pages.  It just happens.  People make points, other people make counter-points, other people go off on wild tangents, then the person they are debating goes off on a tangent of their own, then eventually the person who started the thread snaps, and everything cools back down.  Good times all around.

But it's foolish to say that, even if this weren't the lounge, that people are debating to increase their post count.  Take Anna, for example.  She never posts anywhere.  But apparently she feels strongly about the issue of abortion, so she posted frequently in that thread, and even started one of her own.

People want to voice their opinions.  If someone feels differently, a debate starts.  We're not flaming each other.  Again, consider the abortion thread.  Yes, people got angry.  But only rarely did they attack their opponent.  Instead, they attack the argument, and question the motivation behind said argument.  That's a normal part of debating.

If you don't like to debate, stay out of threads like that.  Intelligent discussion and computer games aren't mutually exclusive, and the Lounge is there for the sole purpose of letting people talk about what's important to them.

BTW, it's "Getting too touchy" and "capital punishment." Capitol refers to the building.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:03:28 am by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 06:28:01 pm »
Plus...posting in the lounge doesn't raise post count.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 06:37:02 pm »
This will be one thread that will make it to 10 pages. All of people flaming you to all hell xD
Just another soul to burn.